It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all the politicians friends?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Everytime i see instances such as Hillary Clinton talking to Bush jr., Bill talking to Bush sr. Bill greeting Bush jr. etc in seemingly friendly conversations, it makes me wonder. Especially when one sees them making hurtful comments about each other
on news stations and then u see them engaged in friendly conversation outside of such instances. Are they acting when they know they're in front of the public eye?
Sorry i dont have any links to show what i mean, maybe someone can post some.
I will try to find some links to show what I mean.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
They hate each others guts......

Being a successful politician means being popular and smiling a lot on camera. It also means knifing the other guy in the back before he gets you.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I suppose you're referring to the Clinton Library opening ceremony. Well, let's see, the US is a peaceful, democratic, prosperous, well-ordered and well-educated nation. So just why wouldn't current and former office holders treat each other with respect when in the same room?

I really don't understand the posting. None of these people are mortal enemies, just people who practice a common trade. You can see the same mutual respect at trade shows, where rival companies may have booths next to each other. What do you expect, a shoot-out?

Its just what it means to live in a civil society. Count your blessings.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
But what if some of those appearing to be against each other are actually working together in something big?

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
From the dedication of the Clinton Library:

BUSH: President Clinton, Senator Clinton, President Carter and Mrs. Carter, President Bush and mother...
... Governor and Mrs. Huckabee, distinguished guests, ladies and gentlemen:
Laura and I are really pleased to be a part of this happy and historic occasion. On this day of dedication, we honor the man from Hope, Arkansas, who became the 42nd president of the United States.
Mr. President, congratulations...

...President Bill Clinton led our country with optimism and a great affection for the American people. And that affection has been returned. He gave all to his job, and the nation gave him two terms.
In the early 1990s, the American people saw a young, well-spoken, relatively unknown governor rise to national prominence, yet for decades here in Arkansas the signs of destiny were clear...
...In the White House, the whole nation witnessed his brilliance and his mastery of detail, his persuasive power and his persistence.

See www.washingtonpost.com...

From Bush I (George Senior):

First, we already knew that visitors would find a uniquely American story of how a young man seized hold of perhaps the most improbable dream that any boy or girl could conceive and through sheer tenacity and gifted intellect saw it realized.
Bill Clinton was born into trying circumstances, but today it can be said he forever remained the man from Hope.
Through his indefatigable determination, not only did he lift himself and his family up, he also went on to touch the lives of millions around the world as president of the United States, giving them hope.
BUSH: Of course, it always has to be said that Bill Clinton was one of the most gifted American political figures in modern times. Trust me, I learned this the hard way.

And Mr. Clinton said:

I don't want to be too political here, but it bothers me when America gets as divided as it was.

I once said to a friend of mine about three days before the election -- and I heard all these terrible things. I said, [B]"You know, am I the only person in the entire United States of America who likes both George Bush and John Kerry[/B], who believes they're both good people, who believe they both love our country and they just see the world differently?"

So, are all the politician's friends? Well, they certainly don't seem to be enemies. If they are, then they are certainly the most blatant of liars.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Ischyros]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
From what I can tell, politics is a lot like WWE. It's all staged fighting, and they already know the outcome of each battle.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
From what I can tell, politics is a lot like WWE. It's all staged fighting, and they already know the outcome of each battle.

Exactly. Brain Washington D.C. is just an Illuminati stage.

new topics

top topics

join