It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shocking International Conspiracy To Assasinate Robert Mugabe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I in no way plan to argue the points made in the video or my research. This is a learning thread if anything, and one that people should be more aware of , as this is an INTERNATIONAL dilemma.
THIS IS NOT A NEW STORY. I BRING THIS THREAD, AS IT IS AS RELEVANT IF NOT MORE TODAY THEN IT WAS THEN!

First let me say that this is a subject that I rarely get into, for reasons that I do not care to express right now, but this story and some of the issues that come with subjects like this are impossible to deny.

This is my opinion is a look into the corruption, that so many choose to believe are impossible , incomprehensible, and as many like to think, cannot be this easy. This is the story of a man that is claimed to be (do any google search of Mugabe) crazy, paranoid, and criminal at best, someone that clearly stated on more then one occasion that other countries were looking into removing him from power, and that most if not all (he does not justify, or disclaim that there was violence under his control) fears for his country are being perpetrated and he is not crazy.

I of course am well aware that there are members here that live or have lived in Africa and would love any and all input. If you would like to add better or more detailed links, please do so, newer or old information, please do so, any and all info would be appreciated.

I will leave as many links as possible for those that wish to look further into the more detailed parts of this very serious situation, some many might know, and some not.

The History of Apartheid in South Africa

Here is the video that I watched before seeing this one just a few days ago.
For those that cannot watch it.

Mugabe and the White African

Michael Campbell is one of the few hundred white farmers left in Zimbabwe since President Robert Mugabe began his violent land seizure program in 2000. Since then the country has descended into chaos, the economy brought to its knees by the reallocation of formerly white-owned farms to ZANU-PF friends and officials with no knowledge, experience or interest in farming. Mike, like hundreds of white farmers before him, has suffered years of multiple land invasions and violence at his farm.

In 2008, Mike, 75 years old and a grandfather - unable to call upon the protection of any Zimbabwean authorities and unable to even rely on the support of his fellow white farmers, all facing the same brutal intimidation - took the unprecedented step of challenging Robert Mugabe before the SADC (South African Development Community) international court, charging him and his government with racial discrimination and of violations of Human Rights.

This film is an intimate account of one family's astonishing bravery in the face of brutality, in a fight to protect their property, their livelihood and their country. The outcome of the court case potentially determining not just the future that lies ahead for Mike and his family, but the future of millions of ordinary Zimbabweans who continue to suffer at the hands of a dictator who, in setting his own countrymen against each other, has demonstrated that he cares only for power.

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

After I watched this I was appalled and upset that land was being taken from farmers that were providing food, and shelter to families, and it was taken away due to the color of their skin (and I will also state that further investigating my feelings, I found that these lands were taken first, and that the politicians were throwing people out, and giving the farms to poorer Africans that could not take care of the land or the crops) and the film followed this family in court.

Now there was a serious conflict in Africa after the end of Apartheid that had more to do with color in some cases then change. But people were ready for a leader that was ready to call out those that had pasts, and generations of land that even though was int heir families for so long, were not originally theirs to begin with, and many poorer Africans were ready to start to claim their land *PLEASE NOTE* The land that can be traced back ancestrally to their family before it was taken, not just ANY African with dark skin could take it.* and begin anew.

There were of course some downfalls, and believe me when I tell you, I can usually spot propaganda, but this one did get me good, as we will later see, that this far more dangerous to political interests, and black Africans AND white Africans were both being used.

Then I received this video and though I had watched it more then once, and was reluctant to write about it, I frankly have had enough of those that choose to deny wrong doing, and absolute ignorance on how the system works.

The following is a film about the discussion, payment, and meeting recorded with people that you would never think should even be having this conversation nonetheless be setting up the assassination of a President.

Mugabe's 22-year iron grip on power has never been under such pressure. The full weight of international diplomacy has been thrown into trying to get observers into Zimbabwe to witness the elections. But the president is resisting, claiming a conspiracy by his opponents and Britain to remove him. But now it seems someone closer to home put a $500,000 price on the 78-year-old Mugabe's head. Opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai, who has campaigned as a democrat, seeks long-overdue change. Mr Tsvangirai has condemned the notorious invasions of white-owned farms by black 'war veterans' - a stand which has made him the darling of the liberal democratic West.

But we present evidence that the opposition leader has had no intention of letting the electoral process take its course. While parading his democratic credentials, Mr Tsvangirai has in fact, been plotting to kill President Robert Mugabe. "We can now definitely say that Mr Mugabe is going to be eliminated" he is filmed saying. The footage was taken last December, when Mr Tsvangirai met five men at the Montreal offices of a prominent Canadian political consultancy, Dickens and Madson, which was promised lucrative contracts under the new government. The aim of the meeting is clearly stated: "We are to proceed to implement a plan of introducing a transitional government through the termination of Mugabe." Another consultant quips: "Do coffins win elections?" Tsvangirai is also seen on the surveillance videotape discussing a coup d' etat following "the elimination of the President." The plan was to seize power with sections of the military, override parliament and suspend the elections. The paper trails shows that nearly $100,000 was already given as down-payment.

The stakes are high: if Mugabe wins the elections again then land tenure across Africa is threatened. If the plot had succeeded, undoubtedly mass mayhem and death would have followed. The consultancy company now says it had no intention of fulfilling the contract. Tsvangirai admits he was in the meeting in Canada but denies the plot - but the hard evidence of one of the new millennium's biggest political scandals cannot be dismissed so lightly .

Tsvangirai treason trial resumes

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Ari Ben Menashe was just trying to rip money off Morgan, while double-dealing with the Mugabe regime...

Its just more of Ari's crazy escapades into geo-politics. The reason he was doing this? personal vendetta against Israel.

Im not even going to try and reference that.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
MAN FFS!!!

The geo-politics at play here highlight the personalities involved in the international "game". Why is there no interest in this? Ari is a player in the same light as Carlos the Jackle.

Do I need to provide original research and testimony?. NO, just get rid of Colin and I will shut the # up.

EDIT TO ADD:
YELLOW CAKE!!!.
edit on 8-12-2013 by cartenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

I just find it odd a nations leader would have a hitler tash.
Oh and I love yellow cake

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

My response may have been ambiguous, but there are those ************************************

I'm not even going to get into Ari and his world.

PEACE
edit on 8-12-2013 by cartenz because: Sorry, we all have to toe the line at some point

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

You seem to have things to contribute to the thread, I want to do a search even if you dont want to reveal to much, but its to random. If you are not comfortable, you can U2U me a few key words and I can do the research.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

[s]No U2U, I'm about transparency.[/s] will be told what to do.

Morgan was (according to his supporters) tricked into hiring Ari to kill Mugabe. You can find some of the news from his supporters on the web.

Ari was based (not the right word) in Canada at the time, but the Canada thing is deeper--mining interests.

Google "Sundance Plane Crash"... its all about yellowcake. There are even "weekeelee" leaks about it.

PEACE

edit on 8-12-2013 by cartenz because: too explicit

edit on 8-12-2013 by cartenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Maybe later someone can come in and help me fill in the dots.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Sorry man, I dont mean the ambiguity.

Ari was the guy who "arranged" the hit on Mugabe, he set up Morgan to pay for it, then dobbed Morgan in. He took the money, he took money from the Mugabe regime to not carry out the hit (had some bizzare court case in Zimbabwe related to it--google will find it) and now--I have no idea where Ari is, but last time I checked he was in Canada.

I can say that safely without issues.

Anything about yellow-cake... sundance... rio tinto... IM OUT.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
NO, Im going to say it: IT IS ALL ABOUT THE URANIUM INDUSTRY!

I know wikileaks is not a canonical source here but there are cables that support this. Mugabe has a mandate as a "rouge dictator" for the sole reason to supply yellow-cake without the checks and balances of the UN.

Ari knew this and could exploit it, he knew he could get cash from Morgan (after he convinced him) to do the hit, but he knew he could get more cash from the back-door deals that supplied Israel with Y-cake by keeping this "in-house"...

Again, sorry for the ambiguity

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm afriad this is one we're apt to disagree very strongly on.

In my view, Robert Mugabe is one of the most vile and evil excuses for human trash this planet has produced in the form of a Nation's leader. Few, in modern history, have knowingly and with signs to see it coming, driven their nation into hyperinflationary collapse. He did. He also took a nation, which was known on T-Shirts as a place you could be a "Man among men, by joining the Rhodesian Army" (something I was still seeing some of as a kid, growing up) and turned it into something worse.

Zimbabwe had, before Mugabe decided to come in and force racial social justice, been among the "Breadbasket" producers for basic food items and more for that region of Africa, thanks to it's rural farms. Forced land redistribution and encouragement for locals to just go do it themselves if the mood struck them, utterly destroyed that...and that came before the hyper-inflationary explosion he brought about.

I use this pic occasionally to illustrate where our own nation is headed..and for many of the same basic economic reasons, too.

That was a someone being snarky and paying lunch in Zimbabwe at the peak of the financial anarchy, with paper notes.. Notes like these...

If we look at the intense violence out of the last 'election' (from and between Government and opposition people in the election) we can see little has changed...and Mugabe will remain in office until he dies of natural causes, chooses to leave or by....someone else's planning. Whichever comes first, and if it kills his nation to accomplish? He seems to care little, beyond his personal well being.

Just my views from extensive and long reading over the years on what caused Zimbabwe and how it came to be one of the single largest collapse stories in living memory.

Can't agree on everything.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Who are you not agreeing with? I dont think any of us support Mugabe or his regime...

My point was Ari was playing both sides. I dont support Morgan...

Also my sisters in-laws are Rhodesian... They lost a farm... and then some...

Yes I am personally vested in this, but lets not beat around the bush--Mugabe is still there because Israel gets their yellow cake from them. The same forces that overthrew Quadaffi wont touch Mugabe? I think you well know why.

There is no argument here, just a world not accessible to the facts.

OR maybe there is an argument here and I'm just not seeing it?
edit on 8-12-2013 by cartenz because: Im not hateful... much

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hey NRE,

Are you familiar with the Marange diamond fields?

Some questioned the fields after De Beers, the mining giant, let its Marange concession lapse in 2006. But Andrew Bone, the company’s director of international relations, described the diamonds there as “an important find. It’s bigger than most people anticipated.”

www.nytimes.com...

It seems they only recently found that this deposit is of far greater value than previously thought. Enough so that it could raise the GDP in Zimbabwe by 25%.

Most of formerly colonial Africa is a mess, tribal disputes were ongoing well before European colonists came in and turned everything upside down. This is Cecil Rhodes territory here and that means mining and money. Whites are historically still relative newcomers to the area where poverty was widespread. Social justice, indigenous rights, racial issues and enormous natural resources make for a volatile mix.

Add in the contrivances and schemes from US, European, Russian and Chinese interests. Anyone is a leadership position there has more than a plateful of problems to choose from.

I was surprised to read last night they have 17 languages spoken there. That tells a little of what a mish-mash of people and cultures are involved here. Mistakes have been made, huge ones and genocide has gone on sporadically as it has in much of Africa. Mugabe isn't unique - Idi Amin, Mobutu Seseseko and Oliver Tambo come immediately to mind.

Mandela stood for his people much to the detriment of white Afrikaaners and outside interests. One cannot be a hero to all peoples just as Andrew Jackson is revered in the US for destroying the banks but also despised for removing the 5 civilized tribes that stood in the way of colonial expansion.

Mugabe is very old, death is coming for him one way or another. The question is will whoever replaces him will they be any better or even worse? Historians will judge him by the strength of Zimbabwe in the future. That is where his legacy will be determined.

ETA - I haven't watched either film yet. I hope to in the next few days. Thanks!
edit on 8-12-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Well, I went back and re-read the OP...and I think from the Title and general interpretation, it's suggesting Mugabe having been removed by outside forces would have been a bad thing.

I may have misunderstood that entirely, and I've been known to from time to time. There are some situations in the world where covert action by governments is warranted though and I've rarely if ever heard educated (self- or otherwise) people suggest we have none. Would removal of Mugabe have been a good use of them by whomever may have worked to do it? I have no idea...since we have no real frame of reference to all the information that may have suggested urgency. In hindsight to something like this now though, it wouldn't seem to have been a dire need..and they rarely ever seem to be, IMO.

Then again, Mugabe has been leader there since a few months after Ronald Reagan took office from Jimmy Carter, Literally..as it happens. Nature is very kind so some...indeed.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I want to thank you all for your participation I am learning so much.

I have to say that the biggest revelation to me and the one that I hope people can pick up on, is 5 guys in a room, exchanging money, ideas, and the life and death of a president, this isnt in a secret bunker, this was in an office with shoddy video, with men in a certain level of power.

Who after getting tangled up recanted the statements made in the video. Life is NOT a movie, death, deals, money, power, all of those things come at a price, and the price is ALWAYS the people. Whether you are on one side or another, people lose.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Anyone who can knock off Mugabe has my seal of approval. Its not like his successor can be worse..... He set the bar pretty low.

top topics

join