It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor animals

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

we have a product called quorn in the u.k i call it kid on chicken/or mince and i have made currys with the chicken and mince that friends who are chefs did not know it was real meat that they were eating loved the look on their faces when i told them that one and all vegy sausages do not taste like cardboard i have tasted some beautys over the years

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by datasdream

Im going to buy a cow or goat, tell it Im sorry and try to slit its throat. If I cant do it and I dont think Ill be able to, it means Im a hypocrite and I will turn veggie. If I do go through with it Ill eat it out of respect and hopefully be so traumatised by the experience that I turn veggie.

IKnowStuff that would be a very bad idea. If you waiver you'll botch the job and cause unnecessary trauma to the animal as well as yourself. There's no reason to perform such over-the-top heroics just to prove to yourself you can do it. I've done it many times for various reasons on animals and it isn't a pleasant experience at all.

Back when there were no alternatives this was the common way for butchers to kill animals and still continues to this day but it takes a steady hand to do it right for the animal's sake if nothing else. It's far more simpler, faster and more efficient to take a .22 or .22 WMR to the back of the head and pop it that way. (For a cow, however, I'd use a .38 but you're going to have a heckuva time skinning it!) The lights just go out for the animal and dealing with the blood is more efficient as you "process" the animal.

However, I think I see you're in Australia so coming up with the necessary firearm may be somewhat difficult ...?
edit on 12-12-2013 by Ollie769 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ollie769

Sorry I didnt mean I was going to do it at home, it would be done at a farm with the farmer/butcher beside me and its definitely not heroics, its about facing reality.
Every time I eat a steak or a roast someone has to do it on my behalf and thats a cop out.

I wouldnt worry, there is no way I will be able to look into the animals eyes and actually go through with it but thats kinda the point

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

LOL

My sister does that

Shes a hardcore militant vegan, it was her who sent me the ink to Earthlings.
She invites friends over for dinner and makes spaghetti bolognaise and then something veggie for herself, everyone thinks shes great for cooking them meat while being vego then when everyone is finished she starts eating the spagheti and tells them all its tofu Hahaha

Well played

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Those who kill and hurt animals for their pleasure are lower on the evolutionary scale than a virus and thus should be expunged from this planet.

Gaza 'cattle torture' prompts calls to ban live animal exports

Inside Korean Puppy Farms

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Whatever you do. Don't name the animal. If you name it and humanize it you won't be able to harvest it.
Do you catch and clean your own fish? That would be a good way to learn how handle it.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Okay, if all the vegetarians are all high and mighty, name me a food that was not alive before you ate it? And no, its cooked and long dead before I swallowed it does not count.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by datasdream

I dont eat fish so luckily Ive never had to deal with that conundrum LOL

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Risktakr

Jainists only eat food that has fallen from trees aand will not pick it from any living thing (plants included)

I appreciate you dont mean what your saying and are just arguing for arguments sake but there is a massive difference between eating plants compared to animals and if you had bothered to read most replies its not the eating meat thats the problem its the torture of animals before it gets to your plate that the issue

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

If it fell from a tree then it was alive before wasn't it. There is nothing that you put in your mouth that was not alive before. Nothing. Just because you did not kill it does not exempt you from the rest of us.
edit on 12-12-2013 by Risktakr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

You don't think that eating plants is not torturous. Just because it cannot cry out in pain does not mean its not alive. So what having blood is your criteria of alive, how about a brain. What defines alive to you.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Oh, *whew* that's a relief! Especially if you did it with a cow - geeze what a mess that would be!

To the rest of the contributors to this thread I have to say as a carnivore, hunter, and rancher that supports this whole meat-eating culture please go back and at least read my last post on the previous page. There's a lot going on with the person that looks back at you in the mirror that you can't escape as time goes on and age sets in. Regardless of how many pictures of stupid people behaving badly with animals you post one has to come to grips with the fact that you are projecting a lot of preconceived notions onto that glass we see the world through. I firmly believe that the animals I've dispatched over the years, on their own levels, are, indeed sentient to some degree. They have the same five senses we do and are able to do a surprising range of ascertaining how to work through simple problems but I've never seen one sit back and try to organize a takeover of the ranch a la "Animal Farm" or seen a game animal start hunting the hunter unless it's a predator itself. Revenge is not a normal thing for game animals unless cornered or to protect their young.

With very few exceptions not one animal that exists on Earth expects anything other than to eat, be eaten or breed. Crows, great apes and others form very interesting interactive groups but when you have a life span that doesn't go beyond a decade in general everything is done for the moment. Everything you encounter is put to a few very simple tests - "Can I eat it? Can it eat me? Can I screw it (if it's a male)?" or, in the case of a lot of the nanny goats on our place "where can I go today to NOT get screwed??"

I can tell you a few stories about the goats we raise but for brevity's sake let's just say that everyone that I've encountered that has a problem with meat has quite a few other emotional problems going on in various amounts and levels. I know, it sounds gauche as can be to say that but, in my half century plus of stomping around on this planet every anti-hunter, anti-carnivore, P.E.T.A. supporting activist in some way or another can not deal with the way the world is and wants to change it to their way of thinking. The dangerous ones actually think they can. For the most part this is a direct result of the insulated life we lead in the concrete cocoons we have built for ourselves to hide and multiply beyond all reason in. It's no different from the imaginary world the machine in "The Matrix" created to grow people for power. I'd say get up and get the hell out of your cities but there's so many of you it's totally impossible. Humanity has outgrown it's pasture and things will probably get ugly in the near future, I'm afraid.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Not directed to Iknowstuff.. but that question is for everyone else.. unless you survive eating dirt and sunlight then your just like one of us meat eaters. Plant eaters just choose to eat something else, there is no problem with that. But don't think that your not eating living things. You are. If you are alive you need to eat, its what keeps you alive.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Risktakr

If it fell from a tree then it was alive before wasn't it. There is nothing that you put in your mouth that was not alive before. Nothing. Just because you did not kill it does not exempt you from the rest of us.
edit on 12-12-2013 by Risktakr because: (no reason given)

LOL

As Ive said many times in this and other threads I am the biggest carnivore I know.
Obviously it was once alive or else we wouldnt be able to eat it but Jainists eating fruit and veg from the ground is more like making love than murder. The tree makes that fruit specifically to be eaten so its seed gets spread. They dont "kill" the fruit technically it was dead when it hit the ground.

I can somewhat see your argument but it doesnt change the fact its stupid and ignorant

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Its nice to know that my argument is ignorant but you still cannot answer the question. Didn't you learn anything in Biology about living things.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Living thing

Definition

noun

Any organism or a living form that possesses or shows the characteristics of life or being alive

Supplement

Living things are those that display the following characteristics
•an organized structure, being made up of a cell or cells
•requires energy to survive or sustain existence
•ability to reproduce
•ability to grow
•ability to metabolize
•ability to respond to stimuli
•ability to adapt to the environment
•ability to move
•ability to respire

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Please, go cry a river to a real conservationist and they'll tell you that the seasonal hunting of deer (and other related species) are necessary to protect the balance of an ecosystem. Same applies to game fishing. There are rules. It's not like hunters just run off into the woods blasting animals and scream 'ye-haw!' The hunting is all for population control and costs of licenses every year is for revenue generation for the parks department. If you don't believe me, take a night time drive through South Texas and tell me how long you drive before your car is totaled by one of them running across the road, then call up a Game Warden to get your blue form (so the state pays your insurance deductible), and the Game Warden will ask you if you want to keep the deer for it's meat...otherwise he/she usually will.

Not only that but the majority of animals hunted are used for their meat and that meat can last a long time if it's a large animal.

That being said, if you have a problem with the mass slaughter of animals for the gains of corporate greed whilst poisoning a nation, I suggest you find your local meat share and farmers market and get yourself a weekly delivery of fresh veggies and meat products that are raised, fed, and slaughtered humanly and with respect.

No quit complaining and make a change for yourself.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Risktakr

Eating something that died of natural causes is completely different to torturing an animal for 5 years to get a steak.

Please tell me your not so stupid as to actually believe eating fruit and veg even when picked from the plant is comparable to slaughtering animals??

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Risktakr

You don't think that eating plants is not torturous. Just because it cannot cry out in pain does not mean its not alive. So what having blood is your criteria of alive, how about a brain. What defines alive to you.

Plants need their fruit to be eaten for them to reproduce, you my friend are a troll or a moron.

Why do these threads attract so many idiots?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

In an odd way so do certain animals...
I know
but If we didn't eat chickens they wouldn't have the populace they have now. Same goes for pigs etc.

Stay safe dude and keep me updated

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join