It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has NASA been doing while all Eyes were on ISON...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

Anybody got a ticket for mandelas funeral? All the v.i.p.'s and there wifes will be there. Just coincidence?

Rats! They're on to us! How did you figure out that Mandela's funeral was just a ruse for the 500 members of the Elite destined to survive the impact of Brown Dwarf Nibiru Planet X to gather in the Southern Hemisphere where we can board the Tesla lightship that will transport us to the nearest Stargate? Phage? Have you been blabbing?
what if isons obit was the other way round? We would not see ison coming because it would be hidden by the glare of the sun? We have had a very close shave with this comet or have we? L

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

roncoallstar
reply to post by hurdygurdy

Funny, when I posted a topic a few weeks ago about how NASA is covering something up, almost everyone attacked me. I posted better evidence well. I guess the debunkers and disinfo agents were out in force. Actually if you go to BPEarthwatch and thronews youtube channels, you will see clear evidence that they are 100% hiding something about ISON.

BPEarthwatch is a fraud. Thornews is slightly better, but still misguided... I don't feel he is intentionally trying to be dishonest, as in the case of BPEarth who asks for donations from his viewers.

If you go to BPEarthwatch's channel, you will see that many of the things he points out, are in fact hot pixels and other common, easily explainable photographic anomalies/artifacts. The pics he uses to show his 'measurements', are NOT images that can be used for that purpose because they are overexposed to begin with, meaning that objects in the images look brighter, and therefore larger, than they really are, so they cannot be used to take accurate measurements.

I just wanted to let people know that these 2 youtube channels provide more truth about what is really going on than what the "authorities" are telling you.

No. BPEarth preys on the uniformed and uses fear mongering to mislead them.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

MysterX
reply to post by wmd_2008

Oh give it a rest mate...if you so bloody keen on research, i suggest you could do worse than study ad hominem attacks, since you're obvious used to using them as you primary form of response.

Oh..and study hard if i were you, then you may be able to add a little subtly to your psychological drivel and bring it into the 21st century!

A 2mp CCD on a 21st century, $3.5 BILLION mission, is always going to be a 2mp CCD on a 21st century, $3.5 BILLION mission regardless of you throwing your rattle out of the pram and stomping your feet.

It IS a bloody disgrace and your weak kneed defence of it is too.

Obviously I struck a nerve seriously if you are going to complain about something at least find out the FACTS, they cant change things just because they feel like it why don't YOU read a bit more about the optical system the ccd is attached to next you will be saying they should have put in an iphone.

30+ YEARS of taking pictures from fully manual cameras and developing in the darkroom up to the present day working with 16mp RAW files from my DSLR on my computer gives me a great deal of knowledge and helps me spot when people are spouting BS about a subject they don't fully understand say like YOU!!!!
edit on 9-12-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

I can't believe the ignorance of truth I find here ..... I come to this forum to allegedly find intelligent communications on a given subject. And granted at times that is the case....NOT so now.

Now if you choose to keep your little blinders on your sheeple eyes then do so. I see no reason , however to slam the likes of Jesse / BPEarthwatch , who by the way is one of the few that is giving us some sort of an accurate as possible account of Ison and the possible implications.

Go ahead and think that NASA is giving you ALL the truth and nothing but the truth. SURE ....... and 911 was accomplished with box cutters from idiots that couldn't hardly fly a plane in the first place.

Wake up and smell the proverbial $heet you're shoveling.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

wildespace

hurdygurdy
due to seemingly unlimited budget for highly advanced equipment and technology.

It's one of the funniest things I've read in a while. The Army gets the seemingly unlimited budget; NASA just get the bread crumbs off the table.

Those Hubble pictures of ISON were pretty good. At the time they were taken, amateur photos showed ISON as very small. Why the Hubble didn't take pictures when ISON flared up and produced a beautiful tail, I'm not sure, but it might be due to ISON getting too close to the Sun; Hubble is not allowed to be pointed to within a certain distance to the Sun in case it damages sensitive instruments.

Besides, NASA's main job is to do science, not to take pretty pictures for the public.

Now i can fall asleep again asured that everythin is all right.
You have tottaly convinced me!
Thank you.
I can now sleep in peace. Everything is allright.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSkid

I see no reason , however to slam the likes of Jesse / BPEarthwatch , who by the way is one of the few that is giving us some sort of an accurate as possible account of Ison and the possible implications.

It's not the individuals being slammed as much as their methods that are in question.

Take a look at the linked page and see how easy it is to misinterpret, and misrepresent, image artifacts as something they are not. BPEarth 'enhances' (read: plays with contrast and colors) hot pixels and other common imaging artifacts and claims they are various things.

He has used this method to claim that spacecrafts were steering ISON, he's used them to claim to be able to 'see' inside comet ISON and show the 'fragments', and he fails to understand that overexposed (meaning objects look brighter, and therefore, larger than they truly are) images cannot be used to make accurate measurements of distance.

Source

NASA has had zero reason to lie about ISON, and information about ISON, has never been hidden. When an object is discovered, the information is public the instant it's reported via The Minor Planet Center. The majority of the legwork for objects is done by amateur astronomers. That is where the information comes from that is used to calculate orbits, size and magnitude of NEOs, including ISON.

These are regular people, that do not work for NASA or any other space agency, that live all around the world. They are all part the collaborative, and international, effort to discover, track and observe near earth objects.

How can the information be hidden from the very people that are providing it? Think about that for a second.

Could the thousands and thousands of amateur astronomers, with telescopes in their backyards that would make Galileo cry, all be silenced?

Please look at it critically, and please consider the possibility that maybe, just maybe.... these youtubers aren't qualified to do what they are doing and that they might have an ulterior motive.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

daryllyn

cheesy

BPEarthWatch

Cheesy, that guy is no good. He isn't telling the truth, he is only trying to get more views for his videos so that he can make more money from his Google Ad-Sense account on Youtube.

I have researched a lot of what he says and almost all of it is nonsense.

ISON isn't changing course. It is not larger than reported. The debris field is not going to spread to 75,000,000 miles from it's course. The part of the debris stream that we pass through, isn't even the same part of the stream where the fragments are. The fragments will follow their parent body's projected orbit, and their closest pass will be 40,000,000 miles away.... way above the ecliptic.

Don't fall for his dramatics, Cheesy, there is no need to worry.

Both attractive and smart, unfortunately there's not many of us left

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

LOL, so you are telling us that the Super Hi-Res Images collected from Hubble that are 50 Gigabytes apiece should take what , 6 months or so to get here ???

I guess it is true then, its all fake at those speeds !!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Daryllyn, you are being incredibly naive on this subject, If you meet people who work for NASA, you will find that NONE of them are "normal people".

All of them are quite weird in fact, just head down to Orlando and find out for yourself.

And ask yourself why you believe that an agency that deals with the most important aspect of secret societies, kingdoms, corporate oligarchies, and many other issues, who is owned by people whose job is to hide everything from public view, and ALWAYS HAS BEEN, would decide that in some cases they will show you what ANY of them are actually up too.

Truly a disgrace of information that is being released, luckily they have people who are lost in romantic thought, about something nicer, being in control.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I haven't seen any new pics of it since they said it was gone, yet I keep hearing and seeing that ISON is still out there, is going to hit Earth, and all this other nonsense. I watched NASA videos showing how ISON never came around the Sun, but I watched other videos that pointed out the Sun's solar flares were still for hours in those NASA videos.. which is impossible and obvious when you look at other NASA videos of the Sun.
So, what the f***? If they are hiding something, then what? And why? Won't we seen ISON, if it did survive, via amateur astronomers anyway?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

ParasuvO
reply to post by daryllyn

Daryllyn, you are being incredibly naive on this subject, If you meet people who work for NASA, you will find that NONE of them are "normal people".

And ask yourself why you believe that an agency that deals with the most important aspect of secret societies, kingdoms, corporate oligarchies, and many other issues, who is owned by people whose job is to hide everything from public view, and ALWAYS HAS BEEN, would decide that in some cases they will show you what ANY of them are actually up too.

Care to provide some links to back up any of those claims?

When I was referring to "normal people", I meant those that do not work for NASA, that are part of the thousands of amateur astronomers, that are involved in the world wide, collaborative effort to discover, track and observe near earth objects. These are the people that are providing the observations used for the calculation of orbits, magnitudes, and sizes of NEOs.

NASA isn't even the hub for these objects, yet somehow, they get all the credit... the Minor Planet Center is the hub for NEOs. Look into it for yourself.

I never claimed that they don't hide anything from the public, my claim was that they didn't hide information from the public about comet ISON, or any other NEOs that have been reported to the MPC as that information is public.

edit on 12/9/2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Char-Lee

Ut oh, someone has watched independence day one too many times me thinks.

Did they have a black budget I missed in Independence day??

Still I am a believer and not ashamed of it!

He describes the background and nature of the ‘First contact’ with extraterrestrials as follows:
In 1953 Astronomers discovered large objects in space which were moving toward the Earth. It was first believed that they were asteroids. Later evidence proved that the objects could only be Spaceships. Project Sigma intercepted alien radio communications. When the objects reached the Earth they took up a very high orbit around the Equator.

There were several huge ships, and their actual intent was unknown. Project Sigma, and a new project, Plato, through radio communications using the computer binary language, was able to arrange a landing that resulted in face to face contact with alien beings from another planet. Project Plato was tasked with establishing diplomatic relations with this race of space aliens. In the meantime a race of human looking aliens contacted the U.S. Government.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

You have seen me post the same sentiment in other threads. There are many here who are on the nasa train, although watching most of their other threads i am unsure why. Nasa has clearly been doing strange bait and switch lately. They have still not being truthful about the huge objects inside ison.

We will go through the tail and it will be interesting to see what hits us. I would like to know what the huge shimmering see through object on the side of the camera. It looks as if it has mass but yet invisible. No matter what it turns out to be it is interesting.

I don't know why they are not giving us good clear pictures, they could even give us hubble images. Yea it is technical to move the cameras, some jockey has to do the math and enter the information and hit enter. The power is regenerated by solar power so that is not the issue. Keeping time lines for other projects yes, but hey there is no project more important than ison and what might be coming or is there.

That is the question.

The Bot

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
You actually mean to sit there and tell me that the images we recieved from your esteemed NASA were NOT overexposed ??? Come da heck on , woman .....you gotta be kiddin me. I give up ...... I'm sorry , but ya just can't fix stupid.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Sorry bit of a random question, anyone track where Voyager 1 was when ISON appeared...just a theory I am cooking in my cobwebbed old head.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

old_god

Sorry bit of a random question, anyone track where Voyager 1 was when ISON appeared...just a theory I am cooking in my cobwebbed old head.

At the moment they say over 126 AU from the Sun.

voyager.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

MysterX
reply to post by TheDon

What do you expect mate, NASA decided to build a rover to wander around a crater on Mars costing $3.5 Billion...and apparently decided to equip the most expensive Matian rover in the history of Humanity with....2 megapixel CCDs.

Yep...2 meg imaging chips...on a $3.5 Billion mission.

And the reason for equipping the thing with such a pathetic, whimpy, little gnat of a CCD series given by one of the NASA imaging team?

Get this; Turns out 'they are used to working with the 2mp CCDs...that's it.

Oh yes...something is most definitely being concealed. On another planet that can only mean one or two things, and they both mean tptb don't want us to know.

It's an absolute bloody disgrace.

edit on 8-12-2013 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

The reason it was given a 2mp camera among other reasons is because say it's given a 10 megapixel camera and the file size is 10-15mb that's nearly half of the Daily limit of 32mb.

So you get more pictures back with a 2mp camera.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by roncoallstar

I couldn't agree more with you about Thor News and BPearthwatch on YouTube. I've learned so much from their videos. Like many of us here, they seek answers to questions that "official" sources (NASA) fail to address.

There seem to be a lot of posters who attempt to delegitimize amateur research. That raises a big red flag in my Eyes. These so-called amateurs appear to possess a burning desire to uncover the truth, which imo may be more incentive than a paycheck in any given profession.

At any rate, it appears to me there are "cough" professionals posting on ATS as well as YouTube, masquerading as otherwise.

And yeah, I've entertained the idea that research provided by amateurs could be disinformation, controlled opposition or simply incorrect.

I don't own a telescope. All I can do is connect as many dots as possible and then go with my gut. NASA appeared to neglect and then abandon her new baby, Comet Ison. I want to know why.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

SayonaraJupiter

Is NASA preoccupied with something more important or way cooler taking place in the heavens at the moment?

I think that it's a very good opportunity for NASA to place the Asteroid Threat plan into full motion. Since Chelyabinsk (Feb. 2013) the Asteroid Threat has been getting more and more news coverage.

Just type 'asteroid threat' into a search engine and you'll see what I mean. ISON could be a momentary distraction that would be followed by a real event, an existential threat, where the earth has only 3 days to respond.

Actually, ISON is a comet, a sort of celestial existential threat, that is millions of times more dangerous than communism, terrorism or rogue nations. Search on the von Braun disclosure, Carol Rosin, Disclosure project for the details.

ISON itself may not ever pose a danger to earth, yet, the increase in news headlines for Chelyabinsk, ISON and other NEO's is creating a huge global awareness campaign, so when the NWO/Falso Flag asteroid is ready & prepared, the asteroid will be unleashed toward earth...

Your theory of a manufactured false-flag event has crossed my mind, as well. It certainly would explain the poor imaging released by NASA. Are we beginning to see the Asteroid Card being played...

But who is the targeted population for this deception? No one I'm acquainted with in the real world was remotely aware of Comet Ison, or Comet Elenin for that matter. Those who are paying attention are likely to become jaded when the asteroid card is played too often.

Could the intent be to debilitate via fear, and/or discredit annoying conspiracy theorists? Or could it be a benevolent deception, designed to encourage preparedness for when the big one really gets here? Or something else...

???

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Are we beginning to see the Asteroid Card being played...

Asteroids are the next card. The news headlines confirm it. The von Braun prophecy confirms it. Chelyabinsk was the kick off, confirming it.

This will result in the manufacture of new weapons to destroy asteroids, which means, that we will manufacture weapons and weaponize space, which is a serious decision. Shall humanity weaponize space?

If Wernher von Braun was correct in his threat sequence... then we ought to weaponize space now, against the asteroids, because we know that E.T. follows asteroids. We should be prepared for E.T.

Should we prepare for E.T.?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join