It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Really Insane Just Happened In Congress, And You Probably Haven't Heard A Word About It

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JWB408

We control term limits.

We have the ultimate power. I don't know why people are so afraid to do the only thing we can do to change this mess.

Vote for anyone, on the ticket that hasn't held office. We have nothing to lose with a completely novice group on the hill. They will have to spend their time learning to do the job they were sent to do and if they don't impress their voters, they are packing to go home by they next election. The most any politician can have is two terms.

We say!

We don't need them to pass a law that will cut off their booty. You do your term, you go back home. No income for life, for selling out your state and country.

No lifetime reward for sucking at the tit of TPTB.

We need to do something really novel. Vote every single one of them off them hill.

Remind your family, friends and other voters, even when at the polls. Send the most needed message.

Your time is up! The people have spoken and we are taking our country back!

If we can't come together and do something as simple as to vote out our enemies, what hope do we have on succeeding with the really tough stuff?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

What to you expect with a GOP congress with a bunch of blue dog democrats.
The American people voted for their own destruction!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

You do understand that most Tea Party people are very strongly against corporate bailouts? In fact, the first series of such were a large motivation for the forming of such groups. Not all elected representatives claiming to be of that ilk have held to their word, but that holds true of most politicians. In fact, you won't find a single real conservative that supports such actions, as they are more in tune with the leanings of the left, philosophically. In terms of how votes go, that's just a matter of pandering to constituents. The left only votes enough to pass, to keep face. But if it took them all, 99 out of a 100 would.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The US congress and senate are organized criminal enterprises…PERIOD!
Including the president.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

saturnine_sweet

You do understand that most Tea Party people are very strongly against corporate bailouts? In fact, the first series of such were a large motivation for the forming of such groups. Not all elected representatives claiming to be of that ilk have held to their word, but that holds true of most politicians. In fact, you won't find a single real conservative that supports such actions, as they are more in tune with the leanings of the left, philosophically. In terms of how votes go, that's just a matter of pandering to constituents. The left only votes enough to pass, to keep face. But if it took them all, 99 out of a 100 would.

I know that you say you're against corporate bailouts but...could you provide me with a list of Tea Party supported representatives who actually voted against this legislation?

Texas has quite a few representatives who ran and got elected as Tea Party reps., yet not a one of them voted against this bill. Go figure!

On the other hand, the list of Democrats who voted against it would be what, 122 members long or something like that? None of whom pandered to, or solicited the support of the Tea Party in any way.

Hardly a glaring endorsement of your alleged anti-corporate bailout mentality of the Tea Party/GOP.

edit on 8-12-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I have a serious question..

Does anyone know of any solutions to this sort of corrupt behavior?

Is there anything that us honest citizens can do aside from writing to our representatives or just plain trying to 'spread the truth'.. I feel as though just sharing this info, vid on a fb page is shouting at the wind.

I really would love to hear any genuine solutions. The first page of responses was filled with very clear explanations of the problem of lobbyists, etc..but what can we do?

The level of corruption is so high that we who are paying attention actually have to turn away out of disgust just so we can live a normal life that isn't filled with a constant frustration at these socio- and psycho- pathic professional liars.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Good luck. This derrivitives scam is in the Trillions is it not? More monopoly money to be printed from the criminal cabal? Ah, the Freak Show, pass the popcorn please.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Swaps Regulatory Improvement Act - Amends the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act to extend the exemption from the prohibition against federal government government assistance to (bailouts of) swaps entities to any major swap participant or major security-based swap participant that is a U.S. uninsured branch or agency of a foreign bank.

Declares the prohibition against federal government bailouts of swaps entities inapplicable to:

1) a foreign banking organization supervised by the Federal Reserve; and

www.govtrack.us.../libraryofcongress

Awe those guys sounds like they just want to make sure our largest creditor(China) doesn't get stiffed!

Got to hand to to them after creating fiat currency that every knows is printed out of thin air they are paying them nothing.

I love it when people fight over fiat currency, and they vilify wall street and corporations so much!

It really is astounding at the hatred some people.
edit on 8-12-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jedimind

IMO, it's gonna take the outlawing of paid lobbying altogether. The entire system of lobbying congressional representatives is really nothing more than legalized bribery and it lies at the very root of the problem.

It's also going to take a reversal of the "Citizens United" supreme court decision and/or legislation that would remove personhood from corporate entities. They are not people and they should not be privy to the right of redressing their grievances before members of congress, despite the fact that they come with bribes in hand.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

DId you even read citizens united ?

First all not all rights were extended to them bloody evil corporations, but who the hell really cares.

Dogma is more important.

Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, 558 U.S. 310 (2010), is a US constitutional law case, in which the United States Supreme Court held that the First Amendment prohibits the government from restricting political independent expenditures by corporations, associations, or labor unions.

en.wikipedia.org...

Paid attention to the last 3 words ?

Labor unions.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

neo96

DId you even read citizens united ?

First all not all rights were extended to them bloody evil corporations, but who the hell really cares.

Dogma is more important.

Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, 558 U.S. 310 (2010), is a US constitutional law case, in which the United States Supreme Court held that the First Amendment prohibits the government from restricting political independent expenditures by corporations, associations, or labor unions.

en.wikipedia.org...

Paid attention to the last 3 words ?

Labor unions.

I think I said that we should outlaw "All" paid lobbying, which would include lobbyist hired by labor unions.

If I'm not mistaken, the constitution states that the "people" shall have the right to redress their grievances with their elected representatives.

In my book, people are born a live birth, they bleed, they cry, they breathe, they drink, they get old and then they die. None of these things hold true for corporations, associations and/or labor unions.

And by the way, just so you know I'm not showing any favoritism here, I happen to be a retired labor union representative and I'm a firm believer that what's good for the goose is also good for the gander.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

One thing I've learned not to ever say is it can't get any worse.
Because it can always get worse. With the economy still reeling
from the last bail outs. Watch how bad things are going to get in
a year or so. We're done as A nation as far as I'm concerned.

PRISON PLANET, HERE WE COME.
edit on 8-12-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I think I said that we should outlaw "All" paid lobbying,

Politicians are lobbyists.

Don't see them being outlawed ever.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jedimind

Clean Up The Hill.

Vote everyone out.

Leave not one person standing.

I don't care if they have been there one year or 50.

It is an important message we have to send.

Don't be fooled. They are not our friends and they don't give a damn about anything, other than the zeroes on their pay paycheck.

We want our country back?

We have to prove we can stand together for something and we have the will to see it through.

If we can't get off our arses long enough to to pull a lever, touch a screen or punch a tab, then we are so sorry of a lot that we deserve to be culled.

May God have mercy on those that did not contribute to this mess and may he make the end swift and breif for those who tried to salvage what is left of our country.

The men and women that sacrificed so much for a dream of freedom from hunger and, slavery. A dream of ownership of self and land, had no idea what kind of nighmare would be birthed from their dreams. Even though they knew well the power of greed and corruption, they didn't plan on those that they reared, taught and died for, would turn traitor or fail to pass on the memory and legacy of the battle or fail to remain vigilant.

We have one last chance. If we don't take hold of what is left of our country, it is the end of the America we have called home. There will be no home for the free, just a graveyard for they brave.

edit on 8-12-2013 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I was just wondering if it has anything to do with New TPP Talks Decried As Most Secretive Discussions Of Trans-Pacific Partnership To Date. The following is excerpt from the linked articular that I felt went and hand in hand with the subject matter of this topic.

'The negotiations have come under increased scrutiny since WikiLeaks published the draft text of TPP's chapter on intellectual property, which will have wide-reaching impact on Internet freedom, access to medicine and copyright protections, if the treaty is approved. President Barack Obama has been pushing for a final Trans-Pacific Partnership text to be readied by the end of 2013, and for it to be "fast-tracked" through the U.S. Congress, although at least 174 members of Congress have said they will oppose the "fast-tracking" of the agreement.' - Connor Adams Sheets of ibtimes.com
edit on 8-12-2013 by MrN0th1ng because: Grammer

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You're confusing people with politicians. And, more importantly, ideologies with politicians. Wait and see what happens to these reps when they're up for reelection, then decide. But I can tell you, everyone I know that identifies as Tea Party is a short step from just burning the banks down and want to do away with the Federal Reserve entirely.

Does it surprise you that the Tea Party has the same difficultly in finding honest politicians as every other party? It shouldn't.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

Ever look at where the derivatives mess began? Here's a hint...it was a big scandal before 9/11, then everyone who could testify suddenly committed suicide, then a couple trillion dollars went missing, then on 9/11, all the records were destroyed.

Now, over a decade later, those same derivatives and securities have been traded and repackaged so many times and in so many ways that no one can really unwind them, and the public has been put on the hook to cover them.

This isn't new, and it isn't really that complicated. A decision was made in 2001 that the fraudulent securities and derivatives of that certain business had to be assimilated into the market as much as possible, else they would literally consume the entire economy. I disagree with that decision, but that's what has lead us to today, more than anything. I expect bailouts were promised in the processes, as well as the lopsided lending practices.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

neo96

I think I said that we should outlaw "All" paid lobbying,

Politicians are lobbyists.

Don't see them being outlawed ever.

Politicians are lobbyist? Really? Just because you say so or what? I hate being the one to break this to you, but you may want to invest in a dictionary.

Politician;

politician |ˌpäləˈti sh ən|
noun
a person who is professionally involved in politics, esp. as a holder of or a candidate for an elected office.

Lobbyist;

lobbyist |-ist| noun
ORIGIN mid 16th cent. (in the sense [monastic cloister] ): from medieval Latin lobia, lobium ‘covered walk, portico.’ The verb sense derives from the practice of frequenting the lobby of a house of legislature to influence its members into supporting a cause.

If anything, the politician is the lobbyee not the lobbyist.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I whole heartily agree. I did not mean to give the impression that things can't get any worse. Just the opposite, I don't even think we have seen the shadow, of the tip of the iceberg.

Unfortunately too many of us Americans have lived a life of abundance. They are clueless to the degree of adversity that lays ahead.

I had a co-worker that was incensed when an unknown lady chastised her child while standing in line at a fast food restaurant. My co-worker's child was acting out because she had to wait in line and kept yelling that she was starving. The elderly lady said to her child, "Young lady you may be hungry, but I doubt that you have ever had a moment in your life when you have actually experienced starvation." My co-worker was outraged and thought the elderly lady had no right to speak to her child that way. Unfortunately, if we don't grab the bull by the horns that child will in her lifetime be able to experience just how right that lady was.

We have no idea what hunger, cold, fatigue and fear really is. We may be quickly on our way to finding out.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

saturnine_sweet

You're confusing people with politicians. And, more importantly, ideologies with politicians. Wait and see what happens to these reps when they're up for reelection, then decide. But I can tell you, everyone I know that identifies as Tea Party is a short step from just burning the banks down and want to do away with the Federal Reserve entirely.

And that would be because of the fact that they're nuttier than a fruitcake and have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

saturnine_sweet
Does it surprise you that the Tea Party has the same difficultly in finding honest politicians as every other party? It shouldn't.

I don't think the Tea Party's problem is one of finding honest politicians to represent their cause. I think they're main problem is finding sane politicians to represent their cause, because IMO a person has to be nuts or just plain stupid to support the Tea Party to begin with.
edit on 8-12-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join