It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was The Cold War a Cover For Black Budget Alien Projects?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Okay, I've mentioned this possibility on a few other threads randomly just to see what other people thought, but I've decided it needs its own thread.

This idea has been running around in my head for a few months now, and I'd love additional input, from people who were in the military during the 50s to the 90s especially, if possible.

Since according to Donald Keyhoe and Richard Dolan's books as well as numerous other researchers, both the US Military and the USSR were not only having numerous sightings of UFOs, clocked on radar at phenomenal speeds, but also came close to outright war several times because of mistaken identities (bogies at high speed coming over the Arctic Circle tend to make Cheyenne Mountain nervous), and were seriously worried that an alien invasion was imminent, what if:

1. Because of retrieval of downed craft(s) there was a need for an extreme expenditure of massive amount of monies in both reverse engineering, as well as all the money needed to keep these projects secret (Dolan surmised that it cost 7-9 times as much just to keep the secrets as it did to conduct the research, build the bases, etc.), and

2. WWII was over and a new boogieman was necessary to blame all the expenditures on, and

3. The USSR had the same concerns,

So what if the Cold War was really a scam to hide the necessary expenditures for reverse engineering, base-building, and the nukes that would have been our (their) only hope for protection against an unknown and very scary possible invasion?

I'm not saying that the people involved in the military were totally fooled into 'fighting the Commie threat'; only that only those at the very highest levels on both sides would have known that the whole thing, or part of the thing, was a ruse.

Comments?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

The simple answer to your question is NO !

The Cold War was real. The Cuba missile crisis was real. The Czechoslovakia uprising was real.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The cold war was a result of the Military industrial complex seeing dollar signs after WW2 and wanting to keep that cash coming.

Oliver stone did a series on Showtime about some of the topics we tend to discuss on ATS, mainly the US history of government conspiracies. He covers a bit on this, how during the cold war the numbers where constantly wrong about things like the "missile gap" which didn't exist. Highly recommend the series if you can find it, it was Oliver stones US History I think.

I agree something was amiss and still is, Is it aliens? I doubt it, I like to lay the blame on something simpler, human greed.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

alldaylong

The Cold War was real. The Cuba missile crisis was real. The Czechoslovakia uprising was real.

The Cuban missile crisis happened because the US put missiles in turkey because of a missile deficit with the Soviets that didn't exist.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

benrl

alldaylong

The Cuban missile crisis happened because the US put missiles in turkey because of a missile deficit with the Soviets that didn't exist.

That's correct. It was just another "Chess Piece" in the game known as The Cold War.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Consider that you have a way of life, governmental and economic, that you feel is the best ever. In the US's case, a democratic republic combined with capitalism.

And the 'other guy' has communism as both.

If you wanted to win philosophically as well as on the ground against the other theory; would amassing thousands of nukes and blowing them off the face of the earth, in the process contaminating global air, water and earth really going to be the way to do it? It wasn't called MAD for nothing.

The only real reason (given they were rational) for nukes would be to fight an unknown enemy with unknown abilities, in an all-out war for survival. Otherwise, just diplomacy and maybe some limited skirmishes seems to be the way to go; certainly not such destructive and expensive weapons that in the end, you can't use them, and you bankrupt your people by building them...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

signalfire
Consider that you have a way of life, governmental and economic, that you feel is the best ever. In the US's case, a democratic republic combined with capitalism.

If you wanted to win philosophically as well as on the ground against the other theory; would amassing thousands of nukes and blowing them off the face of the earth, in the process contaminating global air, water and earth really going to be the way to do it? It wasn't called MAD for nothing.

The only real reason (given they were rational) for nukes would be to fight an unknown enemy with unknown abilities, in an all-out war for survival. Otherwise, just diplomacy and maybe some limited skirmishes seems to be the way to go; certainly not such destructive and expensive weapons that in the end, you can't use them, and you bankrupt your people by building them...

The nuclear bomb was developed and manufactured by America, Britain and Canada to accelerate the end of WW II
I know sometimes the truth is less romantic but that is the real reason why the bomb was constructed.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
it is all about keeping people in jobs read the report from iron mountain you have to keep the sheep occupied and fed but they are hiding something from the public but it is manmade

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

alldaylong

signalfire

The nuclear bomb was developed and manufactured by America, Britain and Canada to accelerate the end of WW II
I know sometimes the truth is less romantic but that is the real reason why the bomb was constructed.

Obviously that's why the bomb was developed. Why did they see fit to produces 10s of thousands of them on both sides? Ones that they knew they could never use against other humans without killing themselves a few days later?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

signalfire

Okay keep all that the same, Now imagine this.

That huge military defense budget (Nukes are expensive), Now imagine all that money being poured into private enterprise.

After years theses companies have unlimited resources as the government continues to spend, they keep buying, so you keep making.

Now these companies have an Unlimited bank roll, They build weapons designed to kill people, How far do you think they would go to protect that income?

Lobby? Sure.

Pay for propaganda through your media arms? Why not.

Manufacture threats? Incite real ones? Who knows, but its something to consider.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

signalfire
I'm not saying that the people involved in the military were totally fooled into 'fighting the Commie threat'; only that only those at the very highest levels on both sides would have known that the whole thing, or part of the thing, was a ruse.

Comments?

Accounts given by some folks at the Disclosure Project have talked about close cooperation of the US, USSR and others .... so your premise could very well have some elements of truth.

If true, the central bankers and military-industrial complex certainly could have co-opted this game to their own ends, resulting in the incomprehensible fascist/authoritarian nightmare that faces us today.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

signalfire

alldaylong

signalfire

Ones that they knew they could never use against other humans without killing themselves a few days later?

You have answered your own question.

That's why it's called a "Deterrent"

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

A 'deterrent' that cost untold billions or trillions over the years? For 30+ years? Even after the insanity of it was obvious to the most obtuse Four Star General?

Versus being possibly terrified of an unknown threat from an unknown planet (or several) with unknown capabilities?

You're thinking in Cold War terms. Think in 'false flag, lies and propaganda for our own purposes' terms...

If the Cold War was a real thing, and only that thing, it might be the first time in living memory that the Pentagon has told the truth about anything.

But yes, it would most definitely be self-perpetuating as an economic investment. I just spent several months down in the San Diego area and that place is dripping with Defense Department money going waaaaay back.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

signalfire

A 'deterrent' that cost untold billions or trillions over the years? For 30+ years? Even after the insanity of it was obvious to the most obtuse Four Star General?

Versus being possibly terrified of an unknown threat from an unknown planet (or several) with unknown capabilities?

You're thinking in Cold War terms. Think in 'false flag, lies and propaganda for our own purposes' terms...

If the Cold War was a real thing, and only that thing, it might be the first time in living memory that the Pentagon has told the truth about anything.

But yes, it would most definitely be self-perpetuating as an economic investment. I just spent several months down in the San Diego area and that place is dripping with Defense Department money going waaaaay back.

The Cold was was also known as "The Arms Race" That's why billions were spent on nuclear weapons. The U.S.S.R. built 100 nukes, so America built 150, then because America had 50 more The U.S.S.R built another 100, that gave them 50 more than America, so America built another 100. And on and on it went, until the 1990's when both sides began to dismantle their Warheads.

That's the way it was. Less romantic but the truth.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

alldaylong

signalfire

The Cold was was also known as "The Arms Race" That's why billions were spent on nuclear weapons. The U.S.S.R. built 100 nukes, so America built 150, then because America had 50 more The U.S.S.R built another 100, that gave them 50 more than America, so America built another 100. And on and on it went, until the 1990's when both sides began to dismantle their Warheads.

And you were told 'that's why' by the MSM, the same people who lied about the Gulf of Tonkin incident, 9-11, who killed Kennedy and all the rest...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

signalfire

alldaylong

signalfire

And you were told 'that's why' by the MSM, the same people who lied about the Gulf of Tonkin incident, 9-11, who killed Kennedy and all the rest...

Let me try and explain it to you another way.

During the days on The British And French Empires, both those countries were the major powers on Planet Earth ( similar to The US and Russia in recent times)
Both Britain and France were in an "Arms Race" to build up their military capability. The only thing that changed in "The Cold War" was the type of weapons being produced. This is nothing new and it will happen again.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Either you're being obtuse or you need to re-read the OP.

I UNDERSTAND ALL THAT. I'm probably older than you, and I've been paying attention the last 50 years or so, so you can skip the history lesson.

The point of this discussion is, was the Cold War really a ruse (unbeknownst to most of the players) for an unlimited budget, to spend on black projects, to enable the building up of an obscene arsenal of last-ditch attempt weapons among other things, and with the real enemy hidden from view rather than right out in the open off Sarah Palin's future porch?

Now if you don't mind I'm going to ignore you, since this part of the discussion is rather pointless, it would seem.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Very easy for you to make a determination. I would guess how you did that with ease was to already have in mind that UFOs don't exist. Therefore, nothing associative need or could apply to the reasons for the Cold War. Just as with world conditions today, some things take the forefront in the hierarchy of what's important and what must be dealt with first hand.

But the UFO situation has been with us for over half a century and dealt with in secret. Since the honest history of UFOs clearly shows an interest by most governments into the phenomena, we should allow that some portion of their thinking and doing over the years encompassed the concept. The first thing after having some semblance of understand the crazy physics of UFOs would be for them to look into replicating those craft. If they had a crashed craft, as seems the case, then they really had an imperative, a duty to do so. After all, could we have the Russkies develop their own versions before us, and would they respond any differently?

I posted a comment a couple of days ago about somewhere in my old, messy, files is a clipping from an magazine of about 1962, I think it was a Popular Science issue, an article that said at that time there were fifteen different labs and universities in the US alone that were working on an anti-gravity drive. The article didn't say directly, but there can be little doubt that multiple interest wasn't was driven by the government and industry for finding out the secret of UFO propulsion systems.

If you take away anything, take away that the East and West were in serious competition and if one of them could crack the secrets of how the mysterious UFO fly--forget about making actual contact-- then they could easily figure that they could rule the world. And, in my opinion, if you were to study the appearance of the mysterious triangles over the last 25 years, you will find clues that the US did learn the secrets of anti-gravity/massless flight and have put it into use.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
and they were scamming the people 1952 so if they are not alien who has those disks
edit on 7/12/13 by geobro because: bad vid

edit on 7/12/13 by geobro because: (no reason given)
cannot get vid up
edit on 7/12/13 by geobro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Hey signalfire, I've come across channeled material written in the late 80's early 90's that claims precisely this. What's crazy is that these people wrote over 100 'books' of this channeled material....and the stuff is relentless. It claims to know who killed JFK (he was going to crack down on the CIA black budget programs and source of funding...namely the world drug trade which the CIA were controlling through Mexico and South America, the real reasons for the Cold War....and so on and so forth.

They're called The Pheonix Journals

This is the journal in particular: Space Gate....The Veil Removed
edit on 7-12-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join