It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just watched this video and I think Im a Satanist

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Meh. Prove to me that we are just in jars. This sort of eclectic reasoning robs one of the joy that is life. Consuming one's thoughts with this drivel is pointless. I'd rather experience the joy of living, (as crappy life can be at times) then waste my time wondering if I'm a brain in a jar on a shelf. Pointless. That and by the very nature of this thinking diminishes the need for relationships, since what does it matter? Do they even exist? If I'm the only one that truly exists, why bother having meaningful relationships? Rubbish.
edit on 10-12-2013 by JackSparrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

JackSparrow17

Meh. Prove to me that we are just in jars. This sort of eclectic reasoning robs one of the joy that is life. Consuming one's thoughts with this drivel is pointless. I'd rather experience the joy of living, (as crappy life can be at times) then waste my time wondering if I'm a brain in a jar on a shelf. Pointless. That and by the very nature of this thinking diminishes the need for relationships, since what does it matter? Do they even exist? If I'm the only one that truly exists, why bother having meaningful relationships? Rubbish.
edit on 10-12-2013 by JackSparrow17 because: (no reason given)

That's usually my response.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Haha.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
Apparently he died of a pulmonary enema (no idea) and was unable to talk so his deathbed repenting is most likely BS from Fundamentalists.

edit on 8/12/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

That would be 'pulmonary edema'. Essentially your lungs fill with fluid and you drown in it. It is generally a consequence of congestive heart failure or fluid overload of other origin. It's very hard to speak when you can't breathe, n'est-ce pas?
edit on 11-12-2013 by kabfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Is it scary that i agree with some of the stuff they say ? they seem to be calm , composed , reasonable

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

maddy21
Is it scary that i agree with some of the stuff they say ? they seem to be calm , composed , reasonable

It says in the Bible that even the devil himself masquerades as an angel of light. If that be the case, then naturally these cats can't appear to be drooling mad fiends. They have to be appealing, no? Don't get many converts by being covered in blood and screaming obscenities in an interview!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
to IKnowStuff:

Even though the video is some years old, yes, even from merely a forensic point of view, the two Tantrics nee Satanists fairly trounce the mousey Mr. Bob Larson in the conversation. If you do a little background work, Larson was a big part of the "Satanic Panic" of the late 80s and 90s. (Which is an enlightening study of human foolishness and gullibility all on its own. Even though the furor has mostly died down, a whole cottage industry arose around dealing with "ritualistic Satanic abuse" ... "recovered memories" et. al. with half-assed psychologists usually dually aspiring to be demon-hunters or some such rot.)

Enough of that.

I'm 47. I've been a student of religions for 30 years. My studies continue.

For some time (about six months in my mid 20s) I identified myself as a Satanist ala LeVeyan Satanism (which, as noted is non-theistic ... the CoS doesn't believe that Satan is an entity with any greater reality than say Micky Mouse or Superman or Luke Skywalker, in other words -- Satan is a fabricated idea that represents certain human characteristics ... self-reliance, individuality, etc). What appealed to me (and may be the source of the appeal to you, IKnowStuff) is the encouragement to throw off and destroy all the presumptions and absurdities and contradictions and lies and foolishnesses and prohibitions that can be associated with a religious (in most cases Christian) upbringing while maintaining humor, theatrics and creativity in doing so. Rebel against the system, ask questions, demand answers, don't accept mealy-mouthed half-truths and/or logical absurdities. Think FOR YOURSELF. Find YOUR OWN CENTER. Don't ask anyone's permission to be who you are and do as you will. Radical individualism coupled in most cases with taking primary RESPONSIBILITY for your own life, your own actions, and leaving behind the innate cowardice that blames other people or circumstances or imaginary beings and creatures for either the good or bad things that happen to us ...

But I digress.

I will hazard that you have had a door opened or a seed planted in your mind that may bear quite interesting fruit in time. Be willing to learn, and play, and for goodness sake ... look around you in this discussion at the vapid ignorance, mean-spirited conformity and terminal lack of humor that prevails among so many "Christians" today and ask yourself, if there were ONLY two teams (and there's not) ... which side would you want to play on?

My $0.02, at any rate. Your mileage may vary.

edit on 11-12-2013 by Gryphon66 because: A few typo corrections, a change of one incomplete phrasing ...

edit on 11-12-2013 by Gryphon66 because: ANOTHER damned typo ... ARRRGGGH!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by maddy21

Why should it be scary. They are not literal satanists. For them it's symbolic. That and Satan doesn't exist.

Is it strange you agree with some of it? No. I think most people would agree with some of it. Pick up any philosophy book….chances are there are bits of the philosophy you'll agree with. Anton Lavey's philosophy is drawing from familiar sources. Some of it is a tad too…. uncompassionate for my taste.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The soft peddling of this and pretending its not real, when its actually the Hills Have Eyes, for real, is the biggest lie being told and this is one of the most horrific crimes on earth. This, and the wars, and the starvation are what hold in the frequency that stops people from waking up and getting off this planet. This is their master plan, to lay seige to Is Ra El and awareness.

They're murdering people, and infants. The elite families always murder one of their own children.

There's nothing to soft peddle in that organization, if you think the worst of the worst, they've gone far beyond that.

And in various christian sects throughout north america, ones where birth certificates aren't done usually. Project Paperclip brought the nazi's into Canada primarily first, and through various churches and through the states. Its well organized, its for real and its horrific.

On a thread about Laurel Valley and the musicians that died at a certain age. Was posting on Tim Buckley and his son. Anyway, a file appeared. I have my show hidden files checked in linux. It was a file related to an editor I didn't use, called dead joe. And it was also quite the song, sort of warning song, ugly beyond.

So I posted that.

Within a short while, someone had walked all the way, deep into my property, around the back, or most likely, straight the bushes, and went to the side of my living room wall where there was a huge overgrown cedar hedge and a spooky narrow spot. And with what sounded like big boots, probably military or CIA, kicked my wall. It all happened fast, that night. They have tie ins to their military/cia/black occult satanic groups, everywhere. And the laurel valley showed that many of the stars were actually military kids, cia kids, black op kids, and there was a cia facility there. M'Kultra comes to mind all mixed in with the satanic groups. Laurel Valley home to Manson as well.

This is for real beyond real even. And what is beyond sickening is their pretence that they're just playing at it.
edit on 11-12-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

What are you claiming is very real? Cults killing people or the existence of Satan. That didn't seem clear to me from your post.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Cults killing people. I don't believe there is one satan. I believe the reality is, the gnostic inner meanings and that the whole value in any scripture or spiritual writings, or philosophies is that that they take place inside the person. Its all innie stuff, not outer. Your Inner Michael Defeats Your Inner Dragon in the end to progress. But there are negative entities. And some of the dark hat magicians and rituals have brought them into contact for thousands and possibly millions of years. But I don't believe they necessarily need a ritual to manifest, but that areas where people are lower frequency and giving up, there is more overlay or bleeding of realms. That earth is like a motel with many rooms and some are higher frequency places.

I believe they're working the leylines of this planet and bringing as much sacrifice and ritual and slavery here to halt progression as they can. That everything is a ritual sacrifice, from forced employment to wars, poisoned food, cancers, starvation, stress, inner city getto's, abused children. The plight of nature and torture of animals. All done with intent.

By the way, the soft peddling of this is done by them, some believe it or support their projected media image, but its not people lying, its the whole network. I also believe that there are levels, compartmentalization, like alot of mystery schools, where for some its just this cool metaphoric thing, until you get deeper.
edit on 11-12-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Hmm, well, I guess there are some who still carry the "Satanic Panic" torch. However, the facts are that in the vast number of cases, indeed, in virtually EVERY case were Satanic Ritual Abuse or SRA (yes, it's capitalized and acrynmic because the fallacious accusations were so numerous it became a recognized "thing") was alleged, investigators found ZERO proof. In almost every case, the individuals alleging these fantastical nightmares were either projecting their own dark fantasies, intentionally misrepresenting the truth, or, some measure of both salted with good ol' garden variety mental illness.

The points of evidence that counter these lunacies are ... legion, if you'll pardon the pun. Just type "Satanic Panic" and/or "Satanic Ritual Abuse" into your favorite search engine, and you'll be presented with numerous references.

As to a "primer" on the concept, one might check out:

Satanic Ritual Abuse (Wikipedia) (yes Virginia, I'm well aware that Wiki is not a reliable primary source, but it is a decent aggregator and starting point for genuine research)

Satanic Panic (RationalWiki)

Etc.

Of course, your mileage may vary, and everyone is certainly free to believe whatever they wish. However, for me in the rational, evidence-based world I try to live in ... it's hogwash promulgated by the ignorant.

edit on 12-12-2013 by Gryphon66 because: because nothing gold can stay ...

edit on 12-12-2013 by Gryphon66 because: because once is not enough (typos).

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostfacekilah00

They are trying to say that Satan is a good thing.

In your opinion this is what they are trying to say,

However your opinion also states that they are saying

They claim that they don't believe in the Judeo-Christian Satan because the Judeo-Christian Satan is considered evil, the deceiver of humanity, and the ruler of the forces of darkness whose goal is to trick us into sinning and losing our eternal life.

So in your opinion Good is evil?

It's no different than atheists who say that God is evil.

So in reality its non existent,

Atheists don't believe in God exists so why if they don't believe in him would they say God is evil?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Yes I blame Christianity for its past Ills, its a human concept who's basis is on we are right and everyone else is wrong. Following any dogma makes you a fool and a slave

So you are not really blaming Christianity, but those following like you say.

I totally agree with you, we all have a choice.

If you agree how can you have anything against a religion when we all have a choice, its the followers making choices to either abide by the book or not, its not the book, the ideology, the belief.

Its the people that hold them and make the choices with what they hold you want to blame,

But blame is a game one should never play unless they are the creator of what we call existence that created right and wrong for blame to be bestowed upon.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Im not attacking Christianity, merely holding up a mirror for Christians who are attacking Satanism.

Why?

Let them be judged when it their time and when they believe they will be judged.

You are attacking in a deceptive way

Deception the way of the devil according to Christians

Jokes

I find it hilarious that all the unproven anecdotes they have about Satanism that lead them to believe its evil have provable and documented parallels in their dogma of choice.

Not just Satanism, but lets not go there.

In 5 pages of responses maybe 8 posters have actually bothered to discuss the video and not their pre concieved Christian notions of what Satanism is.

The ratio is about 1:100 threads stay on topic the rest just go with flow until a MOD has their way.

What do you think about Satanism Commandments, I think they have 9, which are almost identical to the 10 commandments, same basic concepts just worded differently.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

InhaleExhale

Atheists don't believe in God exists so why if they don't believe in him would they say God is evil?

Because they believe he is. Darth Vader also doesn't exist, but most people would still say he is evil for trying to build a Death Star (even though he really doesn't exist).

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Gryphon66
Hmm, well, I guess there are some who still carry the "Satanic Panic" torch. However, the facts are that in the vast number of cases, indeed, in virtually EVERY case were Satanic Ritual Abuse or SRA (yes, it's capitalized and acrynmic because the fallacious accusations were so numerous it became a recognized "thing") was alleged, investigators found ZERO proof. In almost every case, the individuals alleging these fantastical nightmares were either projecting their own dark fantasies, intentionally misrepresenting the truth, or, some measure of both salted with good ol' garden variety mental illness.

The points of evidence that counter these lunacies are ... legion, if you'll pardon the pun. Just type "Satanic Panic" and/or "Satanic Ritual Abuse" into your favorite search engine, and you'll be presented with numerous references.

As to a "primer" on the concept, one might check out:

Satanic Ritual Abuse (Wikipedia) (yes Virginia, I'm well aware that Wiki is not a reliable primary source, but it is a decent aggregator and starting point for genuine research)

Satanic Panic (RationalWiki)

Etc.

Of course, your mileage may vary, and everyone is certainly free to believe whatever they wish. However, for me in the rational, evidence-based world I try to live in ... it's hogwash promulgated by the ignorant.

edit on 12-12-2013 by Gryphon66 because: because nothing gold can stay ...

edit on 12-12-2013 by Gryphon66 because: because once is not enough (typos).

The "investigators" found zero proof of Jimmy Saviles crimes either. Until he was dead.

3 Key witnesses died the day before giving testimony during the McMartin preschool case.

And during the boystown scandal, they sent one of the key witnesses and victims (Paul Bonacci) to prison.

FACT: There are people in this world that ARE above the law. They are the teflon dons, nothing sticks.

edit on 201312America/Chicago12pm12pmThu, 12 Dec 2013 16:26:22 -06001213 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

So you are not really blaming Christianity, but those following like you say.

I do blame Religions for what people do in their name but I understand your point but its really just semantics

Why?

Let them be judged when it their time and when they believe they will be judged.
You are attacking in a deceptive way
Deception the way of the devil according to Christians

Im attacking hypocrisy not the person (semantics again I know) I think if religious types took a good hard look at their religions of choice most of them would cease to be a part of organised religion.
How could they not when all the things they hate about another religion is expressed in theirs?

What do you think about Satanism Commandments, I think they have 9, which are almost identical to the 10 commandments, same basic concepts just worded differently.

I didnt know they had commandments but I doubt the 9 would be similiar to the bibles since the 1st 4 of the bible are all about gods insecurity.

The god of the bible is evil, there are no 2 ways about it, fictional characters can be described as evil
edit on 12/12/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
For me, anecdotal peculiarities in a handful of specific instances doesn't change the overwhelming lack of positive evidence in the vast majority of cases. Further, unusual and unfortunate coincidences associated with sexual abuse cases (which are real, humans can be cruel animals, and sadly we sexually abuse each other) doesn't prove 1) ritual Satanism, 2)the existence of a Satanic entity or 3) a universal conspiracy among an uncatalogued world elite to indulge in 1 because of 2. Of course, anything could be true, but, in light of the facts and evidence that I am aware of, there's just nothing to this particular foolishness in my opinion.

Added in edit: I just want to make sure I'm being clear. I am not disputing the reality of sexual abuse. There are sexual predators among us beyond a shadow of a doubt. Further, as far as ritual sexual abuse, well, the Catholic church is just too easy a target. I have been and remain horrified at the pain we will inflict on others and particularly upon children ... but, it has nothing to do with "the devil."

We're evil enough all on our own.

edit on 13-12-2013 by Gryphon66 because: clarification of my point.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

arpgme

InhaleExhale

Because they believe he is. Darth Vader also doesn't exist, but most people would still say he is evil for trying to build a Death Star (even though he really doesn't exist).

Most people would be ignorant of the Star Wars story then,

Most people I know would say Darth Vader is neither Good or Evil but a force that brings balance.

A certain atheist can argue the theological interpretations and say that the God of the Hebrew bible is more prone to be seen as Evil but such a generalization like "because they believe he is" is just plain delusional in my eyes.

They, being all atheists, how many atheists are there to lump them all together say what they believe about God?

Confusing as hell as they have no beliefs pertaining to religious dogma, what are you really saying, I really don't understand?

He, Is that the Old guy with the white beard pointing his finger that you have pictured when you say "he"?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join