It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power of Personal Discernment.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Who do we look to for guidance and truthful information?

Traditionally we have always looked to the establishment to fulfill this role for us.

What we would call esteemed members of our society , like doctors, judges, scientists , media , politicians and religious leaders , to show us the way, to guide us to the truth.

We have placed their voices upon a pedestal and handed over our authority to their findings, rulings, laws and judgements , dictates and doctrines.

Question 1 :- Hows that working out for us?
2 :- Are we getting the truth from these people?

Lets look at the chain of command in this hallowed structure that we source all our TRUTHFUL information from.

Some would say the Church is the highest source of truthful information and guidance.

Others would say it is the Government that sits at the top of our information heirarchy.

Still others would claim its the leaders of industry that guide us to what we need to know.

Yet others would say there is an overshadowing secret group that control it all.

Well my take is , the Government ( secret and avert ) ,which is influenced by church and corporations , who then dictate the rules, funding and guidlines to the judges, scientists media and last but not least us.

Question 3 :- So what happens if the Government is corrupted

4 :- Who do you believe is the ulimate source of information and truth in our Societial structures today ?

5 :- In which of the above groups , is there not systemic corruption?

So lets us recap:-

We as a society rely upon these individuals to guide us to the truth , not only that we tout them as being the bastions of truth and information.

Question 4 :- Why?

In todays world we have alternative sources of information also and they are the social media networks.

This is the body of humanity expressing what it feels , sees , knows and thinks.

This body of course has all of the above as components of the whole , it has its disinformation and its truth.

The one major difference between the two systems of information discemination is that social media whether truthful or not allows you to choose your truth.

Is it filled with professionals that are in the know ? of course.

Does it have blantant liars ? of course.

Does it dictate what you are allowed to know? No

So with the two types of information sources we have one that is Top down , which filters the truth to the rest of society in a form that they decide you should be aware of.

The other source is Bottom Up and it comes from the uncensored and unrestriced indiviuals of individual members of Society.

The above is the basis on which the disemination of information and truth can be sourced.

Question 6 :- Which of the two above sources fully allows you to use your discernment?

7 :- Who do you believe?

I have put this post together is a effort to challenge the percieved holy grail of our traditionaly sourced information.

These are questions we all should ponder , when we tout any source as the ulimate source of truth and knowledge.

It's time we checked our sources.

edit on 7-12-2013 by Pinkorchid because: typo

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
You're preaching to the choir honey. Everyone knows that authority figures aren't the place to go for answers. Personally, I've never taken stock in what leaders say. I don't think I've ever trusted them and that's probably because the fist President I remember paying attention to was Nixon, and I think we all know that THAT one turned out.

If you want advice and truth, turn to friends and family members. If you don't have that choice, gravitate towards civic organizations that are either privately funded or funded at the local level, and are in the business of helping the less fortunate in whatever capacity. The higher up people get, the more corrupt they usually get, so keep your sources of information and help close to the ground.

People need to stick together. Your leaders aren't going to help you.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

Excellent thread. S & F. Curiosity, and questioning things, even seemingly simple things, and the reasons of how and why, always crucial to survival as an advanced species methinks.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

Question everything - if it's a person, ask yourself "Is this a person who sees someone and, on instinct, feels "what can I do to help this person" - or, on instinct, the person thinks "what can I get from this person".

Any kind of media - look for substantiating media, or documents...

The two things I can't stand are liars and thieves - and the world seems to be full of both.

Question everything....

top topics

join