It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptists ‘booking flights’ for Johannesburg to protest Mandela’s funeral

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by squarehead666

Well, maybe you can come over here from the UK to teach all of us a few things, I'm sure the UK, as a country, is running perfectly... Btw- you're welcome for WWII

And take a deep breath, you're too angry...
edit on 8-12-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Oh how original.....I'm not going to insult the brave men of the US armed services in WWII by saying they did nothing, that would be a ridiculous lie, but the fact is that Russia did most of the dirty work.

However my point now seems to be well made.....You are now viewing me as a 'Brit' in general and getting quite cross about some of the things I'm saying, which is quite naturally stirring up a bit of fairly generic 'anti-British-rhetoric'.

This should demonstrate how the US as a whole will be perceived if you let these raving lunatics go and insult a brave and noble man, at his funeral, in his home country.....So no, it's not SA's responsibility to keep them out, it's yours, if you have any decency or pride left.
edit on 8-12-2013 by squarehead666 because: S&P

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I'm not going to babysit citizens of my country, just like I don't expect you to babysit citizens of yours...

Would you be satisfied if someone approached them (WBC) prior to departure and shot them all dead? Here in the US we have free speech, and with that free speech you will occasionally come across people who will say things you won't like. If everyone killed anyone who ever said anything offensive/rude/totally inappropriate, I'm sure there would be no one left. Once a person leaves the country and enters another they are under those countries set of rules/regulations/laws, if the WBC acts inappropriate and gets "what's coming to them" over in SA then that's their problem, not ours.
edit on 8-12-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Yes, that might work as well. You are really angry, you might want to start up some meditation, or workout harder to burn off some of that excess aggression. Now, I won't stoop to your level and toss out insults, so have a nice day then.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Bunch of racist white folks going to a post-Mandela South Africa? Problem should sort itself.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You completely missed the point there didn't you fella?

You have a nice day too.....I thought my insults were fairly well crafted, though one was a fairly obvious rip off of George Carlin, but seriously.....Nothing personal.

Maybe go back, re-read it all and have a good think about it, eh?
edit on 8-12-2013 by squarehead666 because: Clarity

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Racists? I heard they were antigay obviously, but I never heard about them being racists as well. Anyways, these people are real life trolls. Maybe people should just ignore them, stop putting them on the idiotbox and in the newspapers etc etc. Of course we all know the idiotbox and MSM in general exists to keep up angry and in fear, so that is not going to happen anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Oh my hat, that headline was actually so surrealistically funny...

I can just picture the scene.
The elite cars going passed their little protest, and then masses and masses of singing and chanting people completely swamping them.

According to our freedom of speech laws in SA they could come, depending on what's written on their posters.

We have laws against incitement and hate speech, but that's usually saying that some group should be harmed or killed.

If they just come with posters that say: "Nelson Mandela will burn in Hell, because he was a divorced adulterer", that's not really hate speech.

However, I think the safety and lives of other people and law enforcement should also be considered.
Due to foreseeable disruptions, I'd guess they would be denied entry into SA.
But who knows?

edit on 8-12-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Now we're getting there.....Not letting them on aircraft would be a good idea too!

They're demonstrably lunatics, therefore it could be reasonably argued that they represent a danger to the aircraft and it's passengers.....At least until after Mr. Mandela's funeral.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I have no love for Nelson Mandela but no one should have their funeral attended by protestors. It's poor form at best and Darwin Award-making at worst. And the Westboro "trolls" is exactly right. Maybe if we all put them on "ignore" and call the news stations to tell them we're sick of hearing about the trolls, these people will just go away.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
kerry will let them in.

obama and bush will be there tues.

this ought to be interesting.

lol!!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I sincerely hope they are just kidding, slapping their sides, chuckling at their silly little joke... Because if they're not... Well let's just hope their wills are in order...

This was Mandela's inauguration as president looked like at the Union buildings in 1994:

And this is what a typical ANC rally looks like (the amount of people not the scene itself):

And the funeral is going to attract thousands and thousands more than that... All of them there to pay their respects to their hero... Now imagine the small group of WBC protesters disrespecting these people's hero in the midst of this sea of emotionally charged people...

And we laughed and laughed and laughed.
edit on 8-12-2013 by Gemwolf because: Clarity

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Oh wow, they're really going to do this?
Absolutely sick, disraceful group of losers
Hopefully they'll get much rougher treatment than they do in the USA, either get a serious whooping or get thrown in jail for a few years.

They need to realize that outside their little bubble there is a big world and that big world doesn't tolerate the kinds of things they say.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well, at least he'd be deserving of their ire seeing how this "hero" is nothing but a child murderering terrorist. Also, S.A., please keep the Westboro church. It's a gift from us to you. Do with them as you may.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

If they went through with this, they would not get a whooping, or be thrown in Jail, a simple fact that they would be strait up murdered where they stood, and the police would not be able to do a thing about it, even if they wanted to. The last thing they want to have to deal with right now, is providing "protection" for a bunch of ignorant white American tourists, even if they could, or would be inclined to.

I am not saying I want this to happen, just stating fact, if they go, they will not last 20 seconds, there will be no discussion or too and fro theological debates and rants like you see in the US. No, this could only end one way.

Who ever it is, and whatever their opinions, it would be a stupid waste of life, and life in parts of SA is very very cheap.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

Thing is,if they Had to really come here,they would most likely die-and in the process stir up more racial stress.I think,being local,that other South African members may agree with me,in my concern about this,that a lot of South Africa's black population may see this firstly+primarily as white people disrespecting some one they hold sacred.For me,a white South African,whose childhood and teenage years was lived against the backdrop of apartheid,the states of emergency,the bombings,the Border War etc, he has played an enormous part in my life and past too.In my early 20's,i was stopped +questioned by police during those years,for going out at night with colored friends from the adjacent neighbourhood.I lived through the change into the new regime,and have always gotten along well with people of all races,and my kids have always had good friends from other races and religions,longtime friends.

But thousands of white South Africans have been murdered in the past 20 years during criminal acts incl.rape,armed robbery,car hijackings,home invasions,burglaries,etc-aside from the thousands of farmers.The LAST thing we need,and MOST ESPECIALLY at such a sensitive and raw time for my country, are these effing demonic clowns!

Imo,the US government,being(hopefully) up to speed on the situation in my country,would be criminally negligent to allow these citizens of Theirs to fly to another country -citizens of Theirs,whom has the potential to incite what could result in many deaths,not just for themselves,but for many innocent citizens of Another country.And in the worst possible taste-what an embarrassment for the US.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I'll chip in $5 to send these lunatics on their way! And hopefully they'll never come back!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

If they really do that, it most likely be their last protest, and may not come home at all, never!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I know it against T&C but couldn't we collect the cash for them and pay their tickets?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
They site his divorce as the cause for his damnation. lol

Their protest could only occur far away from the general goings on, otherwise they would literally be squashed, never mind any violent intent. On the out skirts, there are plenty of people black and white who may take serious offense and take out the tyre iron.

I would urge these folk to stay well away.
The police will not protect you, in fact

New footage appears to suggest that South African police opened fire on striking miners - killing 34 - without provocation

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join