It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptists ‘booking flights’ for Johannesburg to protest Mandela’s funeral

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Well it is another day, and still no updates on the Westies trip to South Africa...

Have they been hacked into pieces yet?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Hate plus hate equals what?

So next time they picket a funeral shower them with love.

Perhaps they thrive on the negative energy, the outrage fuels them.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies, If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others?

Do we become like them when we speak and wish them harm?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

When all you do is spew hate, your bound to run into someone with even more hate.

Karma is a b***h.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Battleline

When all you do is spew hate, your bound to run into someone with even more hate.

Karma is a b***h.

and that's the way of the world, cycles of hatred.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Hyperbole, I most devoutly hope... 'cause someone burning isn't something to cheer, or entertaining.

Been there, done that, and the nightmares to prove it.

Hopefully, should they actually do this, someone will have the intelligence God gave a gnat to detain them at the airport, and put them right back onboard back to the U.S.

Africa has seen, and will see, enough death on its own, doesn't really need any help.

Protest is one thing...courting suicide by mob is quite another. Go martyr yourselves somewhere else, folks.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Sshhhhhh! Don't tell them!

Let them show up and protest. I would love... love to see how the WBC members get on with a very passionate, very emotionally distraught and very un-American people like South Africans for protesting Mandela and his passing.

Please.. let them go.. Cos they won't ever go home alive!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

edit on 10-12-2013 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

I feel violated and guilty for giving them any attention at all, because thats what they thrive on.

But i want help them get there to face their destiny and i know they have a lot of cardboard
just cut along the dotted lines,fold ,repeat and add fuel

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
...please explain to me how this would be, in any shape, fashion, or form, a good thing?

We despise Westboro's coven of hatred for what they espouse. ...and rightfully so.

So instead of doing something about it ourselves, we want a mob of distraught South Africans who should be mourning a great man, to do it for us?

Really?

Is that what we've come to? Vigilante justice by proxy? Really?

There are times that I'm actually ashamed to be American. ...and that doesn't happen very often.

Pitiful, folks. Well and truly pitiful.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Its irrelevant if people in the states would want them to come to harm,if they go over there and insult the revered Mandela then they are going to get beaten by people who most likely have never even heard of westboro. westboro is a product of religious righteousness and religion has always thrived on violence to get its message of peace across. The only peaceful solution is to ignore them which is what i should have done ,but i am guilty even now by replying and posting on this thread.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Ignoring them is exactly what we should be doing.

In their little world of hatemongering, any press is good press. It brings other little haters, and rubes, into their clutches. Money, money, money...

But gleefully hoping that harm comes to them? How does that make us better than them?

Can anyone give me an answer to that?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I'd say he just said this to in flame. He isn't going to go some place where lawauits won't really protect them.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I wouldnt take pleasure in seeing physical harm come to them ,as they do have young children in the frontline sometimes.But i would like to see the younger westboro members minds opened to other alternative ways of thinking instead of following their so called leaders without question

There is a most excellent documentary by Louis Theroux ,where he spends time with them without any anger and does just that.Its an hour long but well worth a look
documentarystorm.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

seagull
reply to post by 12voltz

In their little world of hatemongering, any press is good press. It brings other little haters, and rubes, into their clutches. Money, money, money...

But gleefully hoping that harm comes to them? How does that make us better than them?

Spot on. By giving them the attention they crave we are the ones empowering them. While ignoring them isn't very likely to make them go away, at least not very quickly it is the metaphorical equivalent of removing the scent glands from a skunk. It's still around and will occasionally try to spray you but it becomes rather harmless and docile over time. The way I see it is that when I enlisted in the army I was me of those fools who believed they were helping support and defend the constitution, thus in my mind I fought bled and buried my friends so that even fools like WBC or the KKK would have equal opportunity to express their views and opinions as outlined in the 1st amendment. My rationale for being OK with their belligerent rants and protests is that they dig themselves in a little deeper every time they open their mouth. In fact I believe that this has worked rorke or less over the past several years as children and grand children of Fred Phelps have been fleeing in droves and there doesn't seem to be any influx of new blood to replace them. Eventually, as its a fairly Incestuous church, there won't be any family members left you fully embrace the radical hate preached by "Reverand" Phelps. WBC is little more than a toothless old guard dog who still barks to get our attention.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies, If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others?

Instead of showering them with love, why don't we shower them with feces!

Just give them back exactly what they are spreading to the world!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

I'd never show people like them love, unless they changed their attitudes. I wouldn't hate them though, I wouldn't hate anyone exactly. I understand that they are surely misguided, and have some pretty screwed up priorities.

Although, people like that, in my opinion, are the lowest of the low. People who spew hate for hates sake that is. I would probably even rank them even lower than a murderer or a rapist. People like that are the ones who keep different groups of people on edge towards each other. And further the separation of our species.

So, I would not show them any love at all. But as I said, I wouldn't hate them. I would just be doing the same nonsense they are.

You also have to consider that loving, or hating them would be a catch 22 situation. If you hate them, they'll step up their hate, and throw it back at you, then it goes back and forth. And if you show them love, they will think that your on their side, and it would just influence their campaign even more. So doing either or wouldn't be the best strategy. A better solution would be to simply ignore them. People like that thrive on reaction. And if nobody is there to even recognize them, their basically just talking to a wall. It may not be the best method, but it would be better than loving or hating them.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Yet another day... And still I await the word...

Have the Westies been hacked to pieces in South Africa yet?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

IamKels

I'm from South Africa and I have a question:

Are these Baptist folk white?

If so, consider the following:
These white people are going to come to South Africa and protest at the funeral of the man who freed his people from the Apartheid regime...
Aiiiii, good luck to them...

Yes, technically, I think most (all?) would be considered "white."

However, most of those members I've seen speak show some clear suggestions of, uh, "genetic abnormalities", shall we say? (Not to suggest "generations of selective inbreeding.) So, racial characteristics may not be as clear-cut as all that ...

Anyway, their motivations are pretty much incomprehensible - protesting at Mandela's funeral is right in-line with their history of spectacularly inappropriate and hateful activities.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

seagull
reply to post by 12voltz

I agree with everything you said - yet, I'm pretty sure these people would, given the opportunity, gleefully light the ovens to burn those who don't agree with them. They certainly push the notion of "free speech" to its ugly, bitter limits. They make it dreadfully hard to live up to those ideals ...

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

EvenParanoidsHaveEnemies
Yet another day... And still I await the word...

Have the Westies been hacked to pieces in South Africa yet?

They were never really planning to go.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join