It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Really Insane Just Happened In Congress, And You Probably Haven't Heard A Word About It

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

seasoul
I'm hoping to live just long enough to see all these corrupt self-serving bastards burn.

And then when I make it to the other side, watch them burn some more.

Forgiveness, is a real bitch.

edit on 7-12-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

Some kind of crisis will be engineered to create a blame for the economic crash in an attempt to take focus off the bankers and others really responsible. Probably one large enough that people are more worried about their own situation rather than chasing down the criminals

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Phoenix

seasoul
I'm hoping to live just long enough to see all these corrupt self-serving bastards burn.

Some kind of crisis will be engineered to create a blame for the economic crash in an attempt to take focus off the bankers and others really responsible. Probably one large enough that people are more worried about their own situation rather than chasing down the criminals

Its like the recent announcement by the FEC concerning non profit groups and political donations. I saw a glimmer of hope when they said they were going to investigate and crack down / try to put a stop / reduce their influence.

That glimmer faded when I saw an article talking about how Republicans receive more donations through those very groups than what Democrats do.

At which point the gesture became meaningless and was based on nothing but politics.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Phoenix

seasoul

The moment you hear on the news that your bank will be shut down due to a "virus" or "hacker" in the system.. just for "repairs"... your money is SAFE...and for only shut down a little while of course.. suspending transactions very very oh so temporarily : RUN.
To where I dont know. Preferably the grocery/ammo store first and then to your bug out/hunker down spot.
Viva la Zimbabwe...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I believe it. Congress is indebted to the banks, without their campaign contributions they would not be able to spread their deceit as far. You have to remember that they are all of a kind, they back each other up. The government heads will spend a trillion bucks of our money to get fifty million of money they can use to get reelected.

This is exactly why congress should be limited to 1 or 2 terms. If they have a strong desire to change or help the American people, one or two term limits should be more than enough time to introduce a bill and vote for positive government changes.

When we allow these self serving "so called representatives" use a supposedly "temporary" political office and turn it into a life time career, you create a perfect environment for corruption, bribery, influence, egotistical, self-indulging and detached representatives.

If all candidates were held to the same expense ceiling for campaigns, lobbyists were declared illegal, and if they knew their terms had a short end date, these representatives wouldn't spend most of their time thinking about the next election, catering to lobbyists and campaign supporters, and fighting across party lines. Until that happens, they will continue to be in the pockets of bankers, the insurance industry, corporations and vote strictly along party lines.

Maybe than they would be taking office for all the right reasons... to create change for the better. Maybe than they wouldn't be bullied within their own party not to cross over and support legislation that is introduced by the opposite party. You would than see motivated representatives negotiate more and try to accomplish what they intended in the short amount of time they have in office.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
And every election everyone keeps voting Dem or Rep.

Both sides have sold us out to lobbying and special interest long ago, anyone who votes the two existing parties is just as guilty as the crooks in Washington.

How many more examples do we need that they are not on our side, that are representation is non-existent for us to do something crazy...

You know vote the independent, or other weird party that hasn't a chance in hell, can they truly be worst than voting Dem or Rep?!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

rickymouse
I believe it. Congress is indebted to the banks, without their campaign contributions they would not be able to spread their deceit as far. You have to remember that they are all of a kind, they back each other up. The government heads will spend a trillion bucks of our money to get fifty million of money they can use to get reelected.

Something is very wrong, they learned nothing from their past mistakes.

Bit off topic but what I really would like to know how Mr Obama fits into all these scemes and corruption. The other day I learned (if any of it is true of course) that Obama has been groomed for a significant governmental position early in his life. Funded by the saoudi arab families and given a freepass through Harvard university because of a 20 million dollar donation by these "investors".

Can you imagine how deep the rabbit hole goes if any of his is true. And not to forget how deep the US and the rest of the world for that matter will be f"c*ke)? This is all to be learned from a recent Coast to Coast AM radio interview. It was also said he is guilty of socialsecurity fraud and other financial crimes. This came to light during an investigation of a debtcollector.

Anyways...let us all have a mery christmas and an above all a happy 2014, 2015, 2016....21st century..

edit on 7/12/2013 by zatara because: I missed some letters..

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
American congress is really just a whore for sale to extravagant bidders.

- Big Banks who gamble on Wall Street
- Monsanto
- Big Pharamcueticals (Vaccine Program)
- International Monetary Fund
- Big Banks who gamble on Wall Street (Again)

Note to self:
Step 1. Become rich, approach US Govt and pay them to design a tailor made bailout package specifically for my company.
Step 2. Throw caution to the wind and gamble everything on Wall Street.
PS. Make sure to buy houses and cars and don't pay them off.

(post by iLemming removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
My rep voted "no" on H.R. 922. I sent her an email with my thanks. These people work for us. You have to let them know your position.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

seasoul

We all get what we deserve. They will too. Be happy you are not one of them.
edit on 7-12-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Excellent catch - with good sources - bravo!

Note that all the 'nays' were by democrats.

The 'MapLight' Source quoted and linked from your source particularly good and I will use often.
It should be refered to often: maplight.org...

Again, Thank you

edit on 7-12-2013 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by iLemming

ok i was going too beat your argument,, about who is richest,,,boy was i surprised !

( I was going too use Saudia Arabia,,,, wow,,Qatar,,,, )

"Despite the surge, Saudi Arabia’s per capita remains far below that in the UAE and Qatar, where it exceeded $40,000 and $70,000 respectively last year. This is because of their surging economies and relatively small populations, estimated at eight million and 1.9 million respectively.

Who makes a "per capita",,,$70,000 respectively last year.,, Qatar,,,,really????

oy vey

no i am not of the Jewish, Tribe.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I disagree.

I think they learned a lot.

They learned they can get away with anything, and we won't do a darn thing to stop them.

edit on 7-12-2013 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: I really hate having to use my cell phone on ATS. My auto correct can't read, and ignores shut down.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
oops please remove

edit on 7-12-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This present Senate would not pass this, and if they did by hook and crook (and they won't) then Obama isn't going to sign it. This is just another GOP kite-flying bill which not one person in Washington expects to see signed into law.

At best (and actually worst) this vote was taken so these representatives can justify to the banking industry their special love for them, so as to keep the campaign checks coming and maybe take a few friends for a couple rounds of golf in the keys.
edit on 7-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

seasoul

The anger should be directed to big business not it's patsy government.

I'll point out that government is only as corrupt as the society that votes it in. We the people have lost our ownership of government and given it to big business.

Utimately, government is a reflection on those that vote and if we believe the lies big business and it's minions - corporate, governmental, private - and vote in their interest we only hurt ourselves.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Because we are slaves.

The worse kind of slaves.

Slaves that are so deluded that they refuse to believe they are slaves even when they are staring at the naked proof.

They can't accept the truth, and they can't fight against the truth because then they will have to admit to what they really are.

They would rather die for the lies than live with the truth.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
How Democratic can government be when you have to be rich just to get elected........??
the system is flawed beyond repair.........that much is obvious......
There is NO amount of tweaking thatll get the rich basturds out of power.......

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I appreciate the OP's pain, but this is simply business as usual. There is absolutely nothing surprising about this.

Every member of government has something they can be blackmailed for. Most people could be blackmailed based on the content of their email or even just their browsing history. Our elected officials know this, are painfully aware of this, and are not going to do anything for the people. This government exists to maintain the American power structure as it is however it is. That entails the preservation of businesses and wealth. It has NOTHING to do with individuals. It certainly has nothing to do with freedom. Any freedom we enjoy is a side effect. As you can see unfolding all around you, those side effects are being diminished as the pure ideology of the global security state is enacted.

I ask this honestly. What do you expect from your political officials?
edit on 7-12-2013 by hyperreflexia because: gramore

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
In Communism, the state controls the banks and the financial system.

In Capitalism, it's exactly the opposite.

edit on 7-12-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join