It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just watched this video and I think Im a Satanist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

ghostfacekilah00
Satanism is the worship of Satan. If you are Satanist you believe in Satan, God, angels, demons, Heaven, Hell, all that stuff. To be Satanist also means you worship the guy who wants to deceive mankind into losing their eternal soul and being separated from their creator because of their sin for eternity, though he can help you get some cool material stuff during your short life on Earth.

Satanism to the satanists in the video (ie the ones we are discussing) do not believe in the Satan of the judeo-christian mythos. Satan to them is an archetype and not a literal being.

Youd know this if you bothered to watch the vid

People please dont post here based on your preconceived notions, like I said in the OP the Satanism these people describe is not at all what I had thought Satanism was.
Watch the video or dont bother posting as you have nothing to add to the discussion

Yeah I did watch the video. They claim that they don't believe in the Judeo-Christian Satan because the Judeo-Christian Satan is considered evil, the deceiver of humanity, and the ruler of the forces of darkness whose goal is to trick us into sinning and losing our eternal life. They are trying to say that Satan is a good thing. It's no different than atheists who say that God is evil.

Isaiah 5:20 -"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter."

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I think you are the only one acting obtuse. They'll gladly change the context of the word good or use it for themselves while still asking for good and evil to be defined. Yet they won't define it themselves for clarity... why would they have to? Because they are using the words. If they are using them freely but continuously tell us the words don't have the meaning we think they do, how can we come to any of our own conclusions. Let alone take these people seriously.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostfacekilah00

It's no different than atheists who say that God is evil.

If an atheist says that god is evil in the sense they believe god actually exists and is evil then that's not an atheist to begin with and renders your point moot.

When atheists talk about how 'evil god is' they are judging the religious descriptions of that god as hypothetical.

If I believed in a jackal god that wanted its follower to sacrifice babies every full moon in order to get into eternal paradise, you might in conversation with me about my faith make comments about that gods sense of morality. However you wouldn't intend it to be taken as you literally believing in the jackal god's existence. You'd basically be saying I'm an immoral dude for believing in an immoral god. Well certainly if I followed through with that god's wishes

Anton Lavey's 'Satanism' does not hold gods to literally exist. It's an atheistic philosophy. Unless you believe they are lying about that. Fine. That wouldn't surprise me. I hear it all the time on this forum from religious people…in fact I just did from you! Atheists are not really atheists… It seems commonplace for religious people to struggle with the idea some people truly don't believe what they are selling.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Antipathy17
I think you are the only one acting obtuse. They'll gladly change the context of the word good or use it for themselves while still asking for good and evil to be defined. Yet they won't define it themselves for clarity... why would they have to? Because they are using the words. If they are using them freely but continuously tell us the words don't have the meaning we think they do, how can we come to any of our own conclusions. Let alone take these people seriously.

That tastes good requires no explanation.

Good and evil as a moral guideline does require an explanation and the explanation you give will depend on many things like cultural background, age, what era you live in etc etc
Good and evil are relative to where you are standing and who is anyone to judge anyone else on good or evil is the point they were making.
Personally I think female circumcision and sport hunting are evil but does that make it so?
Good and evil are not black and white is the point they were making

edit on 8/12/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostfacekilah00

Yeah I did watch the video. They claim that they don't believe in the Judeo-Christian Satan because the Judeo-Christian Satan is considered evil, the deceiver of humanity, and the ruler of the forces of darkness whose goal is to trick us into sinning and losing our eternal life. They are trying to say that Satan is a good thing. It's no different than atheists who say that God is evil.

Still doubtful you watched the video as they said none of the above.
They say they dont believe in Satan or God because they dont exist not because they disagree with them.

Watch the video and actually listen to it or please go away, I would like to discuss the video and not your personal delusions

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I think you may be wasting your time with that one,
He saw the word Satan in the thread title and most likely popped a vessel in his rush to get on here and spout his ignorance.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
You do make a great argument. I can't seem to piece the bunches of information I want to discuss, together. I want to be upfront and completely honest with you. I have a bad feeling about this whole topic. I am not what people would call the religious type because my beliefs of infinite possibilities are a bit contradicting to what is taught in most religions. So don't think I am hinting anything like that. It's just some of the things you've stated or commented toward some people really puts me off. I make no claim to your intention or integrity but I just can't simplify what it is about you and this topic.
edit on 8-12-2013 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
meant to hit edit, instead hit quote.
edit on 8-12-2013 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
meant to hit edit, instead hit quote.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
If they do not believe in this stuff and are atheist then why do they perform rituals to a god (Satan) they do not believe in? What atheist performs religious rituals as a way of proving their atheism? It is all very nonsensical.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
i spread the rumor years ago i was a satanist it does wonders for your street cred and no one messes with the evil one plus i do not have to buy presents at christmas .

just remember to add thank satan for that every now and again and make your eyebrows grow up the way and dress in black to add to the illusion of it all

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Watched it.

I think they make some valid points about christianity (religion), human nature, and how the victors write history. However, I can't believe for a second that they think of Satan solely as an archetypical figure.

The werewolf dude mentions that Satanism is an organization for the elite.
Sounds about right.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Holy Hell!

What an interview.

Those two wtf-pwned that guy.

They know themselves better than
the interviewer knows himself.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Iknowstuff you will burn tra la la burn tra la la, satan is bad tra la la, Jebus is best tra tra la.
Even though tra la la, you are a good person tra la la la, you will burn tra la la If you don't accept Jebus, tra la la, cos Christ and God tra la la only let people into heaven la la la,who are in my club la la laaaaaa.
*you gotta sing it*.

Jk of course I will watch the video later...btw If they are all hotties like her count me in

edit on 8-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
First off, what's with that guys ear? It's like the top half is missing. He looks very strange.

When I last had a peek at the church of satan website it stated it used ann rands (sp?) philosophy in the fountainhead book she authored.

These satanists bash Gid and Jesus and say they're fictitious because it's in their best interest to do so. They know perfectly well who they are worshipping, the devil. The devil is a really good salesman and levay or others like Michael Aquino are used by him to speak on his behalf, because he doesn't physically exist in the way we could see or hear him. He's an entity or dark force with lots of little workers falling under his spell. Just my opinion.
edit on 8-12-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

I would agree satanism is growing but not many realize they follow the philosophy. They might be people who call themselves Christian. It's hidden or disguised so as not to alert people they actually are.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

If she's " hot" you need your eyes checked. Or do you like the streetwalker look?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

You don't know what you're talking about. Anton Le Veys kept a pet lion in his basement. What do you think that was for? It was to eat the dead bodies after they did the human sacrifices. And ya it was to satan, they most CERTAINLY believe in satan and know the whole power structure regardless of what they say in the video. They're not exactly going to come out and say it. That would just make them look bad. But what they, and many other of TPTB do is they're following satan because they're hope is that when they have the final battle at the end they're hoping satan will be victorious. And they're somehow be able to rule with him. Bad bet.

and since you're so turned on by goths here's one for you. lol

edit on 8-12-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

You don't know what you're talking about. Anton Le Veys kept a pet lion in his basement. What do you think that was for? It was to eat the dead bodies after they did the human sacrifices.

So do you know what you're talking about? Can you inform us with your knowledge regarding this?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

I love the Goth chicks

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

Antipathy17

That tastes good requires no explanation.

Good and evil as a moral guideline does require an explanation and the explanation you give will depend on many things like cultural background, age, what era you live in etc etc
Good and evil are relative to where you are standing and who is anyone to judge anyone else on good or evil is the point they were making.
Personally I think female circumcision and sport hunting are evil but does that make it so?
Good and evil are not black and white is the point they were making

edit on 8/12/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

Ah, the knowledge of good and evil, it imbeds "judgement" upon things which basically are just images in our mind. The sense impressions go to the brain, which creates a picture of the world "around us", and that's what we react to and venture within.

So basically putting any kind of judgement onto those images is tying them into an emotion, and thus imbedding the images themselves - now called memories (images we can call up again to rerun or look at) - in with the millions of other images we have attached to a particular emotion (emotions being chemical change responses in the nervous system). By stepping back and seeing those images as just sense impressions which we have made into our own personal experiential inner-movie, the images take on less "emotional charge" in our lives and decision patterns.

That said, you're a Satanist now? I know you're just playing with words. I listened to the video (or most of it) and that werewolf Eddie Munster guy looks like he's into it in order to cure his sleeptalking. Jeez, put a smile on that guys face. And did you check out his right ear, looks like a wolf bit it off.

And if they went into Tantra that kind of tells you where the real power of "Satanism" lies .....goth chicks!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join