It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

good vibe v bad vibe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
we are here now its crazy to deny, lets enjoy it but with moral attitudes. everyone is trying to make the world better but have to accept that they must do something that effects others.

or we could just be ignoring the obvious stuck in a system that we need but restricts us, here by chance or other hypothesis.

are we being cheated, is someone playing the game with different rules, or are we progressing into scenarios dictated by the past.

here is now we have to choose how we act.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by guidetube

Unfortunately... not everyone is trying to make the world a better place...

In fact many if not most are in it for themselves... and couldn't care less who they hurt, or what they need to step on to attain their goals...

Born of the flesh Vs. Born of the spirit

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Everyone is trying to make things better for themselves then but I think they work within quite constraint moral guidelines.

Its like economies of scale people in certain positions with certain mind sets.

Do well at what you can but have sound morals.

How are those morals given to us and how do we act: for ourselves, for god, for others, for our beliefs.

We have reached an epiphany off man a place prophesied when the world is one or we have reached the end of a road we cant change...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Neither actually... The world will never be united as one... we are a selfish species

And yet there is no end to it all in sight either...

The world is how it is supposed to be.... full of greed, hatred and violence

Remember... many are called, but few are chosen

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
hi you seem to be arguing the bad vibe, people will be people, don't get involved is redundant rather than hey this is a chance why not embrace.

are people on the same wave length or is the selfishness out of control.

the rebel within wants to see a new system but has a untidy bedroom

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

We're talking about the world are we not?

In general the world is a horrible place... and its not the actual world that is disgusting its the people that live in it...

The world is a perfectly gorgeous place... full of beauty and wonder...

WE screwed it up... Mostly because of corrupt leaders and factions bent on conquering...

its hard to see the light beyond the trees, but every once in a while a soul reminds us there is still hope

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
bad vibe again. the people could be worse, and its a massive struggle for everyone knowing they will live and die by choices made.

where is the cut of between selfish and being thankful?

are we just singing the line or are we making a difference.
edit on 7-12-2013 by guidetube because: sp

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Sorry my friend... You're not going to get fluffy bunnies and lollypops from me...

I save that for the real world as much as possible...

here im just a another cat telling it like it is

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

im more for a good ending than a bad ending no doubt, but what control does anyone have.

accept the negative vibes and embrace the positive.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

guidetube

im more for a good ending than a bad ending no doubt, but what control does anyone have.

We control more then most realise... Every person changes the world every day of their lives...

Positive vibes return positive, while negative vibes return negative...

IF every person was positive in this world, we would have no problems... but most let their wants cloud their judgement.

Love is the key to peace... and the only thing that can destroy hate

So be love

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Hate and Love?
I don't think people fall into such easy categories. We are an incredible feat but not without challenges.
I cant love everything but I can strive for something.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Hate and Love are merely the extremes of the same line...

All the emotions of the spectrum fall between those...

Perhaps A better way to think about it is ... Selfishness VS Selflessness

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Most people are only thinking one dimensionally and emotionally if at all about what they will do. That leads us to a society comprised of "If it feels good, do it" individuals. That kind of lifestyle necessarily makes you tend to be more greedy and selfish.

What do I mean by one dimensional and emotional?

Simply this - One dimensional means that you don't consider beyond surface, simple cause and effect. "I want A or do A, so B ..." Very few people go beyond to consider effects C, D or E and further. This means they often don't stop to think about how their actions might impact others around them for good or ill.

Emotional thinking means that you allow your emotions to rule your judgment and decision making rather than your reason. We all know that it's a bad idea to make decisions based in anger, but making them based mainly on your other emotional impulses is a similarly bad idea and for the same reason. Your emotions make you want to act on impulse and in often ill-considered and poorly thought out ways.

Between the two, you have a lot of people who tend to act selfishly and on impulse. This leads to a lot of hurt, often unintentional, but still hurt being done to each other and ourselves.

Add it all up and you have a world that is a crappy place.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

guidetube

As we were 100,000 years ago we are now. And in 100,000 years time we will be then.

What are you expecting to change RIGHT NOW?

Because it is an illusion that you think we are anywhere other than where we are. Meandering through existence. Evolving into different animals.

Unless they rip our minds out of our skulls and plug us into virtual reality, our animal meat bodies will always require things that only we can have. So we will always have that mentality that we call survival of the fittest.

In our spare time we can look to the sky.. but at the end of the day there are only vibes. not good nor bad..

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Despite the wrongs in the World I think it's clear we are making progress towards an even better one. It always feels like it should come sooner, but baby steps add up. The most important part is believing a better world is possible to begin with. Apathy is the problem.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Hate and Love are merely the extremes of the same line...

All the emotions of the spectrum fall between those…

I think hate and love spring from a similar place in that they are both desires. The opposite of love in my mind is simply the lack of love. Which aligns it more with those that say the opposite of love is indifference. If you're talking about a spectrum of emotion I think you'll have indifference on one side and love and hate on the other.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

The major war going on is entirely mental, imo. The human brain, at least here on Earth, is far more powerful than any wmd.

To go forward in a "good" direction, imo, is really narrowing down what we need to be "intolerant" to, and what we should accept simply as difference. On average we seem to create big issues out of next to nothing.
edit on 8-12-2013 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join