It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avoiding Spiritual Burnout and Dark Night of the Soul

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

I am that baby, and that baby is me

I die with that baby, and that baby lives through me

Yes, when our consciousness is bound by the illusion of mind/self body/self then we suffer

when our consciousness is unbound and we see all the connections, then we have a part in all, and all have a part in us

is it still sad? is it still unfair? yes, we are emotional machines, but machines must be tempered, must be used with skill, and transcendence of normal operating protocols is what is needed to master the machine, but we dont abandon the machine, we use it while its there and learn to let go when it expires

We are workers! and while we are here, lets do good work, otherwise what is the purpose of the physical? Well that is actually a tricky one, but in the most simplest ways of getting through that question is that while there is work to be done we should do it gratefully as we have been chosen to carry that work out, once it is done, you let it go, and you have no expectations of the outcome of the work, you did it, now its no longer yours, let it go, so if you succeed great, if you fail great, its already done.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Hmm difficult post. I think I might see what you mean, but I'm not sure. I don't know much about anything, really, and I have little faith in words. All I know is I'm attracted to some things and repelled by others. I don't know what it means to be attracted by one state of mind-body and repelled by another state of mind-body. I want to dwell in the house of unconditional love and grace, I want to drown in the sea of love and freedom, but I can't. Not all the time. Not while I'm in this weak human body. Who is it that types with my fingers?

Maybe the human body IS a guesthouse, and it comes down to trusting in that which sends the guests.

'This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they are a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice.
meet them at the door laughing and invite them in.

Be grateful for whatever comes.
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.'

-Rumi

edit on 11-12-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Once you watch the human body act as a part of another
beings reproductive cycle, it changes your perspective
forever.

That said,

there IS this mammoth loving power that we float within.

Being conscious rational beings is not for the weak of heart.

That's all I can say.

KPB

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by preludefanguy

The One is thirsty for all varieties of experience and by Our
nature, we cannot deny ourselves ANY experience, no matter
how 'evil', no matter how 'awful'.

Deny yourself 'evil' and you are no longer infinite; you are
bounded. And if only ONE being exists, there is no evil, there
is at worst self-mutilation.

And for the sake of the babies, the ponies and the sunsets,
none of which would exist without the cannibals and the
AIDS babies, we also experience those things inside of our
Body.

But yah, We are assholes. It's the price to be paid for all
the good stuff.

Infinite time in conjunction with only One being makes it
all come out in the wash.

It's still a bumpy ride.. even for an apprentice Buddha.

KPB

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

funny how some people when they commit horrible acts of violence they say, god made me do it

hmm...

We are indeed the evil doers as well, and in this, compassion can be built, and love for all can be attained

thats what I mean by, acceptance is what we are free to do, mostly, now along the way, there are definitely corruptors, means for the ends thought by another, and we can with wisdom avoid these, there is a lot of self created suffering that is not needed... however, even if you were to elevate the entire earth, there would be another world to take its place

so dont go really expecting that, in the end it all works out anyways, like you said, it washes out

but we are definitely not powerless, and we can definitely minimize suffering, and we can do this in the small choices, in the minute things, what we call seconds, fractions of a moment, every moment, our eternity. We can have our future selves help us too, but the decision needs to be made now, it is in the now that the future and the past are being created.

If you put good work in now, your future self will become a rewarding force in the here and now

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Definitely.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

one more thing to add about that buddha apprentice

it indeed is a bumpy ride, we're riding the crashing and rolling waves of the sea man, we're doing it here now, jesus

the buddha nature is the future potential self that actually exists in the now because it is only a decision that has to be made now

so its more like an active potentiality, almost like a quantum state, its both states and its in the measurement that is affecting the collapsed result

we are measured in our actions, not our words or ideas

but all of that cant be squeezed into a small pea sized brain and nervous system, so how much can you let it flow through you and how fast?

we live in a coordinate based reality, and all that info breaks down into coordinates for us, and us being coordinates ourselves, can only parse a certain amount at a time, and that depends upon your biological and spiritual constructs and devices

thing is, we like a lot of build up to our stories so we can have a grand and wonderful climax, thats the way we like our STORIES

I like the word namaste for what it means through our shared society/culture/biological construct and connections so, namaste
edit on 11-12-2013 by preludefanguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Now you are throwing concepts out there that don't lead
to freedom. I always exit a conversation once that
starts happening.

edit on 11-12-2013 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

Once you watch the human body act as a part of another
beings reproductive cycle, it changes your perspective
forever.

By 'another being' you mean the soul/tulpa/earth-field?

there IS this mammoth loving power that we float within.

Yup. Maybe it floats within us too. Maybe that's why people get glimpses of it, and in turn it gets glimpses of us.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Interesting OP and thread.
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Yes and yes.

The reason that most people don't understand the lifecycle part
of 'hatching a soul' is that very few people ever finish hatching
one. If you really go to town feeding and nurturing the little
beast, it definitely gains a very vigorous life of it's own.

What fascinated me was the movement of my skull plate sutures
when junior wanted to leave; for a 'spiritual entity' that's
a pretty physical thing to have happen.

I've heard stories over the years, that especially for certain old
yoga masters, that skull plate suture thing was actually a
recorded fact. I'd thought it was some crazy exaggeration
until it happened to me.

KPB

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Hmm. Well, I think I understand a little of where you're coming from. I mean, an old water god snuck into my body and grew. In hindsight I think it might have 'hatched' during my car accident in October. That's very speculative, I know. I blacked out on the interstate. I don't remember any of it. My car was totaled, I was lucky to survive, lucky no one was hurt.

On the other hand, I know what its like to BE hatched. I floated in the womb of the Mother Goddess and grew.

Maybe this is a two-way street.

edit on 11-12-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I think the point here is that humans are not so monolithic,
static, and composed of the same tired old components
in the same tired old ways.

Contrary to all the old BS, we are a bit of a mystery yet,
and rather than prattling on about some brain dead
theory and calling it 'done', we should research what
we are, and be content with much more fluid boundaries
until we know better.

KPB

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

perhaps a misunderstanding, perhaps not

I appreciate you disagreeing with me

and in conversation its a give and take, I dont mind if you disagree

I disagreed earlier when you mentioned meditation wasn't particularly fruitful on the path to freedom

thank you for your response

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

The only reason I responded like that, is that you were expounding
the common view that our 'higher selves' or 'buddha's' are 'just
us in the future'.

While this could be correct, it is an act of 'defining the self / higher self'
which is in fact the entire reason the human race is in the feces hole
that they have placed themselves in. This thread was about avoiding
the minefield of 'spiritual experience'.

Now, I'm just as prone about doing 'what if's' as anyone.. in fact I did
one myself, the old "what if aliens have us trapped in hell what if"
just to see how you'd respond.. and in that one you dodged the trap
and answered pretty well.

However of course you never answered the question.. it's a hard
question to answer correctly. Even if you answer the question
'correctly' you wind up getting yourself in trouble on either the
front end or the back end. I'ts one of those 'are you still beating
your children' type of questions.

So no need to stiffen up; just so you know, I do not in fact 'endorse'
any of my 'buddies' 'positions'. Not anybody's. Not you, not BlueMules,
or anyone's. Even if someone were to mimick what I write and feed
it back to me I would not 'endorse it'. I won't even endorse 'my own'.

When talking about finding freedom, it's such a narrow path.. you
can study spirituality your entire life and never find that narrow
path.. never even realize that you are in fact trapping yourself
with all your might, and in fact have never had a legitimate and
usable spiritual thought in your entire life.

Anyway.. thanks for your participation. It's obvious that you are
sincere and don't just take the BS hook like and sinker. KUTGW.

KPB

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I think the key here is understanding that each being has their own way of connecting to the divine via whichever symbolism / words that resonates with each being.

There seems to be a lot of attempting saying things as fact when really are just opinions or people's individual spiritual responses. A lot of muddying of the waters.

Clarity is quintessential to spirituality and I strongly feel it is more an experience that is greater than words. Almost as the most intense connection is the truest sound and the wordiness is like white noise surrounding the truth.

Seeking the truth and connecting in the truest way is essentially being in tune with the divine.

www.elephantjournal.com...

Everything begins with a seed. The ancient scriptures describe this seed, or bija, as sonic in origin. They paint mystical pictures of a primordial sound from which the entire cosmos sprung. They see planets, stars and galaxies magically strung together by sonic frequencies. Even quantum physics has now discovered this unified and underlying field of dynamic vibrations upon which all life floats.

Our physical universe thus has an intrinsic musical quality to it. At an atomic level, everything is dancing and making it’s own “music,” vibrating at different sonic frequencies. There are sounds that either further our entrapment in the transitory world, or sounds that liberate us from it. In Yoga we attune ourselves to the liberating, or divine frequencies in the universe. And through our Yoga practice we can play our part in the symphony of sacred sounds.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Thanks, and I understand by avoiding the spiritual minefield, it is true that one must be very careful in what words are uttered when holding a position of responsibility to the shaping of another's reality and perception, which we all hold a hand in doing, just some are more active nodes with the output

Clarification: the future as I see it, when talking in future self, is rather a line that goes out from now and loops back into the now, so rather than a static construct that exists out there in the future, its more like a malleable shadow that is illusive as it does not so much exist by itself as it does as more of a reflection and refraction of the present

Recently the crow has visited me, a refreshing visit after disconnection and a self attempt to build off of the unsteady burnt down remains, so instead what I pursued was emptying my domain, cutting down the remaining carcass and throwing it out

Knowing nothing became my safe haven, away from all the chatter of constant building and measuring and rechecking, knowing nothing and accepting that is quite refreshing in itself

I get what you mean by 'grokking'

much like krishnamurti said, it is like staring at a clock, and your awareness knows you are staring, seeing, there it is, what is IT though? Mind has not yet categorized, until you need it to, until you need to collapse the possibility and know that the clock says an exact time

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Thanks for your input.

KPB

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Your doing a great job, words are messy and im not endorsing! or am I!! is it really yours to endorse? Ill start again.
That which started the thread and may be the same source that continues it had created a really good finger pointing at the moon, along with that a few more fingers have turned up that seem intent on keeping away from the Chinese finger trap! Those (that) who hate those fingers have decided the best course is to ignore those fingers and not counter attack as an easy battle plan has not surfaced yet! Or even better this fire called thread will burn you in ways unknown. hugs to all.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

The woman in the red dress has been throwing an entire planet at me since birth. I laugh.

Thanks for your reply.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join