It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has NASA been doing while all Eyes were on ISON...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

old_god
reply to post by hurdygurdy

Sorry bit of a random question, anyone track where Voyager 1 was when ISON appeared...just a theory I am cooking in my cobwebbed old head.

Please share your thoughts on this. What does Voyager 1 have to do with ISON?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I love it how conspiracy believers emply self-confirmation and bias to keep them going. Facts and common sense are wasted on them, I'm afraid. The notion that professional astronomers come to ATS or Youtube to masquerade as amateurs to spread lies is certainly amusing, but completely ridiculous. They have better things to do. Or the notion that the powers need to create the illusion of asteroid thread among the public in order to develop advanced weapons... I'm sure they can do so without those steps.

ATS can sometimes be hardly distinguished from Godlike Productions.

So yeah, what is is that NASA can learn about ISON and keep secret that a bunch of observatories and amateur-run networks around the world can't? NASA aren't the only ones with big telescopes or the ability to perform scientific measurements on comets. I have seen amateur and professional non-NASA reports on ISON involving spectroscopy, dust and water production, size estimates, and lots of other stuff, that would be too technical and boring to you conspiracy lovers. Who cares about the real science done here, let's just bury our heads in the sand and believe any fantasies we want to believe. *rolls eyes*

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Here's a link to Thor's latest YouTube video where he reviews the past year since the discovery of Comet Ison was announced by NASA in January and the first video footage of ISON was released in February. Since that time Thor has been producing YouTube videos about Comet Ison and from the very beginning Thor has questioned NASA's lack of imagery.

Thor News: Comet c/2012 s1 ISON WTF ??? - The Start

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Why would NASA particularly want to take pictures of ISON, just one of a dozen or more inner system comets this year. There was absolutely nothing special about it, other than public interest due to the possibility it could become a bright naked eye object if it survived perihelion.

How many pictures of Lovejoy has NASA taken? Which at least has become (just about) naked eye visible - and the only comet I've seen myself this year (though only through binoculars)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

It makes sense to me, but then why did NASA drop the ball with ISON? Do you suppose this comet will be resurrected? Is it possible we'll see three ships come sailing in on Christmas Day?

Or perhaps the day after, as ISON was initially predicted to make its' closet approach to Earth.

As far as aliens go...maybe they're the ones who want to weaponize space.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

ISON = eyes on! It's a conspiracy folks! They want everybody to look at it while the earth is destroyed by an asteroid a friend at NASA told me so

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Did anyone notice the size of ISON compared to planet Earth on SOHO? Prior to reaching the Sun it was massive, and still is after seperating. Now SOHO has been down for 5 days straight which I find at least a bit odd.

Yuh know, There seems to be a mass infection of shillism here on ATS when it comes to even just simple discussion about ISON. Strange times indeed. ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

No it wasn't massive. It was smallish as comets go which is probably why it disintegrated when it got near the sun.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Funny how reasonable people are always called shills around here.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

MysterX
reply to post by TheDon

What do you expect mate, NASA decided to build a rover to wander around a crater on Mars costing $3.5 Billion...and apparently decided to equip the most expensive Matian rover in the history of Humanity with....2 megapixel CCDs.

Yep...2 meg imaging chips...on a $3.5 Billion mission.

And the reason for equipping the thing with such a pathetic, whimpy, little gnat of a CCD series given by one of the NASA imaging team?

Get this; Turns out 'they are used to working with the 2mp CCDs...that's it.

Oh yes...something is most definitely being concealed. On another planet that can only mean one or two things, and they both mean tptb don't want us to know.

It's an absolute bloody disgrace.

edit on 8-12-2013 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

I would hope the ignorance displayed in this post would be ignored by other readers but I fear it won't and this kind of nonsense will be regurgitated as some mega NASA conspiracy. The equipment currently roaming around Mars was built tested tested tested and tested again over many years before it was sent up. YOu know , to make sure it worked!! Now unless folks have been living under a rock you will have noticed that CCD's are advancing quite rapidly so the "apparent" best CCD today is way better than the one tested on the rover BUT you can't just switch in the latest CCD without going through the whole testing process again DUH!!!!!

Next point to the folks who like big numbers as opposed to accurate ones:

My 6Mb digital SLR from a few years ago takes vastly superior photos to the 13MB cameras on most phones and compact cameras.....why?.......because the sensor is much larger.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

hurdygurdy
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

It makes sense to me, but then why did NASA drop the ball with ISON? Do you suppose this comet will be resurrected? Is it possible we'll see three ships come sailing in on Christmas Day?

Or perhaps the day after, as ISON was initially predicted to make its' closet approach to Earth.

As far as aliens go...maybe they're the ones who want to weaponize space.

ISON was a maybe comet that turned out to be a non event. It's as simple as that. However, people who financed Sitchins lifestyle and have "I love Nibiru" t-shirts just can't grasp that concept.....

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

MysterX
reply to post by TheDon

What do you expect mate, NASA decided to build a rover to wander around a crater on Mars costing $3.5 Billion...and apparently decided to equip the most expensive Matian rover in the history of Humanity with....2 megapixel CCDs.

Yep...2 meg imaging chips...on a $3.5 Billion mission.

And the reason for equipping the thing with such a pathetic, whimpy, little gnat of a CCD series given by one of the NASA imaging team?

Get this; Turns out 'they are used to working with the 2mp CCDs...that's it.

Oh yes...something is most definitely being concealed. On another planet that can only mean one or two things, and they both mean tptb don't want us to know.

It's an absolute bloody disgrace.

edit on 8-12-2013 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

Not only did they use 2MP CCDs, NASA also hid from public the real color of Mars. Remember those red, green, blue and another color (I forgot the other color) on the rover that showed differently in Mars. The green became red, blue became maroon, red is still red. Why is NASA not showing us the true color of Mars? They can always edit the color to show the real color of Mars if they wanted to.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
Ok anyone and everyone dancing around this with NASA is hiding, NASA is inept, NASA is fill in the blank, spit it out.
Why don't you want to say what you're really thinking. You don't want to be made fun of ????

wow. you know what other people are thinking? cool.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
double post

edit on 10/12/13 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

SheopleNation
Did anyone notice the size of ISON compared to planet Earth on SOHO? Prior to reaching the Sun it was massive, and still is after seperating. Now SOHO has been down for 5 days straight which I find at least a bit odd.

Yuh know, There seems to be a mass infection of shillism here on ATS when it comes to even just simple discussion about ISON. Strange times indeed. ~$heopleNation

If I am shill, I want to know where in the hell my paycheck is.

HINT: When you hear hoof beats.,. think horses, not zebras.

The simplest explanation, is usually the correct one.

Which is more likely? A world wide conspiracy (including thousands of non-NASA folks) to hide information about a sungrazer? Or just a sungrazer?

Not everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, or in this case.. a comet is just a comet. There was never a reason to hide information about ISON, and the info was never a secret in the first place.

I'm extremely disappointed in the willingness I'm seeing here to abandon all reason and logic in favor of this ISON conspiracy nonsense.

edit on 12/10/2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Now I am reminded again why I stopped posting actively on ATS... You can lead a horse to water, show it the water, prove that there are no hidden monstera in it, but you cannot make it drink...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

RoScoLaz

AutumnWitch657
Ok anyone and everyone dancing around this with NASA is hiding, NASA is inept, NASA is fill in the blank, spit it out.
Why don't you want to say what you're really thinking. You don't want to be made fun of ????

wow. you know what other people are thinking? cool.

Sure don't you?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

wildespace
I love it how conspiracy believers employ self-confirmation and bias to keep them going. Facts and common sense are wasted on them, I'm afraid. The notion that professional astronomers come to ATS or Youtube to masquerade as amateurs to spread lies is certainly amusing, but completely ridiculous. They have better things to do. Or the notion that the powers need to create the illusion of asteroid threat among the public in order to develop advanced weapons... I'm sure they can do so without those steps.

ATS can sometimes be hardly distinguished from Godlike Productions.

So yeah, what is that NASA can learn about ISON and keep secret that a bunch of observatories and amateur-run networks around the world can't? NASA aren't the only ones with big telescopes or the ability to perform scientific measurements on comets. I have seen amateur and professional non-NASA reports on ISON involving spectroscopy, dust and water production, size estimates, and lots of other stuff, that would be too technical and boring to you conspiracy lovers. Who cares about the real science done here, let's just bury our heads in the sand and believe any fantasies we want to believe. *rolls eyes*

Finally some logic and much needed common sense. If I could star this post more than once, I would, because, it deserves it.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

NASA
NSA
CIA
MOSSAD
MI6
NATO
IMF/Tavistock
Federal Reserve/IRS
World Court
KGB
World Bank
FBI
Bank of England
United Nations
Bank for International Settlements

I find it fascinating how quiet China is in this so called New World Order picture.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

hurdygurdy
Here's a link to Thor's latest YouTube video where he reviews the past year since the discovery of Comet Ison was announced by NASA in January and the first video footage of ISON was released in February. Since that time Thor has been producing YouTube videos about Comet Ison and from the very beginning Thor has questioned NASA's lack of imagery.

Thor News: Comet c/2012 s1 ISON WTF ??? - The Start

Can't agree more.

Embedded so others can watch the video, which shows a very good and brief history off what was said and has happened.

Peace
edit on 10/12/2013 by TheDon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join