It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has NASA been doing while all Eyes were on ISON...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Oh give it a rest mate...if you so bloody keen on research, i suggest you could do worse than study ad hominem attacks, since you're obvious used to using them as you primary form of response.

Oh..and study hard if i were you, then you may be able to add a little subtly to your psychological drivel and bring it into the 21st century!

A 2mp CCD on a 21st century, $3.5 BILLION mission, is always going to be a 2mp CCD on a 21st century, $3.5 BILLION mission regardless of you throwing your rattle out of the pram and stomping your feet.

It IS a bloody disgrace and your weak kneed defence of it is too.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
First of all there is no need for some of the nastiness and rudeness being posted. Second I seen someone post about this thread being about ison, but I disagree the title says, what is nasa doing while all eyes are on ison , so it would seem that the thread is about nasa not ison. The thing is i have a friend who works for nasa, and I asked him about ison recently while I was talking to him about a project that I'm helping him with, for nasa, not to toot my own horn , but it is something I will be given engineering credit for by nasa. But like I said, I asked him about ison and I explained the earlier thread here about ison being broken into many pieces by a CME at perihelion and the debris field spreading out to a 40 million mile wide field, and the possibility of pieces of ison hitting the earth. His response was rather intriguing to me, because it was as if ison is not even a blip on their radar, future projects they are working on were more the order of the day. When I say future projects I mean long term future projects, which also gave me the impression that the people over at nasa have no concern whatsoever about any significant debris hitting the earth, but he also went on to say that, even if there was a planet killing event even remotely possible they would never say that to the general public, because it would create general chaos everywhere, and the problem with doing that is if they were wrong then they would be responsible for the chaos that was caused by saying that. But like I said he was more concerned with the credit that we are going to be given for our contributions, he is using my engineering expertise to advance a long term project, and why would they continue to be focused on a long term project that is a few years in the full making and patenting of if there was going to be a life ending event in a few weeks, it doesn't make sense that they would still be concerned about this if life on earth was going to end or be dramatically altered by this event in a few weeks. I think the most we are going to see is a really pretty meteor shower from the busted up debris PARTICLES. Now to answer the question asked in the title. Of course I think nasa is working on something that is a real big deal to humanity, the reason being, I personally don't think they would have ended the shuttle program unless they had something really big in the works, that they needed to divert the funding from the shuttle to the new project, and let the Russians be the taxi cab drivers for the INTERNATIONAL space station.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

I asked him about ison and I explained the earlier thread here about ison being broken into many pieces by a CME at perihelion and the debris field spreading out to a 40 million mile wide field, and the possibility of pieces of ison hitting the earth. His response was rather intriguing to me, because it was as if ison is not even a blip on their radar, future projects they are working on were more the order of the day.

Exactly! Comet ISON was principally of interest to scientists who are studying solar system formation. Its composition is assumed to be a fossilized record of the original solar nebula. An engineer working on the VASIMIR propulsion system might literally never have even heard of it. NASA has re-purposed as many assets as conveniently possible to study the comet, but it has been a very low priority. Given that, the amount of information that has been published (and which will be published when the various research teams complete their work) is almost astonishing. In the meantime, NASA continues to work on their long term projects. Why, it's almost as if they didn't know that Comet Elenin was going to destroy the Earth by the end of 2012!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
WOW, the rudeness,immaturity and dam right nastiness is astonishing, and the personal attacks!! for just discussing a topic what one is interested in.

Now I remember why I have not bothered posting much in the last 4 years.

Peace

Sad state off affairs with all that is going on in the world I tell you....

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Surely all this can prove that MAYBE….. MAYBE NASA is just a cover face for something bigger.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Understanding pixels and how they work HERE
edit on 9-12-2013 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Ut oh, someone has watched independence day one too many times me thinks.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hurdygurdy

Is NASA preoccupied with something more important or way cooler taking place in the heavens at the moment?

I think that it's a very good opportunity for NASA to place the Asteroid Threat plan into full motion. Since Chelyabinsk (Feb. 2013) the Asteroid Threat has been getting more and more news coverage.

Just type 'asteroid threat' into a search engine and you'll see what I mean. ISON could be a momentary distraction that would be followed by a real event, an existential threat, where the earth has only 3 days to respond.

Actually, ISON is a comet, a sort of celestial existential threat, that is millions of times more dangerous than communism, terrorism or rogue nations. Search on the von Braun disclosure, Carol Rosin, Disclosure project for the details.

ISON itself may not ever pose a danger to earth, yet, the increase in news headlines for Chelyabinsk, ISON and other NEO's is creating a huge global awareness campaign, so when the NWO/Falso Flag asteroid is ready & prepared, the asteroid will be unleashed toward earth...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

HawkeyeNation
They hiding Nibiru from us...that is all

www.disclose.tv...
www.disclose.tv...

Even though you're wrong you're the only one so far with the balls to say what the other morons are thinking but are not brave enough to put out there. Just shows how sure they must be in what they are thinking. Either this or aliens . You guys know I am right.
That's what you really believe is going on. Admit it already and get the thread moving. ( to the hoax bin LOL )

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

How is this relevant to the thread? Yeah just as I thought. Not.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

SayonaraJupiter

Is NASA preoccupied with something more important or way cooler taking place in the heavens at the moment?

I think that it's a very good opportunity for NASA to place the Asteroid Threat plan into full motion. Since Chelyabinsk (Feb. 2013) the Asteroid Threat has been getting more and more news coverage.

Just type 'asteroid threat' into a search engine and you'll see what I mean. ISON could be a momentary distraction that would be followed by a real event, an existential threat, where the earth has only 3 days to respond.

Actually, ISON is a comet, a sort of celestial existential threat, that is millions of times more dangerous than communism, terrorism or rogue nations. Search on the von Braun disclosure, Carol Rosin, Disclosure project for the details.

ISON itself may not ever pose a danger to earth, yet, the increase in news headlines for Chelyabinsk, ISON and other NEO's is creating a huge global awareness campaign, so when the NWO/Falso Flag asteroid is ready & prepared, the asteroid will be unleashed toward earth...
s

Give me a break. You want to speed this thread to skunk works or hoax forums keep this nonsense up.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

Anybody got a ticket for mandelas funeral? All the v.i.p.'s and there wifes will be there. Just coincidence?

Rats! They're on to us! How did you figure out that Mandela's funeral was just a ruse for the 500 members of the Elite destined to survive the impact of Brown Dwarf Nibiru Planet X to gather in the Southern Hemisphere where we can board the Tesla lightship that will transport us to the nearest Stargate? Phage? Have you been blabbing?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Well there's much that's withheld from the general public, but I was watching this interview done with Col. Gene Cernan who was the last man to walk on the moon and they were asking him how does he feel that they are not focusing as much on the moon now as they are Mars and he accidentally said to the interviewer from FOX News,"well I know Buzz would love to go BACK to Mars".

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Give me a break. You want to speed this thread to skunk works or hoax forums keep this nonsense up.

Actually, he's bringing this up here to reinforce what he's been babbling about on another thread. It's a bit like when the Beverly Hillbillies visit Green Acres.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Ok anyone and everyone dancing around this with NASA is hiding, NASA is inept, NASA is fill in the blank, spit it out.
Why don't you want to say what you're really thinking. You don't want to be made fun of ????

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KrodUCF

Trust me, if Buzz Aldrin had ever been to Mars, he would be telling everybody about it.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

First of all, congrats on your stint working for NASA..it is a feather in anyones cap.

But when you say this;

..and why would they continue to be focused on a long term project that is a few years in the full making and patenting of if there was going to be a life ending event in a few weeks, it doesn't make sense that they would still be concerned about this if life on earth was going to end or be dramatically altered by this event in a few weeks.

You have already answered you own question earlier in the same post where you said;

which also gave me the impression that the people over at nasa have no concern whatsoever about any significant debris hitting the earth, but he also went on to say that, even if there was a planet killing event even remotely possible they would never say that to the public, because it would create general chaos everywhere, and the problem with doing that is if they were wrong then they would be responsible for the chaos that was caused by saying that.

See what i mean?

Carry on regardless is just that. If NASA wasn't fully engaged in long term projects, that would be a rather large red flag would it not?

NOTE: This is NOT to say i tend to imagine Ison or fragments of it are on their way to obliterate Earth or anything, as i don't have any information one way or the other to form an opinion, but IF we were facing an ELE, i don't doubt for a nano-second that tptb would save themselves and their cronies while appearing to carry on as normal..sticking to long term projects, and things like that would be needed to carry on a convincing charade.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Funny, when I posted a topic a few weeks ago about how NASA is covering something up, almost everyone attacked me. I posted better evidence well. I guess the debunkers and disinfo agents were out in force. Actually if you go to BPEarthwatch and thronews youtube channels, you will see clear evidence that they are 100% hiding something about ISON.

I won't be checking back to this topic because I have seen how this community responds to the opinions of people on youtube, and i will not be drawn into another pointless debate with close minded people. However I just wanted to let people know that these 2 youtube channels provide more truth about what is really going on than what the "authorities" are telling you.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Thank you, and it's funny you said that, I was kind of thinking that as I was typing it,but I didn't want the thought to stop flowing so I just kept typing

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join