It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sour Grapes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Webster's:

sour grapes
pl.n.
Denial of the desirability of something after one has found out that it cannot be reached or acquired: The losers' scorn for the award is pure sour grapes.

Hi all! I've been a lurker here for a few months and decided to officially join in on the fun!

I'm excited to see that some of you are actually quite educated and offer intelligent discussions (and arguments) on this site. (Not that I fit this description ; - but I do enjoy learning from others who obviously do more homework on various subjects I know little about.)

My opinions may change often (sometimes in the same thread or on the same day), so please be easy on me. I'm not afraid to point out that my views tend to vary; especially after reading other opinions, or source documents. I believe in treating everyone with respect - unless, of course, I change my mind

I hope I'm able to give back at least a small percentage of what I gain from this site.

BTW, I'm female (been reading the "Gender Icon" thread - heck, I may even post my photo after Durden posts his!)

I'm looking forward to many happy (and not so happy) discussions with you all!

Your new friend,

SourGrapes

(Edit: okay, can't figure out the smiley's...ah well!)

[edit on 18-11-2004 by SourGrapes]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Welcome.

Looks like you will fit in just fine around here,

Good to see your already jumping in, Feel free to u2u me if you need any help.

Asala

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Don't have any problem with "sour grapes" they make great wine.
Welcome to ATS. See you around the board.

BTW, got a thing for Durden? You can say, I won't tell.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Don't have any problem with "sour grapes" they make great wine.
Welcome to ATS. See you around the board.

BTW, got a thing for Durden? You can say, I won't tell.

[edit on 19-11-2004 by SourGrapes]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
SourGrapes,

Welcome to the soiree! Im sure the thickness of your skin will be tested soon. Just jump in and let it all hang out. Unless theres a good reason to change you mind, stick to your guns and ignore the slings and arrows. Thats 95% of what makes it worthwhile. Plus, it's kinda fun, too!

Again, welcome SourGrapes. See you around the board

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hey Buddy

Hope you have fun on ATS.

See you around.

Surf

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Thank you. You all seem so warm and inviting!

Any major pet peeves or board taboos I should be aware of?

Mine are:

1. People trying too hard to shove personal opinions and/or views down the throats of others, and
2. The use of Hitler to describe or label anyone unless, of course Hitler himself.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

No cursing or adult material or hatred, bascially no fun.

Surf

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Well, I must say that I enjoy his posts and if he's anything like his Avatar(?), YUM! (Did I just type that? ah, maybe I'll edit it out later!)

Too late.
It's nice to meet you SourGrapes. I think you just made me blush.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden

Well, I must say that I enjoy his posts and if he's anything like his Avatar(?), YUM! (Did I just type that? ah, maybe I'll edit it out later!)

Too late.
It's nice to meet you SourGrapes. I think you just made me blush.

Embarrassed and flattered all at the same time!

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Why can't I see your pic, durden? (On the "Icon Gender" board)

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Why can't I see your pic, durden? (On the "Icon Gender" board)

Oh, I took it down. But since you asked so nicely, I'll put it back up later today.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Then I shall post mine as well! (It was part of the deal, right?) Will I be able to remove it after posting?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Then I shall post mine as well! (It was part of the deal, right?) Will I be able to remove it after posting?

Cool. Yeah, you can easily remove images you post at any time.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Mine are:

1. People trying too hard to shove personal opinions and/or views down the throats of others, and
2. The use of Hitler to describe or label anyone unless, of course Hitler himself.

There is a few posts around that state bush is similar to Hitler which i think I agree with on how things are moving along...

but welcome to the forum...

I have one thing to say.. if you get into a debate, have your facts right.. I made a mistake a while ago and didnt have my facts straight and almost got thrashed.. untill someone who knew what they was talking abou saved my ass...

anyway welcome to the forum..

Ohh ya forgot to add,

No Matter how weird something may seem on this site, remember... The truth is always stranger than fiction.

[edit on 19-11-2004 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Okay, but do I have to go all the way through that humongous thread again? I'm still trying to figure out best ways to navigate through the site. How do I go about posting a jpg to the thread?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Okay, but do I have to go all the way through that humongous thread again? I'm still trying to figure out best ways to navigate through the site. How do I go about posting a jpg to the thread?

Simply click the 'Tutorial' tab above you and go from there.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durden

Simply click the 'Tutorial' tab above you and go from there.

Smarta$$?

Or, are you simply blind to the smoke rings sent from a damsel in distress? Looks as if your ship may have crashed and left Lorelie alone on the cliff to summon yet another unsuspecting traveller. (Being four months my senior, I figured you'd be a bit more aware of the opportunity to throw on some tights and join the ballet!)

Then again, I could have this all wrong and you're female? (Oh, I just felt a dissapointing shiver jolt through my body
)

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
You must've misread me, SourGrapes. I really didn't mean to be a smartass. Check your U2U.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join