It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biosignature Searches in Our Solar System & Beyond U.S. House Space Committee Testimony, December 4

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Hello All,

I searched ATS and did not find any reference about this conference.

I am watching it right now even if i am sure that is another useless boring NASA informative bulletin where they list some suppozitions and give nothing more than "maybe" "we hope" "in the near future" "we evaluate the possibility" etc...

Its one hour and a half. I will come back with comments and descriptions after i watch it.

O.K. for those that dont want to waste one and a half hour of their precious time:

The witnesses seem to be legit scientists each very well prepared in his area.
They evaluate the available technologies, the challanges in implementing those technologies, the funding problems etc.
They support SETI as an essential part of the Biosignature searches.
At the end, all agree that they are sure that there is life out there but unfortunately nobody has not even a tiny clue about where, how, when etc..

My impression over all: three scientists bound by Non Disclosure Agreements are called to justify some hundreds of millions allocated to research programs with unconclusive results that will vanish somehow into an undiscovered yet evil black hole that materialises in their vaults

edit on 8-12-2013 by xxerse because: After watching it

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I like your conclusion. The fact is though, to gain their wealth they bloww most of the money on a project that did not need to be done. A project they marketed to congress. Many of the most expensive projects world wide are not needed. People need food, water, shelter and heat to keep them warm. Yet people lack these things while some do extravagant things that are not actually worth doing. Our society is broken.

join