It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ability to Push a Mind

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

VoidHawk

boymonkey74
Maybe they stopped and looked because some weirdo was staring at them...
Sorry screams BS to me, you may believe it but If you do you need help.
If by the smallest amount that you are the one person on the planet who can do this you are interfering with peoples minds and should stop...It is like rape.

Hi boymonkey
I'm not sure that a person could actually control another, but I do suspect we can influence others thoughts. I only became aware of this recently.
I was sitting on the floor at my friends house with his 5 year old child. We had a small chalk board in front of us and I was playing a little spelling game with him. I'd start to write a word and he had to tell me what the word was before I finished writing it.
He was very good at it so I started writing only part of each letter, and he was still very good at it. We were both enjoying each others company and laughing because he was getting faster and faster and eventually he was guessing the words even though I'd only written one letter!
Up to this point I had been looking around the room for items to spell, and I wondered if he'd realized this so I decided I was going to spell the word Car. As soon as I touched the board he yelled Car and we both fell about laughing. I was amazed and i went and got his father to come and watch, but the moment was gone, and he couldn't do it any more.
I've never been a believer in this kind of thing, but having witnessed it for myself I can no longer remain closed minded to it.
I think if the conditions exist then something is able to pass from one person to another. On that day we were both laughing, and when we laugh there's not a lot of thought taking place in our minds, so maybe, when our minds are in that condition we can receive/transmit?

Thank you for sharing this! That's a great example and a pleasant one at that which makes me super happy to know.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by VoidHawk

Its called perception...some have better perception than others and seeing it was your sibling, well you can perceive them better.
If the OP wants me to believe he is some sort of Professor x he needs better proof than his say so.

One time I had a dream and the name lancaster stuck with me.

The next day I voice searched in my phone my girl friends name, and the result was "Lancaster."

Later that day I spoke to my friend, and he said the exact same thing happened to him. He voice searched my name and the result was "Jesus."

No, I'm not Jesus, in case anyone thinks I'm implying that

I know you're not going to believe what I have put forth here in the OP, but what I just said above was a true occurrence and a very strange one at that.

I'd rather not fight or argue with you mate, I respect your disposition and thinking. After all it's important to have a diversity of opinion, imho.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

BardingTheBard

boymonkey74
If by the smallest amount that you are the one person on the planet who can do this you are interfering with peoples minds and should stop...It is like rape.

We are all interfering with each other's minds. Some people get paid to do it and it's called marketing.

That's the entire point of why life here right now is so challenging. Every single one of us is under constant emotional and mental rape of a sort.

Pretending guns don't exist doesn't protect someone from guns. Knowing guns exist allows them to make plans accordingly.

Same goes with if this is something that is true. Shooting the messenger, when there would clearly be many more who AREN'T telling... is just foolish. If what the OP describes does turn out to be true... telling them to stop just makes it easier for those who won't say it out loud to continue to rape your mind while you walk around thinking you're thinking your own thoughts.

Ever wonder why "I didn't want to... but I did that thing anyway" happens? Ever wonder if it might be convenient to convince a population that "you're just too weak willed" rather than "you're being BOMBARDED without fully comprehending or noticing it".

If someone can be convinced that every time a fist hits their face it's them punching themselves... then people can punch them with impunity and they'll spend their time confused as to why they keep hitting themselves.

Those who keep forcing the conversation to conform to the version we're all used to are making it so those who know there is more to it and refuse to admit it are able to use that knowledge with impunity and no threat of people defending themselves.

boymonkey74
If the OP wants me to believe he is some sort of Professor x he needs better proof than his say so.

New York City can't truly be proven to exist unless you visit it yourself.

Have you tried? If not, then why tell the Wright Brothers they are fooling themselves?

People were able to fly for hundreds of thousands of years before they actually did it. Not because all the fundamentals that would allow it weren't always there... but because they were convinced they couldn't and didn't know of any way to make it possible. Only speculations and half successful attempts resulting in crashed planes. But now we're all flying around the world.

Whatever this would be... would have a natural explanation. Flying was a "mystical" possibility before the natural mechanisms were understood. There is no reason to assume ahead of time that something is impossible.
edit on 8-12-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

Well said, I think you brought up a lot of very good points. Ultimately the point is, for me at least, is if this phenomenon is real, we need to make sure people aren't being manipulated for agendas or harmed. It's a really tightrope kind of situation though because how would you define these parameters?

Personally, if there is truth to this, who's to say there aren't individuals out there who use this ability to consciously manipulate and control, let alone subconsciously? Scary thought, I know, but I'd be damned if I didn't try and do something about in this life time.
edit on 8-12-2013 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Providence1

Thank you for such a lovely reply. I wish I could give you a clever explanation, but I just can't. I think both Barding the Bard and VoidHawk have highlighted a crucial point, in that it seems to have something to do with raw, real emotion.
I wouldn't dream of asking you to describe that period of your life, in fact I would probably urge you not to. I do wonder though if you were somehow more aware - present if you like- during that time.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I have always been interested in this subject.

When my kids were little and we were in the middle of building our house, our outside kitchen had no heat so if it was just too cold to cook or I was running late on stuff after work I'd plan to take them out to eat.

On occasions like this where I already had one child with me and still had to pick the other up from daycare or school I'd ask whomever was with me to decide where he wanted to eat and continually send the thought to his brother during our short drive. On picking up the last child I'd casually ask what he felt like eating and about 80% percent of the time he would suggest the previously agreed upon restaurant.

What was super interesting was that before I picked up the first kid I had started the process with him and got similar results but never as accurate. I have no explanation for it and it was always done as a fun game, but nevertheless worked.
edit on 8-12-2013 by igloo because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2013 by igloo because: wrong word order

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

beansidhe

Thank you for such a lovely reply. I wish I could give you a clever explanation, but I just can't. I think both Barding the Bard and VoidHawk have highlighted a crucial point, in that it seems to have something to do with raw, real emotion.
I wouldn't dream of asking you to describe that period of your life, in fact I would probably urge you not to. I do wonder though if you were somehow more aware - present if you like- during that time.

I appreciate that.

To be honest, it all started with the death of a very close friend of mine. At times, I wasn't technically "present" at all.

For example, one time I was watching TV, it was not live it was an episode recorded months prior. I remember thinking in this "way" and intently looking at the actress while thinking. Suddenly she blurted almost exactly what I was thinking about, which was odd because what I was thinking about, and what she said, were totally out of context for the previous dialogue in the episode. The actress also seemed a bit flustered when she said it.

So I have no real idea of wth that's all about, but if it had anything to do with me, it would imply that this thought projection or whatever it may be, may allow someone's mind to...go back in time.

In that moment I wasn't present at all, I was in the past. Then again, they do say there is no real "future" or "past" and that everything is NOW.
edit on 8-12-2013 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Very interesting thread. I am certain our minds are capable of doing things most think would be impossible. It is fact that our thoughts influence much of what goes on around us and even what we bring to ourselves. Just as was mentioned negative thoughts can cause so many problems health wise, positive thoughts can also do wonders as well. Even before all the Law of Attraction and The Secret stuff, we have always had the ability to draw things and people into our lives just as we can repel things from our lives by thinking negatively.

I also agree that the harder you try to do something like this, the less likely you are to achieve it. And I do believe that it will work, depending on how "open" another is to receive thoughts. A few of the examples already posted involved children, who are much more open-minded that adults, who are usually bogged down with too many thoughts and worries about life to be open to receive thoughts from another, so it definitely makes sense it is easier to mentally communicate with a child than an adult.

But, to use such is thing to mess with someone's free will would be wrong, especially if you were to use it for personal gain or to harm someone.

Yes, marketing and mass media are all about this. Also politicians use mind control as well. They make speeches with certain tones and inflections and use certain key words, all done by someone who is expert at it. Ads and commercials do the same thing. I am convinced that there is much more known about how to push thoughts onto others than is actually talked about. Because if the general public were truly aware of it, they would go nuts, but then again, most are zombies.

Thanks for starting this thread.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I know it is possible, I just don't know of the possibilities. It comes natural to highly empathetic people, who tend to have connections to emotional arts. I know for sure that its not a result of direct conscious awareness. It seems to be a method involving the communication of an individuals conscious and unconscious, with others communication between their own self. I'm have doubts, that just being consciously aware of this effect, has any greater effect. Being aware of it just increases the awareness of something we cant be aware of. I struggle with trying to make any expanses of any benefit from this awareness. I have been trying to build a better communication method for my unspoken side, due to the awareness I have, of the unconscious bending reality for one purpose or another. Its funny how, one part of ourselves, that we cant touch, can change the tangible. While the tangible side can sometimes become aware unconsciously and change the intangible. All while amongst billions of others, that sleep, feel, love and hate.
I have zero answers more than most, I just tend to ask more questions than the usual. My gut tells me, this is a place for people like me. No answers, just maybe a new way to ask a question.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Yes OP I have done this as well. I used to practice often as a teen.

I could site examples. But what good will that do?

If you naysayers want to know if you can do it? Then try it.

But don't expect to walk onto the golf course and hit a hole-in-one on your first swing(perhaps you will not even hit the ball on your first swing) . Give it a little time....I am pretty sure that we can all do this.

But understand too..it is like a breeze...it will not turn a car over but you will see the leaves move.

Peace

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I think it is absolutely possible that our minds can communicate. It would explain the feeling you get when you can "feel" somebody staring at you. How else could that sense be possible if not ?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

One was so obvious it was almost frightening. I was in my car, thinking in this "way." A woman was walking in front of my car on the sidewalk. Suddenly, she stopped, turned around, looked straight at me, and with an angry look said "It's YOU mother#er."

Do you have a thing for grannies?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This happens to me all the time lol. Its not dangerous its pretty cool actually, ever since i opened my third eye and started meditating it occurs alot. on a daily basis il be thinking of saying something then someone says exactly what i want to say, or im directing my thoughts toward someone and they just look at me wierd.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I think I know what you are talking about, I'd let it rest. It's mind control, which in my opinion robs a person momentarily of their free will.

When I was a teenager, around 18 years old, I was experimenting with my "talents" and I noticed that one of them was to make people do things, if I focused really hard on it.

(No secret here, my technique was to focus on the person and to repeat in my mind like a mantra what I wanted them to do, and visualize them doing it, and connecting with their energy to be able to influence them. )

I only practiced this with strangers on the subway or the bus. I would do two things. Either make the person offer me their seat (even if they were older than me), or make them stand up, and last minute get off at the next stop.
Once I even did it to one of my teachers who was taking the same bus, just to see if it also worked with people I cared about.
( I also used to make strangers offer me gum, and other little sweets.)

The next day when I asked that teacher about it she told me about how she had the strangest feeling, that she simply "had" to get off at that stop, when she didn't even live there, and didn't know why she did that.

That's when I realized it was time to let this be. I understood right then, that to play with other people's minds is not right. I felt terribly bad, as if I had been breaking some unwritten rule.

I know that mind control is real- I was using some very basic level of it-, and think it could be used as a weapon, it's not something to play around with.

I felt so awful when I had that light bulb moment, and it dawned on me that our souls were given free will for a reason.

Now in my thirties, older and wiser, I have focused my talents on other, more helpful things instead.

Just my two cents.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I have experienced similar instances the one that stands out for me happened a few years ago..

I somehow knew the phone(Landline) was going to ring about 10 seconds before it started. I instantly freak out and then i try to think of explanations.

i came up with a few ideas...

my favorite of which is that a part of our consciousness exists outside of time and that these kind of psychic happenings are a result of a bleed through from that part of us....

it also fits with theory presented here about laughter because i remember i was watching a comedy at the time.

interesting thread S+F

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

Hi Ph03n1x
It was my post that mentioned the laughter you refer to.
You just said you "knew the phone was going to ring"
I do that quite often (mobile), and with texts too. I'll suddenly look at my phone and a few seconds later it starts to ring or a text comes in. I've mentioned this to other people and some of them have said they have noticed the same thing. I suspect this is happening much more often than people realise, but because we've been conditioned to shrug off such events as fantasy people just ignore it.

You suggested in your post that "consciousness exists outside of time". Have you looked at any of the (serious) research concerning NDE's ? One of their theories is that on a quantum level part of our consciousness exists outside of our physical body. I suspect that could also mean outside of time!

Crazey, but interesting stuff

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Ahh. The power of suggestion, manipulation, deceit, lies, blackmail and even bribery. Unfortunately words may only stay nothing more than words unless there is enough motivation from both standpoints to turn these words into action.

Too bad we all can't jedi mind trick people.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Recently listened to an Uri Geller interview where he told of the time had been hired to psychicly persuade some russian diplomat to sign a certain document. He got real close to the guy and thought "SIGN! SIGN! SIGN! SIGN! SIGN!" over and over in his head.

It's focused attention. You can use words to achieve it, your eyes, or focus it on some internal construct.

I once made a cop who was specifically looking for unbuckled seat belts walk right by me without even noticing I didn't have mine on. Did it by staring intently dead ahead, think I created some sort of blind spot where my belt was.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This is for the OP
You mentioned being able to think of a word, and someone close by to you then mentions the word... Well, I have a different way of looking at it, that still coincides with human connection that you spoke of.
What if it wasn't you who made the other person say the word, but the word popped into your head because that person was thinking it?
I'll give an example. Everybody has had that moment when we think of somebody, and then out of the blue they call that same day. I know I am not the only one there, and there are other examples we could use here. What if the reason we think of them, is because they are thinking of us? we just pick up on it.
I have had it happen where I think of an old friend, and happen to bump into them somewhere where we shouldn't have seen each other, or how do I say this, a neutral place, where neither one of us was thinking of finding the other. Yet, I still had the thought out of the blue about them.
So, this then adds in, not only a connection, but a future crossing element. I don't know what it is, but its something.

Check out Dr Rupert Sheldrake, who does experiments about the sensation of being looked at. Awesome stuff.
Also, check out Terrance McKenna, there are millions of video's of him on the internet. The best place to find his talks are on the psychedelic salon podcast. He often talks about strange occurrences that happened to him, that he swore was magic, until he tried showing someone else, and the experience wouldn't happen again.

and for you skeptics, you strange breed. Here is a test that you can try yourselves.
Next time you are in a crowd, find someone to look at who can't see you. Block yourself, hide behind something, do your best to keep it honest, and scientific if that is what you need. then, clear your mind. Don't think. just study the person. This is important. Only look. take your time. If done right, the person should turn around and look directly into your eyes. It will work. Now, since your mind is clear, you will feel a moment when an uncomfortable feeling will form in your mind. This moment is the connecting point. This always happens right before they look. It is a internal line of site test, I call it.
Before you call me a #, try it out.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

didn't "the mule" push minds in issac's foundation trilogy?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

There are lots of ways to "push" another's mind and influence behaviour. Most involve "suggestibility," not telepathy. (Note: suggestions aren't always verbal.) For the record, I do believe in all sorts of communication 'mediums' including telepathy but would be hard-pressed to describe the difference (for example) between a prey's 'instinctive' awareness of a nearby predator and your example of the woman's reaction to you 'thinking' in your car. Thing is, I do not think that's telepathy - but rather, a different kind of awareness.

edit on 10/12/13 by soficrow because: to add last sentnce

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join