It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptists ‘booking flights’ for Johannesburg to protest Mandela’s funeral

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I hope those idiots get granted Visas to enter South Africa to preach their misguided brand of hatred they will find themselves in a country where black and white alike will beat down their pampered American asses for daring to voice their vile hatred....

The groups of black people and white people in South Africa are not exactly united but they will damn sure come together to deal with these moronic individuals...

there is enough racism and tension in the region without them adding to it...

If it was up to me these people wouldn't be allowed a bus pass never mind a passport..

edit on 9/12/2013 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/12/2013 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
If we can't have world peace for Christmas, this is a fabulous runner up option.

Dear WBC:

Please, go commit mass stupidicide in South Africa. Your country will thank you graciously for it.
No, we won't miss you any, really. Need airline tickets? We can crowdfund that in an hour or less!

Signed,
-- skeptical of your ability to grow balls, but hopeful

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
They're not buying tickets to SA.

They never show up at most of the places they announce they are going to.

At this point all they have to do is just say they are going to picket and they get the attention they want.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I absolutely agree. My dad acted on pure ignorance for what it was like to be one of those groups that he so frequently made jokes about. He didn't connect the act of a joke with being of any harm when it actually did make that employee feel pretty bad. He figured that, because the guy was getting paid better than the other employees, that the employee knew that he wasn't serious and he didn't think one iota further than that. I'm personally very glad that that employee sued him for racial discrimination because it basically forced my dad to realize that words do actually hurt. He would agree with you, too. Like I said, he felt pretty bad and said it was a deeply humbling experience.

The point is that someone can not be racist in certain things (dad did not use skin color as a determinate for pay--not discrimination) but can still engage in racist behavior (dad told racist jokes). Some people are just dumb arses when it comes to how what one says can make others feel. It's probably hard to imagine, but at one time, it was more socially acceptable to make cracks about minorities without social retribution and it's the old guys that seem to have the hardest time of breaking out of that habit.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Beautifully phrased. Bravo.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
More quotes from the dead guy most people know nothing about.

www.wnd.com...

Such a sweetheart he was.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
regardless of ones feelings toward Mr Mandela it would amuse me greatly
to see those fools go there.

They don't F*K about in SA i predict the instant they open there mouths
the crowd will defiantly kick the snot out of them and may even kill them
as for the SA police they would probably stand and watch.

it would be tantamount to going to the Vatican and slagging off St Peter!
there are some things regardless of your world view that you just dont do.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

ketsuko
Maybe the S. Africans will take care of them for us. Good riddance!

If they're too ignorant to understand that they can get killed, that's not our problem.
. Precisely. Perhaps they will win this years Darwin award and rid the human genome of some substandard genetics?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If they don't get killed, how can we get them on the Terrorist Watch List so they can't come back into the country.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Any update on the Westies going to the funeral?

Have they been hacked to pieces yet?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'm a Christian but I'm not a religious nut, I don't get why that church is always talked about so much.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Kaboose

I'm a Christian but I'm not a religious nut, I don't get why that church is always talked about so much.

The same reason that Lady Ga Ga is talked about so much...

For doing really stupid crap.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I wonder if when Fred dies, will non-WBC people picket his funeral? How would WBC feel about it?
edit on 9-12-2013 by KyoZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaboose

I'm sorry is this a serious question?

they picket funerals of soldiers saying thank god they died, they picket and harass the LGBT community and so forth

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

KyoZero
I wonder if when Fred dies, will non-WBC people picket his funeral? How would WBC feel about it?
edit on 9-12-2013 by KyoZero because: (no reason given)

Make signs that say "God Hates Phelps"

Then again, I don't feel qualified to decide what God hates and doesn't hate....

Maybe instead we could protest at his funeral with signs about stuff we all like. Like:

"I like roller-coasters"
"I am a Doctor Who fan"
"The chick standing next to me is really hot"
"I like making signs"

... and so on.

That would actually be so fun that I might do it.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I hope they go there and protest......lol...they won't make it out alive. South Africa will be doing us a BIG time favor!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
HAHA FINALLY THE SCUM OF THE EARTH are going somewhere they will get dealt with.. i say give them free flights, so hopefully they all get sprayed as soon as they arrive at the airport.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
These people are desperate for attention, but REALLY.
Look, i'm sure we all have different opinions on Mandela, all the same, i lived in Joburg for 3 years, people there give him a godlike status.
You just have to go to the Sandton mall to see a huge statue of him standing there.
So i say let them go, hell, we can finance the trip, it's likely to be a one way kind of thing though...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Westboro Baptists ‘booking flights’ for Johannesburg to protest Mandela’s funeral? Yes please go for it! I hope they are booking one way tickets though.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Wow, that's pure comedic gold.

I hope those dumb-dumbs end up going there. Hopefully the S. Africans crucify those fanatic nut jobs. Maybe they'll feel like martyrs, and won't even care.

South Africa is a whole other place. If you go into town messing with their newly dead beloved leader, you better look out. If they get hurt in the process, or maybe even die, I wouldn't care one bit. I'm getting tired of people perpetuating hate. Their one of the root causes as to why humanity STILL hasn't fully come together under the same umbrella. And I usually try not to condone violence, but people like this, would just be asking for it. They've been going around making multiple peoples lives more miserable. Who the hell goes to a funeral and protests at it? And in their minds, they think that homosexuality or promiscuity somehow results in the death of soldiers, or even celebrities. Such as how the Fast and Furious star Paul Walker died, they vowed to picket his funeral also. Come on man...

People like that make Christianity look bad. Religion in general also I may add. They ought to look at that Jesus character they are so fond of. Because he surely didn't want people spewing hatred to the masses. In fact, it was the complete opposite. These people really have some interesting priorities. And it appears they are just going around being trolls. And it amazes me that these people don't take seriously how many people really dislike them. I don't think I've ever seen anyone defend them while the subject was brought up.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join