It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long does it generally take for wisdom tooth to fully come in?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I just gonna make this OP nice and short. My bottom right wisdom tooth started breaking through the gumline around 6 months ago. Since then the tooth has been staying in the same place with the tip kinda just poking through the gum. i'm just wondering how long does it generally take for a wisdom tooth to fully come through? Do the teeth generally take a long time till they are fully in?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by truthofnitrous

Took me two years to get mine in all the way. Hurt most of the time too.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

It took over two years for mine to come in. They would break through my gums, then go back under ...maybe from swelling? That went on for more than 2 years before they finally stayed above the gums; talk about pain! No wonder babies cry when they teeth!
It took probably another year before they grew all the way in.
I was 20, and pregnant, when It started. Still hurts just to think about it! lol

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Sometimes the gum grows back up around them. It can take a very long time. We lack the growth hormones more plentiful in young children .

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Iam nearly 40 and on my right side my gum grows over my wisdom tooth then it pops out again and this has repeated since my teens.
Guess thats why Iam an idiot sometimes

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I was always told I had none until I got older (20's). But mine can be left in because they "impacted" other molars they say so they aren't going anywhere and I have never felt any pain.
Firepiston

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
My grandmother's never came in until she was in her late 70s. All of a sudden she felt pain in her jaws, went to the dentist. He laughed and said, "You aren't going to believe this, but it's your wisdom teeth coming in."

So, they can take a long time to decide to come in, and they can take a long time to finish coming in.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
They may never come in, and being "impacted" is not a good thing. They frequently grow sideways, thus pushing on the other teeth in your jaw. Many erupt only a small bit and expose themselves to decay. The best thing to do is have them all removed at once. It's an operation that takes a couple of hours, walk-in, walk-out, don't drive for a day and you'll be fine. Keep them in and sooner or later they'll give you enough trouble so you'll have them out.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

i got mine by the age of 17 / 18 and i only had a problem with one ,
the gum on the last one was so thick that the tooth was having problems breaking through
i took a blade and slit the top of the gum and the tooth came through instantly and no more pain .

top topics

join