It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Eat Lying Threads Christians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Brothers and sisters in Christ stay away from the threads on this website which feed lies and may be designated for you to lose your faith. Do not respond to those threads which speak lies contrary to the Lord's truth. Neither feed the flesh of those who wish to argue with you and stir up the flesh by questioning the truth that truly is from the Lord.

God bless you all and may the verse below give you insight in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ

Ephesians 6:10-18

King James Version (KJV)

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 2WitnessesArrived

or the followers of Truth could just join Threadkillers Anonymous?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
No read things that actually question your faith, If your faith is strong you will be fine and If not you have taken a step towards the truth and not a man made lie.
Flyersfan has the right idea, she questions what others have told her and makes up her own God given mind.
I suggest all humanity tries it for once, the world will be a better place.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
so op is threatened by propaganda on this site to un-convert his peers. stuff that may or may not have to be taken on faith to un-convert them.

so he quotes other propaganda from another source, that also demands faith to hold the belief.

its exhausting really

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Quickly!Christians!Hide under your bibles!

As a sort-of pagan,I have to say that your apparent insecurity is unsettling.

By all means,spread the good word.

(I'll just snort and ignore it)

What you have written looks like hysteria.

Much like"do not question your own faith"

I would say to them...Do not just believe it to be true....KNOW IT FOR A CERTAINTY!

Christians should question their God and the scriptures...how else should enlightenment be achieved?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I think the op is the devil here to confuse the sinners.

Naughty op... naughty.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

Truth is absolute

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

But if we don't read them who's going to answer them?
There are some, of course, which are just baiting, and they should be ignored.
But if nobody responds to some of the others, the anti-Christian opinion is left holding the field.

Proverbs says "Answer not a fool according to his folly", and often that applies to threads on ATS.
But Proverbs also says "Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes" (ch26 vv4-5).
It's a question of assessing the situation and looking for the right response.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Might as well tell your fellow Christians to stay off ATS all together, so that they won't be tempted to question their faith.

As others have pointed out, if your faith cannot handle questioning, then there wasn't much there to begin with. Truth stands up to scrutiny. Dogma usually crumbles.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

It's an newer kind of troll here on ATS- the proselytizing religious troll. Like typical trolls species it makes use of grandiose statements and sweeping generalizations from its polarized attitude without offering any clear topic for discussion, all in hopes to incite a flame war. ...At least that's how I see it.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I personally prefer to challenge and demonstrably correct lies and purposeful ignorance about Christianity every chance I get.

If no one speaks up, who will know what is true or not?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

FissionSurplus
Might as well tell your fellow Christians to stay off ATS all together, so that they won't be tempted to question their faith.

As others have pointed out, if your faith cannot handle questioning, then there wasn't much there to begin with. Truth stands up to scrutiny. Dogma usually crumbles.

...and I am reminded that the thread topic is Religion, Faith and Theology...not Christianity, Christianity and Christianity...

If OP is not up for discussion on an open forum which is not nominated, in any way shape or form as Christian...they should subscribe to a wholly Christian forum...otherwise they are running the risk of using the forum topic as a pulpit, to sermonise...and that could be construed as 15.e of T&C...I don't understand why it hasn't.

Å99

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

2 Timothy 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

Acts 19:9 But when some became stubborn and continued in unbelief, speaking evil of the Way before the congregation, he withdrew from them and took the disciples with him, reasoning daily in the hall of Tyrannus.

Alot of them probably just want to be fed an argument. It does no good for your faith to argue with them but can injure it if you allow them.

Alot of people can see and a lot cannot see, arguments do no good to anyone.

Many cannot see the truth because of pride and even if you tell them the truth they will not see or approve that they are wrong and you are right because of pride.

edit on 7-12-2013 by 2WitnessesArrived because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

akushla99
...and I am reminded that the thread topic is Religion, Faith and Theology...not Christianity, Christianity and Christianity...

so does that mean atheism is a religion? and can I get the adherents to proclaim it?

because there sure are alot of commie atheists in this section gang banging on Christians...

the Christians should be allowed to get in on the actions... besides where are all the other philosophies topics?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I have no problem getting into the nitty-gritty of religious debate.
Like the guy said, seriously questioning your faith ultimately strengthens it.

This particular site doesn't have much of that though.
Mostly mud slinging and trolling.

It's not the debate of religion by intelligent people that causes you to lose your faith.
It's blind hatred masquerading as intellectualism that wastes your time.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

That applies to some of them, but not to all of them.
Sometimes the appropriate text is "Always be prepared to make a defence...for the hope that is in you"- 1 Peter ch3 v15.
The apostles responded to people who criticised their faith. They did not just keep silent.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Yes correct brother or sister but it is up to you to discern what to do. But by all means do not argue. Alot of people are not asking us for the reason that the hope that is in us but rather want to criticize and argue with us.

1 Peter 3:15-16

But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect, having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.

edit on 7-12-2013 by 2WitnessesArrived because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Pacifism I don't know much about that... I got my first view of the flaming monks and if freaky deaky'd me out.

draw your swords intellectuals and evildoers!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

akushla99

so does that mean atheism is a religion? and can I get the adherents to proclaim it?

because there sure are alot of commie atheists in this section gang banging on Christians...

the Christians should be allowed to get in on the actions... besides where are all the other philosophies topics?

...OPEN FORUM...this shouldn't be difficult to understand...IT IS NOT A CHRISTIAN SITE...and neither is it an athiest site...it is an open forum...and a call to disregard discussion - effectively turning this little corner of ATS into a Christian pulpit, is deplorable and puerile...

Upon entry into the ATS home, no-one was required to adhere to any polical, religious etc policy, at all...so the site is an OPEN FORUM...Except for T&C, which I am thinking that 15.e is being contravened on some level...

Å99

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

ok so the Christians and the Communist Atheists are the only majorities here... understandable.

so the law of Gravity in effect here?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join