It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptists ‘booking flights’ for Johannesburg to protest Mandela’s funeral

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
reply to post by Advantage

I was going to say that a necklaced Fred Phelps would be an interesting image.
As much as detest him and his group I cannot wish death on anyone.
Mb a little asswhooping might put the fear of God in him though.

As far as the WBC goes, I would suggest that that the strengths of their convictions only extend as far as American Constitutional protections exist. I would be seriously surprised if any one of them included martyrdom in their playbook. But, you know...have at it guys!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
I don't think Fred knows that he's actually putting his people in DANGER if he allows them to do this.

In a series of deliberately-provocative Twitter posts, the church says it is buying plane tickets to South Africa and is hoping to coordinate with South African police while they stage a protest at the funeral, citing Mandela’s divorce and remarriage as evidence of damnation.

Source

South Africa is not America, nor is it like any other place that allows these fools to run their mouths. There is a REAL chance that crowds of people will simply attack these protesters for spitting on the name of their greatest leader.

~Tenth

This is all lies Westboro doesn't give hoot about south Africa, well they don't give a hoot ahbout anyone actually. But they wont fly to South Africa that is just a lie.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Ha. And meanwhile, we 'communists' are staying home and paying our respects to the man. We're just such bad people, aren't we? *cough*

edit on 8-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

ChesterJohn
This is all lies Westboro doesn't give hoot about south Africa, well they don't give a hoot ahbout anyone actually. But they wont fly to South Africa that is just a lie.

Of course they don't. They just want the attention. They're a group of children.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

where's a rendition flight when you need one

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You can be sure that several of the "protesters" will mysteriously vanish.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Westboro Baptist, the so-called Christians are extremely 'Extremists'.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box. – Italian Proverb
edit on 8-12-2013 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What an unpleasant bunch. Just for mouthing off, they should be helped on their way. It's the Christian thing to do right?
Don't give much for their chances over there though!

edit on 8-12-2013 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Grabs some popcorn and a seat.
This ought to be good.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Any updates on this?

Have the Westboro morons been hacked to pieces in South Africa yet?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Let them go I wanna see Fred Phelps and the rest on fire!
Just imagine them running right by The US Embassy with a mob right behind them.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Sounds to good to be true. I don't think they will go.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
As someone living in SA, I say good luck to these guys.

I do not think they have any idea what they are getting themselves into. If they are trying for a publicity stunt, they will fail very hard. If they think a few of them will have any influence at all at this funeral, they will fail hard. I cannot believe these guys are so stupid, to risk their lives, for some publicity. Shows me how desperate they are.

Emotions will be running high during this funeral, and there will be tens of thousands of people, saddened by the death of a great man in the history of SA. 99 percent of the people there wont' even know who these WBC are. For them it will be a bunch of white folks being super disrespectfull to their late leader.

It can only result in tragedy.

vvv
edit on 9-12-2013 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: typo typo

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Just checked their website (I hate visiting it) and no mention of them off to SA, they are going to picket the Golden globes, a bunch of churchs and a Kanye West concert.
Either a hoax or they chickened out.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

someone explain to me why these people aren t on a no fly list, the moment they spewed their first hate publically ?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I agree, and because we will only have to buy one-way tickets, it wont be too expensive!

This is a great idea and we can only hope that Fred goes through with it and takes his whole #ed-up family with him.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
If this goes any further than Twitter bravado then anyone who goes to SA to protest is very likely to end up DEAD. These people worship Mandella and are used to violence being a part of their lives, they won't take these people lightly.

SO what do you do as the US government, (I have not had time to read all the thread so please excuse if its been answered already) do you block them from going and give them all the press they want and then some or let them go...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I think its fair to say that if they do go ; nothing will happen to them as the South African people as a whole have shown themselves to be some of the most tolerant people on Earth.

Although the media would have you believe Mandela is some kind of saint...not a lot changed for you in SA if you were poor and black...even when the people "in charge" came from similar backgrounds.

Against the backdrop of what has happened in a relatively short period of time in SA, this is nothing but a fringe sideshow and will be treated as such.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Can't anyone else see that this is nothing more than a stunt to produce news headlines and draw attention to WB? I will be the first to admit that these goons are due for a good ass kicking or all out extinction and while I would love to jump on the soapbox and tell you how stupid these people are, I'm afraid that's not the case. If they were going to protest Mandela's funeral it is highly doubtful they would advertise purchasing plane tickets, they would just DO it. They know full well that if they were to follow through, if they got lucky they would be run out of the country so fast it would make their heads spin, but more realistically they would be dismembered burned before they had a chance to get out of the country. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

PUBLICITY STUNT.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

ketsuko
Maybe the S. Africans will take care of them for us. Good riddance!

If they're too ignorant to understand that they can get killed, that's not our problem.

This would be my hope after they mock my Country Scotland after the Helicopter Crash!!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join