It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds Biggest Ship Launched.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Okay… At first from the pic, I didn't think this thing was THAT big. But watch the video, and you will see how long it takes for the ship to pass!

Also, the tugs running round like maniacs is pretty funny!

Enjoy!

One Big Boat
edit on 8-12-2013 by brace22 because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

that is one big ship compared to the titanic of 100 years ago but designers are talking of having a 2.5 million tonne ship sail out there and if this one cost £ 7 billion what would that one cost

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

This thing really is the size and cost of a small country. So the new one will be the size and cost of a small continent.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

just keeping that ships afloat is a major issue with the maintenance they take but the way the koreans are shoving them down the slipways is unbelievable these days it is one of my regrets that i have never worked on a ship i used to work oilrig construction for a while but never did the ships

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The video says it's not technically a "ship" because it doesn't have its own propulsion mechanism. Apparently it's just going to be sitting in the same spot for 25 years after they tow it to where it needs to be. But how is it going to help with the production of natural gas as the article says?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

they have found some big fields in australia lately they will just tow it onsite and use it like a platform oilrig when you see what is on the sea floor around those rigs it is impressive what is hidden below the waves .

the russians are planning the same idea in the artic with the rig they bodged together

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

I imagine working on something of that magnitude would be a privilege. Say what you want about oil and the people who get it. The people engineering things like this are just out of this world.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I really don't know! I imagine on board are some refinery things and so forth. I just posted it because it's big and it floats and it's impressive haha

top topics

join