It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is this!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Mods, not sure if this is in the right place, please move if need be.

Just came across this article which a few of my friends had posted on Facebook with the exact same thoughts as what i have after reading it.

This is absolute bulls**t!

The article tries to discredit the idea of Scotland becoming independent next year. But in order to do this, the writer has pretty much given the Scottish what seems to me like a big 'f**k you'.

I mean seriously:

Street “hooliganism,” government welfare and alcoholism define much of Scottish culture.

Without morality, many Scots tend to lack vision.

I am Scottish and lived there for 20 years up until a few years ago. To me this just seems like the definition of as bias report.

What do you guys think?

Linky

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

You do realise this is a joke?

Look at the title of the so called BBC Web Page.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

OCHAYETHENEWS.....
I spat my tea out.

Scotland will be going no where btw...until the referendum is counted and they stay with the UK, then we in England will have a referendum to throw them out (ingrates).

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

alldaylong
reply to post by iksose7

I guess the Scotts do not get satire. The original article comes from Hard Dawn a satire site that makes fun of Sara Palin types.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

Also, I love how the picture for 'Scotish' hooliganism is the English Defence League! For our cousins over the pond, they are a far right wing English political party, well known for violence against Muslims.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Im afraid that you will be waving good bye to us when we vote yes next year, just wait till your taxes rise hahahahaha

where do i sign up to be a border guard !!! rebuild hadrians wall, that'll work

Wee Mad Mental

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

iRoyalty
reply to post by iksose7

Also, I love how the picture for 'Scotish' hooliganism is the English Defence League! For our cousins over the pond, they are a far right wing English political party, well known for violence against Muslims.

When their was a rally in Dundee a wee while ago for the SDL, it was backed by EDL that had travelled to Scotland for a fight, didnt get far though!!

Wee Mad Mental

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

Nah not a chance, you have it better anyhow than us English and sorry the sums just do not add up for an independent Scotland, maybe for a generation but after that nope.
Anyhow we will just invade (again) and take it all back seeing you will have no real armed forces.
(I was talking to a group of Scottish soldiers in a pub the other week and everyone of them was voting to stay due to the fact they will be out of a job If they leave).
Also all the polls show you will stay...thing is should we let you

edit on 8-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

boymonkey74

OCHAYETHENEWS.....
I spat my tea out.

Scotland will be going no where btw...until the referendum is counted and they stay with the UK, then we in England will have a referendum to throw them out (ingrates).

ingrates? Scotland has been under the rule of England for way too long.

England -- definition of Possession of Stolen Property.

Every NICKEL that England has is Stolen wealth from hundreds of years of global plunder.

would LOVE to see England become Ethiopia, while the rest of the world cheers it on.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Nickle? I take it you are an American?
Ok hate us all you want but to want another country to fail this bad just tells me one thing you are jealous of our History/people and the fact we are GREAT BRITONS.

Oh and Scotland has it's own Parliament, they have power already and how many Scottish PM's have there been?
If the Scots do vote out good for them but we will continue being GREAT

Anyhow Iam out for now, no point discussing this til the date is closer.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Did not know there was a SDL!

Also, I actually support a Scottish Independence IF they remain in the UK, just with a separate PM... Obviously the UK would need to change up how it operates.. If they do leave the UK, what would happen to the Union Jack? The Scottish flag is a major part of it

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

HanzHenry

boymonkey74

OCHAYETHENEWS.....
I spat my tea out.

Every NICKEL that England has is Stolen wealth from hundreds of years of global plunder.

would LOVE to see England become Ethiopia, while the rest of the world cheers it on.

Maybe you should start nearer home and repay all that you have stolen from The Native American Indians.

I do love having a repost at hypocritical Americans

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

I thought it quite funny...and tongue in cheek...but there may be a few truths in there.

We also have the ability to laugh at ourselves.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This is a unbiased appraisal of our Scottish cousins I'm afraid. They can't tell the difference between a genuine website and a satirical one.

Let's be serious for a minute though and imagine they do vote for independence. They will be able to lower their taxes, still provide free prescriptions, free school lunches etc. Nothing will change.

Well, not immediately, but when it does they will be cursing their decision. Everything will be rosy for a few years, but all politicians will return to type and start governing for the corporations and the banking system. They see how it works it England and really that's all the SMP's want, to be in a position where they get a nice little kick back from the lobbyists. You can bet they already have their bank accounts enhanced by lobbyists funding, but if they had real independence, they would be an awful lot richer.

If voting for an independent Scotland really made a difference to the people, they wouldn't allow it.
edit on 8/12/13 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Terrorists would never take over Scotland, the Scots would kick their butts. They don't like anyone meddling in their affairs.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I was going to keep out of this.....the article linked to in the OP is obviously of a satirical nature and there are plenty of threads relating to the referendum on Scottish independence that will take place next year....but I really had to reply to your misinformed post.

Scotland has NEVER 'been under the rule of England' - they are a full and equal partner in The Union.
To suggest they are a subjugated and oppressed nation and people is both an insult and wrong.

From an American?
You do see the irony in that don't you?

People in glass houses?

If 'England' ever becomes Ethiopia then I dread to think what state the rest of the world will be in.

And if karma is indeed a bitch then I also dread to think what the future has in store for the USA.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

boymonkey74

Nickle? I take it you are an American?
Ok hate us all you want but to want another country to fail this bad just tells me one thing you are jealous of our History/people and the fact we are GREAT BRITONS.

Jealous? pfft. the people that BOW DOWN to a Crown? yeah right,

Had the English any fight in them, the crown would have been destroyed. But only those weak willed stayed in England past the 1800's.. those docile and not willing to finish the job..

That crown is the ROOT of ALL EVIL... not even FROM ENGLAND territory originally. The offspring of the Roman Empire rulers.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Nice to see Scotland's finally handling that pesky imperial invader problem...

Better late than never I suppose.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
it is fun to hear all the fear mongering on the streets we will need passports to cross the border

no bbc tv
the signal will stop
and has people never heard of voter fraud never going to happen

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

alldaylong
reply to post by iksose7

But this is how they shape peoples minds!!!
Whenever the people who saw that report/joke hear anything about Scots independence they'll automatically think of this, any serious thought is now out the window!
Thats the purpose of programs like - Have I got news for you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join