It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crow Thread

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

...scientist are studying crows brains to gain insight into how alien species could develope. Their brains are completely different from ours yet they have reason.

Just think if things had gone a little different on the evolutionary tree.

Hi there.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

But to think we live alongside maybe the next generation of smart beings here on earth? Or we do not notice that these animals are intelligently coexist and maybe watching every move we make. And use that for own purpose?
edit on 0b05America/ChicagoSun, 09 Feb 2014 17:20:05 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 09 Feb 2014 17:20:05 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
ever wonder why crows don't get run over when their on the road eating road kill.

it because of their buddies up on the power lines yelling, yelling, car car car

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There have been a few crows around the last week or two and there is one in particular that is silly. Silly as hell. He has this weird, deep chortling-chuckling thing that he does as he rocks back and forth from foot to foot, I've see him doing it several times and I think he was once doing it at me. I was walking to the car and heard him and looked right over at him looking at me, see-sawing from foot to foot and chortling.

I just heard him so I grabbed the crow-call and went outside and casually hid behind the shed and called to he and his buddies. Right away I got two of them circling at about 25 feet in the air above me. Usually I stop once I've got them over to me, but this time I just stood there and cawed at them. And they circled longer than ever, in fact it got a little spooky...

...anyway, they then went off to their tree and one of them gave a pretty disgusted-sounding caw-report to his tree-mates and then called out a general warning.

I can hear them again now. Honestly: get a crow-call they are worth way, way more in silly-crow-fun than the 12.95 they cost.

edit on 18-2-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think we may have something here.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

He ain't that clever. Even I know cans go for recycling, not in the bin

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Crows are awesome.

I like feeding them, when I'm in town for work.There are playing fields by the high school, lined by forest and trees.A murder of crows (about 20), are usually there.

This was last winter, and the temperature had dropped.

I went out to share some left overs with them, and was quickly surrounded by seagulls.I was standing out in the center of a soccer field and the gulls kept me distracted.They kept approaching one way and then the other, I had a hard time managing to actually give the crows anything at first.This went on for a few weeks, I got tired of chasing them off.The only time the gulls left us alone, there were over a hundred crows. Unusual & creepy, but I had lots of nuts that day for them.Definitely made an impression.

My pride was kind of hurt, I was getting tired of the seagulls.I don't hate them, but they eat everything.I was going to be working in town for several more months, and was hoping to enjoy some more bonding time with these particular crows.

I thought about it, the gulls are smarter then they look, but they're not as smart as crows.I decided to experiment with feeding the crows differently.

I tried feeding the crows along the tree line instead.Most of these crows appeared to be younger ones.I'd toss them some nuts and they'd have at her.The gulls would approach from one side or the other and try to grab what they could.

I still felt kind of frustrated with the seagulls.I remember how they weren't so brave once they were outnumbered, and started throwing the food in behind the fence baseball diamond.The tree line ran along one side, and I stood on the side that was open.

Lol, that did the trick.I backed off a bit, and some of the older crows flew up on the back of the chain-link fence for the diamond.Smaller crows swooped in and started feeding.The seagulls weren't so brave, once they had no escape.It was really cool to see the crows feeding and taking turns watching over each other from higher up.The gulls just watched, and they didn't bother us again until it snowed.

I tried feeding them shelled sunflower seeds, but that didn't work so well.The snow interfered.

I went over to the tennis courts and fed them in a corner there.That worked pretty well, but the gulls moved in again flying over and harassing us.The crows left.

I felt mischievous, I threw some snowballs towards the gulls.My hands were cold and they were to high up, perched on the roof of the school.I tried scaring them, and was successful except for one.I had the impression that he was alpha seagull.I hit youtube and started playing sounds through my wireless speaker from various raptors.He'd looked around in the sky, but stood his ground.I went through a bunch of raptor screeches, curious to see if he would scram.Nothing.

After a long time, I tried the sound of a seagull getting killed, eaten alive by a crow.He left!Lol

I noticed after doing this periodically, the crows will come visit even when I'm empty handed.The gulls only seem to care when I have food.They do remember people, and even visit closer to home and at the convenience store.I'm looking forward to seeing what else they can teach me.

edit on 8-5-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammer

edit on 8-5-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: x2

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join