It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I read this.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
"Civilization is near collapse and the world economy is in chaos. Deadly viruses ravage the earth, terrorism runs rampant. From this maelstrom of violence, and ancient conspiracy bent on world comination emerges from the shadows of legend. No one believes they exist. No one but you"

I just read this on the back of my Deus Ex CD case and though "hold on batman, this sounds familiar".
Maybe not the "near collapse..." part. And maybe not the "world economy" part..... and maybe not the "conspiracy part"! But the terrorism and virus part. Terrorism is more well known now than when i first got this game and i realised how much this world is changing.
I wonder what this place will be like in 500 years? Probably alot like Deus Ex.

The Deus Ex creators were interviewed by IGN.com, and they mentioned how its scary that more and more things in the real world are becoming similar to the game.

I know this game can make ure imagination over-active.... you hear about FEMA and you think "they made SARS, and they're gonna make the vaccine! they're gonna sell the vaccine! AND MAKE BILLIONS!". Well, i didnt think that... but this game is what got many people into conspiracys and crazy things like that. Personally, i see it as a game.... but i am noticing (worryingly) how much this world is changing towards some of the things in Deus Ex.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
lol it does sound more familier and more familier everytime i play it

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Id never even heard of FEMA till that game came out
but wot a game. Maby terrorism is on the up or maby its just because i read the papers & wotch the news more now & when this game came out i was alot younger & didnt pay attention to these things.

I think it was more dangrous when the IRA were blowing things up that was alot closer to home.

As for SARs i aint losing any sleep over it.

When's deus ex 2 out anyone know? that is gonna be good.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I don't know this game. What kind of game is it ? A Doomlike or Command & Conquerlike ?

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
its more doom than c&c but nuthing like either
. Where with doom its kill kill kill Deus ex is the silent kill kind of game. You can hack into security stations control CCTV,gun turrets & ATM machines to get cash etc

If you ever see it its well worth getting.

[Edited on 21-5-2003 by Hellequin]

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
www.planetdeusex.com is the best place for information. DX2 will be out in october.

In Deus Ex, you play an anti-terrorist agent working for the united nations anti-terrorist coalition. The story line is astonishing. i wont ruin anything for you but its the deepest storyline in a game ive ever seen.
The game is a first-person-shoot role-playing game. But theres more... its not just that, its one of those games where its really hard to say its exact genre.
You talk to hundreds of characters in the game. Theres loads of things going on.... such as the NSF (National Secessionist Force) stealing barrels of the vaccine for the grey death (global virus). You can walk around a city and there'll be tramps (or bums or whatever americans call em) walking around. Some of them will be drunk and start singing some national anthem... and tell you how the NSF has changed since they left it etc... some of them will be begging you for the vaccine. Some drug addicts will beg you for a drug called "zyme". you can get information out of people by giving them things ... or doing things for them.
One part that i remember is going to some docking bay and talking to a little kid walking around. He moans about hows hes so hungry.... so give him a candy bar and he'll tell you how he was spying on the NSF taking a big barrel of the vaccine through a locked doorway... then he says "i saw them type the code". then he'll tell you the code. you dont HAVE to get through the door that way... you dont even HAVE to go through the door. its ure choice.... i love how after you've spoken to the kid he says "thanks mister!" "the nanites make my teeth slippery".

Well, doesnt sound so good in text, but if you played this game, ull understand how its such a great game aswell as how small things like that make it such a good game.

theres a MASSIVE story behind the whole lot. ure involved with conspiracys, secret societies, new government inventions etc.

One part that i remember, i found a newspaper on somebodys desk. I read it, and there was ure boss (Joseph Manderly) denying knowledge about the black helicopters that people have been seeing over the city lately.... but you know that he does, because UNATCO use black helicopters to get you around! its crazy.

ive done it again... gone off in a trance of memory. maybe the games just too good.

top topics

join