It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus human-human or Hollywood-human?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Let's face it, most people (including myself) have had an idea of Biblical Jesus that more than likely does not correspond with the biological and physiological truths of an adult male human body. I'm talking about Son of God Jesus, not Prophet regular human Jesus of history. We're told He came in the flesh and became 100% human but somehow we want to mentally strip and censor all those little things that truly make him human. A male human to be exact. Why have we made a Hollywood Movie Star version of his journey through earth and ignored everything else that made him just like one of us?

Is it because of fear of disrespecting God? Is it lack of curiosity? Is it too private and intrusive to reflect on? Does it in any way lower our stereotypical views of what "holy" is? I understand It's really difficult imagine Jesus cutting the cheese or having morning wood but this thread attempts to explore these questions.

Even if there is a humorous tone because of the nature of the quirky human body and behavior, please do not think that I am in anyway being disrespectful, I have had these conversations with all kinds of people and have had different approaches and responses;

Some say that he was 100% human and did all these things.
Others say that he was 100% human but had absolute control over his hormones, organs, fluids etc.
Others say he was 50% human 50% alien/Angel/Spirit and yet others say that he had the appearance of a human, but really did not function like one completely.

I'm interested in your point of view.

Just forget about hunky blonde Blue eyed Jesus for one second and consider him in relation to:

-Gassy and bloaty as a baby
-Sick in any way
-Parasites, Bacteria, Fungus, Viruses
-Diarrhea, Vomiting
-Pee on the bed?
-Did he have an Awkward teenager phase.
-Bad Breath/Body Odor
-Cavities or gingivitis
-Mosquito bites
-Morning wood
-Nocturnal emissions
-Did he ever slip, trip on a stone, slide embarrassingly down a hill or flight of stairs?
-Hit his finger with a hammer?
-Was he a good dancer?
-Ever blush, slur his words, have nervous ticks?
-Scratch his butt
-Was his voice low or high pitched?
-Did he have a sweet tooth?
-Did he ever get tipsy, lightheaded?
-Ever do pranks, tell jokes, laugh hysterically?

You get the point. My conclusion is yes to all the above and all the others I didn't mention. Why not? Why say he was a human but deprive him of the little pleasures and pains of being one? He bled, He cried, He laughed, He got angry, He got thirsty and hungry. He even died!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

lupodigubbio
Does it in any way lower our stereotypical views of what "holy" is?

I'll go with that one. You have to admit, some of the things he was purported to have said and done have had a profound effect on people. Profoundly good in that lifts people up and out of their daily grind. Talking about the man's morning wood is a buzzkill.

Look at this way. You have a certain perception about your parents and that perception would be ruined if you walked in on them making love. Same thing here......The man is larger than life, we know he was a man, but everything he did overshadowed all of the little things about a person that we all just take for granted. That's why we don't talk about them. There's no need.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
God-human

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

I would like to know if he he was Rh + or -

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
God did not come from earth, he created it. He lives in heaven and heaven is not on earth.

Therefore, by definition, God is an Alien.

Jesus is half and half, that makes him a hybrid.

Throw in some miracle abilities, also called magic and we can clearly determine that Jesus is/was a hybrid magician.

Go Jesus!

P

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Jesus was 100% human, in the physical sense. He was conceived and born just like every other baby before and since. His spirit was divine.

Think of it this way, we humans are a spirit that has a body. Not a body that has a spirit. So our real identity is spiritual. His spirit was the pre-existent, he is a Creator Son of God. So the physical part of him was human, but his spirit was that of his true nature. We are not pre-existent, we must develop our soul as we grow.

This is a brief explanation from a book called The Urantia Book. (www.urantia.org...)

Jesus is not the Eternal Son of God, he is a Creator Son of God. Since he has creative attributes that is why some miracles happened.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
"Jesus loves you."

A nice gesture in church.

A horrific thing to hear in a Mexican prison.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Excellent thread. Thanks for sharing.

If you want to know jesus just look in the mirror.

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

You bring up a great point! Jesus is wholly God AND wholly man. So, the reality of is it, though it's not explicitly stated in Tradition or Scripture, I'm sure he probably did experience those things!

It's not mentioned, I think, because Scripture focuses more on His humanity in regards to His mission. But I would think it's a safe assumption.

new topics

top topics

join