It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Cats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Just so you know, I have two cats. I also have a fireplace in my home. Now, I have, at times, found my cats eying my fireplace (with out the fire lit) with curiosity and interest. Once I was cleaning out the ashes to it and when I turned my back I found my smaller cat (she hasn't grown a bit in the year I've found her and kept her) trying to climb up the flu. Because of the colder temps of Dec, I have a fire roaring in the fireplace. The same cat, was eying it as if she wanted to find a way to not get burned and climb up that darned flu. She then settled down next on the hearth and is watching it intently.

Has anyone else noticed such behavior in their cats? If you have, please share your stories! Thanks!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisalie

You better watch her closely, keep the fire hot or get a screen. She could decide to make a dash up the chimney.

I'll never forget a sad experience with a cat and fire. I was burning a brush pile that had harbored a stray female cat and kittens. I had mistakenly assume that they had all matured and left it. As the fire was burning at its height, one kitten rushed out from underneath and would have escaped, but it saw me and ran back into the flames.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

That is horrible, I can't imagine.

I hope you made effort to move over or douse the flames....good to have a hose ready if the fires gunna burn...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

The screen is closed when I light fires. I'm to terrified of a fire from an rouge spark. I would like to think she has enough sense to stay away from a hot fire, but who knows what goes through a cat's mind.

I'm so sorry to hear about the kitten.
Did it survive?

new topics

top topics

join