It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your New Years Resolutions???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Eryiedes

What does that do to your theory?

Absolutely nothing.

-Peace-

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
My Resolution would be to not make a resolution...I may have failed it before even starting

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
My new year resolutions?

Simple -

succeed in all the previous resolutions I took over the past few years and failed to accomplish.

Would be a good start

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I have a tradition of doing something a bit different then making resolutions - I write a note to people who have made an impact on me in the previous year. I wrote a thread about it a couple of years ago.

Thinking About New Year's Resolutions? Try This Instead.

I highly recommend y'all give it a try. Food for the soul and what not

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

boymonkey74
To get laid more

But, but, but....you swore off women!

I told my wife this was my resolution. She told me, "Good luck with that." WHen I replied with, "Ill let you know how it goes out there for me" she punched me. So now my resolution is to not get punched anymore, instead.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
They are silly...resolve EVERYDAY to change yourself....not a one-day promise that you'll most likely fail on keeping the other 364 days!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It seems that folks do not understand how to live mindfully. I hear a lot of self serving nonsense on ATS about how superior one is in the way they think. But I don't see the clues that would indicate that from many members.

When you live mindfully, you are aware of what you are doing. It is difficult and takes practice....but it allows one the freedom of accountability. You become your own master.

New Years Resolutions...they can be dreams that you pull outta your ass. Sure. But to a person who lives mindfully, they can be an annual plan for achievement. You set out a series of goals, like you would in business, and then create a plan to achieve those goals. Want to lose weight? Figure out how your body works best, then set a plan. Don't measure success as much as action, and refine the action based on the success. This keeps you engaged in the process without feeling defeated.

New Years Resolutions can be wasted on nonsense like "Im going to lose weight". Or they can be utilized by laying out your plan to lose weight, then tracking what you do and how effective it is.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'm not much one for resolutions but I guess I would have to say go back to school by fall of 2014 and lead my family better, and switching to more natural foods and such. Oh and a new car, definitely need a new car, but I guess that's not really a resolution.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I don't celebrate new years.

It is a worship to Janus.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
No resolutions here either.

All I want to see and give is more love.... Everyday...

I want people to stop bickering over beliefs and just accept and respect each other.

All we need is love...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
If you don't make any essencially subconciously you're saying "I don't like myself" and "I've already given up on myself" which is why Im not going to try anymore with any goals or dreams.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
to leave the whisky alone last time i drank a bottle i felt like hell for three days .

but i do not celebrate xmas or new year i like my peace and quiet and have done for over 25 years now and i normally do not think of january 1st as new year the people that raised me were orthadox and the 12th was seen as new year to them .

but i normally see how long i can go without a drink -done nine months but these days it is weeks

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MadHatter364

Thank you so much for the advice. I plan on doing that, but I'm sure I'll forget it half way through the year.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I never even thought about it but I am currently in the process of quitting smoking. So I guess that's it, quit smoking and get my life in order.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hm, glad I found this thread, I was about to make another Resolutions thread

For me, there is only one resolution worth my effort, since the stuff like eating better, weight loss, et al never pan out. And I'm calling on ATS to help me stick to it. Moral support & that jazz.

I'm quitting Facebook.

QUIT LAUGHING. I'm really doing it! I already let my friends list know, and after I'm done saying "Happy New Year's" umpteen times, it's getting axed the 1st.

I've arrived at a conscious point where I'm beyond done with Crackbook & it's BS, but you all need to help talk sense into me if I fall off the wagon

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
My New Year's resolution and aim is to volunteer much more than I am doing already.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
To stop killing...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

spartacus699
What are your New Years Resolutions???

I would like to start a successful business mainly and hopefully be able to do some traveling again.

I guess the other thing I should really do is start praying more. Some people believe that even if you do nothing toward achieving your goals, if you just pray and meditate on them they'll come true. Like the law of attraction.

edit on 8-12-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

I truthfully stopped making New Year 'resolutions' years ago. There is what you do and what you don't do. Every day.

My resolutions are more like mindful hopes and wishes - along the lines of the Law of Attraction you mentioned.
Of course there will always be some things we cannot do, some things and people that even the Law of Attraction won't bring to you, as perhaps none of it would be in the soul's best interest.

I desire the art of patience. Patience is so underrated! It can possibly mean the difference between receiving and not receiving. We do stupid things when we are impatient.

Having said all, it is not that I have no goals. As an individual, mine are perhaps much different than some, or many. If I could posses one thing in this new year however, it would be patience.

I want it, need it, give it to me!!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
My new years resolution is to make 10k per month so I can buy a house again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join