It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptists ‘booking flights’ for Johannesburg to protest Mandela’s funeral

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Typical cowardly bloody septics.....Expecting the South Africans to do what they should have done years ago.

If the yanks had any guts these people wouldn't be going anywhere or insulting anybody.....Let alone insulting the national hero of a nuclear armed nation that is also the regional superpower and the US' only real ally in the region.

Americans should be utterly ashamed, not making silly bloody jokes about what 'the natives' might do.....Frankly I'd hope to see the South Africans break off diplomatic relations with the US if this crass insult to the founder of their nation is allowed to take place.

It won't be too long before US citizens won't be able to set foot outside their country without fear of assault (and/or arrest and indefinite detention without trial).....There is literally no nation on the planet that has not been offended, betrayed, deceived or outright attacked by America, but remember folks what goes around, comes around.

And it's coming.....

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
What good does protesting a funeral do anyway? Isn't protesting done to try to get things to change? Cant change dead....

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
i for one would like to help them buy the tickets, they think the sa police are going to help them coordinate..lol
they will get slaughtered..lets get this show on the road

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

squarehead666
Typical cowardly bloody septics.....Expecting the South Africans to do what they should have done years ago.

If the yanks had any guts these people wouldn't be going anywhere or insulting anybody.....Let alone insulting the national hero of a nuclear armed nation that is also the regional superpower and the US' only real ally in the region.

Americans should be utterly ashamed, not making silly bloody jokes about what 'the natives' might do.....Frankly I'd hope to see the South Africans break off diplomatic relations with the US if this crass insult to the founder of their nation is allowed to take place.

It won't be too long before US citizens won't be able to set foot outside their country without fear of assault (and/or arrest and indefinite detention without trial).....There is literally no nation on the planet that has not been offended, betrayed, deceived or outright attacked by America, but remember folks what goes around, comes around.

And it's coming.....

Some people have tried. The WBC may not have a lot of love amongst the members, but they do have a lot of money. The one thing money can do is buy a lot of good lawyers for assault lawsuits.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

beezzer

boymonkey74
reply to post by beezzer

Why is your bunny face censored?

It offended someone in a PC thread.

Crikey, that would have caused me to make a bigger one.

oO

Was it your hat?

As for fred and his merry bag of tools, I say let them go. Then just don't let them back.

It is like christmas for atheists!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by outrider

Then try harder!

This reflects on the US as a whole.

edit on 8-12-2013 by squarehead666 because: clarity

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by squarehead666

This is how they make their money. They make people angry, gst those people to attack them, then sue them. Rinse and repeat. Most people cant afford a multi million dollar lawsuit.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JHumm

My guess is that they are protesting against those who are attending the funeral. They believe the person who has died should not be honored.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

JHumm
What good does protesting a funeral do anyway? Isn't protesting done to try to get things to change? Cant change dead....

its a way of saying "look at me..look at me"
their goal really is to antagonize and draw a reaction

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

outrider

This is how they make their money. They make people angry, gst those people to attack them, then sue them. Rinse and repeat. Most people cant afford a multi million dollar lawsuit.

Crap!

Your country routinely detains people without trial or recourse to the rule of law.....So how about you put some pressure on your government to indefinitely detain these scumbags?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Heh, not my government. I am Canadian. Big difference, of they came up herenrunning their mouths like that they would be thrown in prison for hate speech.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Apologies dude.....I'm really angry about this, the septics seem to think it's just so goddam funny!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

tothetenthpower
I don't think Fred knows that he's actually putting his people in DANGER if he allows them to do this.

In a series of deliberately-provocative Twitter posts, the church says it is buying plane tickets to South Africa and is hoping to coordinate with South African police while they stage a protest at the funeral, citing Mandela’s divorce and remarriage as evidence of damnation.

Source

South Africa is not America, nor is it like any other place that allows these fools to run their mouths. There is a REAL chance that crowds of people will simply attack these protesters for spitting on the name of their greatest leader.

~Tenth

South Africa does us a favor of getting rid of these fools, we do them the favor of sending them more aid.. WIN-WIN!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
US Aid is a curse not a favour you muppet!

Why can't you lot just go back to isolationism and implode quietly without dragging the rest of us down too?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

You sound angry

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Because they are american, and our constitution protects their unpopular speech. It's a simple concept really.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Furious!

reply to post by TKDRL

Then keep them in your country and let them insult your founding fathers.....Leave the civilised world alone.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

squarehead666
reply to post by jhn7537

Furious!

reply to post by TKDRL

Then keep them in your country and let them insult your founding fathers.....Leave the civilised world alone.

For a guy who lists his ATS mood at "rational" you seem to be very irrational right now... And calling South Africa civilized is a little odd, especially knowing that South Africa was called the "rape capital of the world" not too long ago...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Americans also have the right to free travel, or whatever is left of it. Don't want them in your country, then it's on you to keep them out, not us.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
OK, fair comment, let's be rational.....New Orleans has twice the murder rate (per capita) of Jo'burg, In Detroit it's only one and a half times as high.

The US practices indefinite detention without trial.....SA does not.

The US has turned imprisoning it's coloured citizens into a full scale industry.....SA doesn't do that either.

Shall we now list the countries invaded by each nation? Or the coups d'état sponsored? Drone strikes maybe?

Want me to go on?

PS - Your much vaunted Constitution should also have protected the rights of Anwar al-Awlaki and more importantly, his son, but it didn't stop your president authorising their execution without trial.

TKDRL

Americans also have the right to free travel, or whatever is left of it. Don't want them in your country, then it's on you to keep them out, not us.

The arrogance displayed in that statement is breathtaking, but the idiocy is about par for the course.....We do have another option, make them feel as unwelcome as they truly are.

Your money's worthless, you eat too much and you talk too loud. Nothing ruins the view at a stately home like bubba-yank & his fat-ass family waddling round in shorts & sandals.....With socks!

edit on 8-12-2013 by squarehead666 because: S&P, Clarity & Added Venom

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join