It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptists ‘booking flights’ for Johannesburg to protest Mandela’s funeral

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I don't think Fred knows that he's actually putting his people in DANGER if he allows them to do this.

In a series of deliberately-provocative Twitter posts, the church says it is buying plane tickets to South Africa and is hoping to coordinate with South African police while they stage a protest at the funeral, citing Mandela’s divorce and remarriage as evidence of damnation.

Source

South Africa is not America, nor is it like any other place that allows these fools to run their mouths. There is a REAL chance that crowds of people will simply attack these protesters for spitting on the name of their greatest leader.

~Tenth

+42 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Maybe the S. Africans will take care of them for us. Good riddance!

If they're too ignorant to understand that they can get killed, that's not our problem.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
They will be ripped apart.
I sure hope they just get a beating but If they do this they better only buy one way tickets.
Morons absolute morons.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Really can't get a handle on these wankers.....is it a case of any exposure is good exposure?

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

(laughing)

You do realize that the Darwin Award has to be awarded to someone, right?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
TBH it will not happen, the south african police will just say nope to them and no way will they do it without police protection.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Why is your bunny face censored?

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
A PR stunt, nothing more. I sincerely doubt they have the stones to try their shenanigans in another country, let alone at the funeral of such a globally-revered man.

Infact, I dare them to go.
I double-dog dare them.

link   
Just when you thought dumb couldn't get any dumber. I foresee a cancellation.

+8 more 
link   

This is a great idea for them.

We should all chip in and wave them goodbye. I'm sure they'll be a reception party on arrival.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

When I saw your title I lol at the image of all of them scurrying about in the office, happy as clams, buying airline tickets and getting all excited about the size of the stage. But the big question is are they just going to protest Mandela's divorce, or are they getting the gay thing mixed up in there somewhere? It is unpredictable how this will turn out, one false move or one hothead in mourning and who knows. Hopefully they just do their screaming and carrying on, and the people take a look and recognize that these are crazy people, and ignore them.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatcoat

They do whatever they think is the most offensive to the most people. Forget what their name makes you think about them in terms of religion. They're at best a cult, and at worst a scam.

I grew up in Kansas where they're based and they picket anything and everything. When the whole picket gay stuff started wearing out, they switched to picketing soldier funerals. Now that the Patriot Guard shows up and blocks them from view, they are apparently looking for something else to get noticed.

It's generally considered bad form to try to use them against the other side in any argument because they are so universally despised.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

About the only possible way they could hit the gay angle is if they try to connect the African AIDS epidemic to it, and that's not necessarily caused by homosexuality but by extremely bad/promiscuous heterosexual practices among the other things.

The lesson to be learned is that unprotected sex with anyone and everyone causes HIV/AIDS epidemics no matter what your orientation is.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I am not proud that I think this way or feel this way . . .

however . . . that may solve a significant proportion of the problem caused by clueless ones who go to that church.

Particularly with the rumors about masses of blacks wanting to end . . . the white's lives in South Africa.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

We should all chip in and wave them goodbye.

Where can we donate plane fare $, to send them on their way?

edit on 7-12-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by Flatcoat

They do whatever they think is the most offensive to the most people. Forget what their name makes you think about them in terms of religion. They're at best a cult, and at worst a scam.

I grew up in Kansas where they're based and they picket anything and everything. When the whole picket gay stuff started wearing out, they switched to picketing soldier funerals. Now that the Patriot Guard shows up and blocks them from view, they are apparently looking for something else to get noticed.

It's generally considered bad form to try to use them against the other side in any argument because they are so universally despised.

Oh they'll get noticed
Running around with flaming tires around your neck usually draws more stares than silly signs. I am completely behind this latest crusade by Westboro. Mainly for the entertainment value. Where do I donate?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by beezzer

It offended someone in a PC thread.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The Westboro Baptist Church - Putting the 'fun' back into funerals since 1955

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

beezzer

boymonkey74
reply to post by beezzer

It offended someone in a PC thread.

It was the licentious stare.. and tongue hanging out. The santa hat just added to the degeneracy.. " come here and sit on Santas lap lil girl.. I gotta present for you!" Its so blatant! Sick Beezer.. just sick.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

A cute bunny in a Father Christmas hat offended someone? how?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join