It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ability to Push a Mind

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
We are all aware of the ability to coerce or convince someone with words or physical force. This is a well known aspect of our experience as human beings.

However, the power of thought and intention goes mostly unnoticed and unquestioned.

I poured a whole hell of a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into understanding possible effects of the mind and thought/emotion upon our environment. To be precise, the effect upon other people and their actions (calculating that if any effect could be observed, it would most likely be in others, as they have brains that are mostly formatted and structured the same way as mine, thus making it an easier bridge or transmission).

With that said, have any of you seen the movie Push? In the movie, there are people with unique abilities like telekinesis and remote viewing. One of the abilities, is the ability to Push. What it means to push, is essentially plug ideas or thoughts into another person's mind. It goes as far as full mind control.

So what you might ask? Sounds like a bunch of fiction, right?

Well, I wish that were the case at this point in my discoveries.

I don't want to go into too much detail, believe me I could easily give close to 100 solid examples if not more, and if I remembered every instance, it would be in the thousands of observations at this point. It is beyond a shadow of a doubt in my mind that our minds communicate telepathically, albeit to a lesser extent...unless of course you discover the "way of thinking" that is the method of projecting thoughts or feelings unto others.

It is a very touchy and dangerous subject.

Examples include thinking a word and someone near by saying that same word within a few seconds, and it is not a word that is commonly said (have to account for probabilities, as any good observer does). I'm talking a word that would be highly improbable to hear within a few seconds of thinking about it.

There's more to it, including countless observations of me "projecting" my thoughts, and people literally stopping dead in their tracks, turning around, and staring straight at me.

One was so obvious it was almost frightening. I was in my car, thinking in this "way." A woman was walking in front of my car on the sidewalk. Suddenly, she stopped, turned around, looked straight at me, and with an angry look said "It's YOU mother#er."

edit on 8-12-2013 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Maybe they stopped and looked because some weirdo was staring at them...
Sorry screams BS to me, you may believe it but If you do you need help.
If by the smallest amount that you are the one person on the planet who can do this you are interfering with peoples minds and should stop...It is like rape.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

boymonkey74
If by the smallest amount that you are the one person on the planet who can do this you are interfering with peoples minds and should stop...It is like rape.

Hi boymonkey
I'm not sure that a person could actually control another, but I do suspect we can influence others thoughts. I only became aware of this recently.
I was sitting on the floor at my friends house with his 5 year old child. We had a small chalk board in front of us and I was playing a little spelling game with him. I'd start to write a word and he had to tell me what the word was before I finished writing it.
He was very good at it so I started writing only part of each letter, and he was still very good at it. We were both enjoying each others company and laughing because he was getting faster and faster and eventually he was guessing the words even though I'd only written one letter!
Up to this point I had been looking around the room for items to spell, and I wondered if he'd realized this so I decided I was going to spell the word Car. As soon as I touched the board he yelled Car and we both fell about laughing. I was amazed and i went and got his father to come and watch, but the moment was gone, and he couldn't do it any more.
I've never been a believer in this kind of thing, but having witnessed it for myself I can no longer remain closed minded to it.
I think if the conditions exist then something is able to pass from one person to another. On that day we were both laughing, and when we laugh there's not a lot of thought taking place in our minds, so maybe, when our minds are in that condition we can receive/transmit?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Providence1

I communicate this because it caught me off guard.

I have a step brother and we're relatively distant. He's really struggled through life and I can honestly say I don't think the family makes it much easier for him to pull out of the spiral he's in.

We were at a family event and I was looking across the table at him and could feel the weight of his struggle from his body and face alone, but also a little as if it were my own. I hadn't successfully done anything as clearly "visual" as this before... but I sat there and held thought and emotion as truthfully as I could of "Thank you for carrying this burden that nobody else understands" and then visualized it being sent "through" a connection into whatever might connect all of us and then back down to him.

Within seconds his entire body language was changing and neither of us were part of or relevant to the discussion. He was more relaxed etc. I thought "huh" but didn't give it too much credibility. As far as I know he has no idea I was even paying attention to him.

Later that night he came over and out of the blue said "You're a good man." That was all, I hadn't been doing or saying anything, hadn't said anything about him openly, etc. He and I never exchange commentary like that. We're civil, sometimes even pleasant, but never actually reaching out to each other emotionally. I could feel the "ball of intention" coming back full circle quite literally.

I haven't been able to do it again with the same level of "beginner's luck" purity of intention and non-judgement/expectation I did that time... but I haven't spent a lot of time deliberately trying to that intensive a degree as I've already ventured into uneasy territory of my mind/being without any sort of roadmap or wisdom except what's gleaned from other's best attempts to describe.

The sensation was similar to learning a new technique in some skill where the instructor will say "You'll know it when you get the movements right" and that's what it felt like. Like practicing hitting baseballs and suddenly hitting a homerun and being able to tell how the swing just felt "true".

Anyways, that's my story!

I'm always sending thoughts out and have consistently been building up personal evidence that there is something to the concept. I'd say most of my commentary is non-verbal. However that's the only time where I felt I could "sense" the delivery... with the reply being quite overt.
edit on 8-12-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

boymonkey74

Saying someone needs help for thinking this is pretty damn rude.
Thoughts projected at water have a verifiable effect, that leaves us just wondering what effect they can have on others and also ourselves.
Its well known that harbouring hateful thoughts can adversely affect our own health.
Stress, a state of mind can affect our health very badly, and dont tell me you have never felt a negative vibe from someone before.
Maybe you should contact Michael Aquino and tell him about his Mindwar plans. That he needs help.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Its called perception...some have better perception than others and seeing it was your sibling, well you can perceive them better.
If the OP wants me to believe he is some sort of Professor x he needs better proof than his say so.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

boymonkey74

We are all interfering with each other's minds. Some people get paid to do it and it's called marketing.

That's the entire point of why life here right now is so challenging. Every single one of us is under constant emotional and mental rape of a sort.

Pretending guns don't exist doesn't protect someone from guns. Knowing guns exist allows them to make plans accordingly.

Same goes with if this is something that is true. Shooting the messenger, when there would clearly be many more who AREN'T telling... is just foolish. If what the OP describes does turn out to be true... telling them to stop just makes it easier for those who won't say it out loud to continue to rape your mind while you walk around thinking you're thinking your own thoughts.

Ever wonder why "I didn't want to... but I did that thing anyway" happens? Ever wonder if it might be convenient to convince a population that "you're just too weak willed" rather than "you're being BOMBARDED without fully comprehending or noticing it".

If someone can be convinced that every time a fist hits their face it's them punching themselves... then people can punch them with impunity and they'll spend their time confused as to why they keep hitting themselves.

Those who keep forcing the conversation to conform to the version we're all used to are making it so those who know there is more to it and refuse to admit it are able to use that knowledge with impunity and no threat of people defending themselves.

boymonkey74
If the OP wants me to believe he is some sort of Professor x he needs better proof than his say so.

New York City can't truly be proven to exist unless you visit it yourself.

Have you tried? If not, then why tell the Wright Brothers they are fooling themselves?

People were able to fly for hundreds of thousands of years before they actually did it. Not because all the fundamentals that would allow it weren't always there... but because they were convinced they couldn't and didn't know of any way to make it possible. Only speculations and half successful attempts resulting in crashed planes. But now we're all flying around the world.

Whatever this would be... would have a natural explanation. Flying was a "mystical" possibility before the natural mechanisms were understood. There is no reason to assume ahead of time that something is impossible.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BardingTheBard

I agree but I do not agree with the OP claim that he can stop people in their tracks with the power of his mind....you are talking about a different subject.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

boymonkey74

Its called perception...some have better perception than others and seeing it was your sibling, well you can perceive them better.

Dude has someone shoved a banana in the wrong end? Your not normaly so .., rude. And read the posts properly, it wasnt MY sibbling!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

boymonkey74
I agree but I do not agree with the OP claim that he can stop people in their tracks with the power of his mind....you are talking about a different subject.

I'm talking about the same subject... but expanded it to the versions that are also visible.

I don't *know* people can't stop other people in their tracks, and neither do you. Since I've had my own experience with the sensations of successful "pushes", with the one I listed earlier being the most vivid, my scientific mind has to conclude that the question is open.

Do you honestly not realize you're taking the same stance as the Church did toward Galileo? Telling someone that something they've experienced isn't true without having looked through the telescope yourself is... a curious form of skepticism.

Am I safe in my assumption that you haven't put any serious effort into testing this concept for yourself and are waiting for mainstream science to confirm it for you if it were to be true?

The start of Red Dead Redemption has a sequence with a father laughing at his daughter for being foolish for thinking "men can fly"... *after* men had already flown elsewhere. Skip to about 3 minutes in.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I know what you are saying and i think it happened to all of us. Some of the events may be explained by coincidence, common sugestions, other things than thought projection distracting the subject and making it look your way... but there is a fraction of these events that live you in doubt and saying "maybe there is something else".

I tried to determine small actions in people but i never succeded. I tried to put words in their mouths and i failed. What i coud do a few times is making them turn their heads and look straight at me. This is for sure.

I guess i dont have special powers

edit on 8-12-2013 by xxerse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Sorry If Iam coming off as rude but there is a difference between perception between people and the ability to stop people in their tracks with the power of your mind.
ok Iam out enjoy all.
Oh and I do consider it mind rape, If the thread was about government agents being trained to control people with the power of their minds there would be an uproar.
I just hope the OP is a decent person and doesn't stop people infront of incoming traffic.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

boymonkey74
Sorry If Iam coming off as rude but there is a difference between perception between people and the ability to stop people in their tracks with the power of your mind.
ok Iam out enjoy all.
Oh and I do consider it mind rape, If the thread was about government agents being trained to control people with the power of their minds there would be an uproar.
I just hope the OP is a decent person and doesn't stop people infront of incoming traffic.

You are correct regarding the uproar.

But until people verify for themselves, it's possible for those agents to use it with impunity if it's true.

In particular consider this. What would ACTUALLY be proof for you? You wouldn't be convinced by a video or a demonstration from people you don't know... because it's too easy to fake.

This is one of those things that only you can verify for yourself. Just like you can't take a description from someone of what chocolate tastes like... you have to taste it for yourself to prove it.

Nobody will ever prove something like this to you until either you do it first or someone does it to you and tells you about it.

If everyone knew it was possible... everyone would be raised from birth on how to protect themselves and only allow in the influences they consent to. Or at least they would have a chance to try. Identical to sexual and physical assault.

Without that education everyone is mentally laying there just "waiting for it".

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

BardingTheBard

boymonkey74
ok Iam out enjoy all.

You are correct.

But until people verify for themselves it's possible... those agents can use it with impunity if it's true.

In particular consider this. What would ACTUALLY be proof for you? You wouldn't be convinced by a video or a demonstration from people you don't know... because it's too easy to fake.

This is one of those things that only you can verify for yourself. Just like you can't take a description from someone of what chocolate tastes like... you have to taste it for yourself to prove it.

Nobody will ever prove something like this to you until either you do it first or someone does it to you and tells you about it.

Im really impressed by this post.

I would doubt the existence of ghosts had I not experienced it for myself.
I would also doubt the existence of UFO's(and did for years) had I not seen for myself.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Hi VoidHawk. I have to say I agree with your thinking. I have noticed this phenomenon many times, particularly when I'm with clients (I'm a psychotherapist). In therapy it is known as congruence i.e. saying and thinking exactly what you feel, and specifically being heard as doing that.
It can be a really powerful and weird feeling! I have had numerous clients look at me, before I have spoken, and say 'I can't say that to him!' or something similar. I think you're right when you attribute your experience to the fact that you were both laughing, being genuine with each other, and somehow in tune with each other's thinking. For me, it seems to be a very temporary situation, and impossible to replicate if I try.

S&F for you, Providence.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Good post OP, I think when people are truly not paying attention to the world around them they will chalk most of this up to coincidence. It is not until you start to take notice of these instances that you realize there is definitely something going on.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

beansidhe

I think you're right when you attribute your experience to the fact that you were both laughing, being genuine with each other, and somehow in tune with each other's thinking. For me, it seems to be a very temporary situation, and impossible to replicate if I try.
You nailed it, said it better than I could.
Its not the first time I've noticed it, but its like you say, temporary.
I read a book many years ago, Carlos Casteneda..I think. In it he describes being able to switch off the jailer in our mind, and I think that's what happens when we laugh, there's not much thought going on and our mind seems to be able to do things that otherwise are out of our reach.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

boymonkey74

That was honestly one of the most offensive things anyone has ever said to me. Do you have any sense of humility?

First you call me a weirdo, and assume I was staring at her...assumption #1.

Then you say it's bull# and suggest that I need help simply for observations of something I think is most likely true.

Then you go on to say that if it is real, then I must be the only person who can observe or "do" this, and you assume that it is easily controllable and that I am "raping" people's minds intentionally.

Your audacity almost matches your ignorance.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Watcher777

Good post OP, I think when people are truly not paying attention to the world around them they will chalk most of this up to coincidence. It is not until you start to take notice of these instances that you realize there is definitely something going on.

Absolutely. Carl Jung believed to a significant degree these things about the collective unconscious and synchronicity.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

beansidhe

Hi VoidHawk. I have to say I agree with your thinking. I have noticed this phenomenon many times, particularly when I'm with clients (I'm a psychotherapist). In therapy it is known as congruence i.e. saying and thinking exactly what you feel, and specifically being heard as doing that.
It can be a really powerful and weird feeling! I have had numerous clients look at me, before I have spoken, and say 'I can't say that to him!' or something similar. I think you're right when you attribute your experience to the fact that you were both laughing, being genuine with each other, and somehow in tune with each other's thinking. For me, it seems to be a very temporary situation, and impossible to replicate if I try.

S&F for you, Providence.

Thank you for sharing this, your knowledge and expertise along with your open minded nature to this subject are invaluable.

At one point, the replication of these instances became almost uncontrollable. It would happen constantly, it was actually extremely uncomfortable, to say the least.

Only since the end of 2012 have I began to be able to literally switch "it" off if it crops up. I determined that if there is any truth to this, that with my awareness I need to be as responsible about it as humanly possible.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join