It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deny Ignorance?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I know ATS is a forum about conspiracy theories. There is no denying that there are some strange forces working on our world to keep us "in check" and that we must not trust everything we are provided with. However, it seriously enfuriates me that some people seem to embrace ignorance instead if denying it. For example, there is no denying that we went to the Moon, math and pictures prove it. Even though some people are misinformed and try to do so with others, the evidence is irrefutable. Also, I can't also believe how some members of this forum are not banned for spreading misinformation about the evolution of species, which is also a verifiable fact. Most of the topics are filled with people pro-evolution giving valid arguments and criationist people repeating and ignoring those arguments which, most of the time, are actually verifiable and observable.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JameSimon

Some people are just idiots whose faith has blinded them to evidence and reason.
I used to be a moon hoax believer but after reading ATS I changed my mind, in fact ATS has swayed me against many conspiracy theories.
Good rant btw, just ignore them or wind them up with facts

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

For example, there is no denying that we went to the Moon, math and pictures prove it. Even though some people are misinformed and try to do so with others, the evidence is irrefutable.

Like anything else, on the surface it appears to be just what they tell us it is.

But then when you start digging and find things that are very suspicious like NASA having destroyed all original footage from the Apollo landings you start to see a pattern. Many times this pattern is contrary to what you've been told by the establishment.

I can give you irrefutable evidence that:

The Wright brothers were not the first to fly a plane in America.

Betsy Ross never made the first american flag.

Paul Revere never made that famous ride warning the British were coming. In fact, he was captured by British agents and then releadsed the next day because he told them everything he knew. Yet he is celebrated by everyone as a patriot.

These things and many more are taken as truth by many, but they are all false.

I won't go into the details of anything else, there are many many good threads on here about such topics that you can read if you want to.

I'm not sure what the point of your post is other than to complain about people discussing conspiracies on a conspiracy forum?
edit on 7-12-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

it seriously enfuriates me that some people seem to embrace ignorance instead if denying it

You fell into your own hole.
Deny ignorance is also respecting other people's opinions whether they are right or wrong.
Rant: failed.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Actually no. One thing is having a discussing with arguments and counter arguments, the other one is stating the same thing 100 times while it has been disproven every time. I can argue with a person that says that the evolutionary model is not correct and presents valid arguments, I can't argue with one that actually refuses to read to everything presented and just quotes pseudo scientists.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Well then, what can I say mate, good luck with planting thoughts in people's minds

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

It's not planting, it's discussing. I won't mind to discuss with a person that has the complete opposite view of mine, as long as arguments are provided. Now stating "evolution is not true because we can't see all transitional fossils" is not an argument, it's ignorance. That and "if we can take a picture of a star with Hubble than we should be able to use it to view the surface of the moon". Just another example to explain my point of view.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

hmm I thought they did turn Hubble to the moon

hubble site

no?

funBox

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

And again that's not what I said. Hubble can't resolve images to show the surface of the moon and the landing sites, even though it can see a galaxies millions of light years apart from us.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

indeed you was " "ing some random fallacy used by believers, are you now saying hubble cant resolve the surface of the moon? and the flag?.. from the picture I linked, looks like the moon, corpernicus crater.. the question I ask is why are there no higher resolution images ?

funBOx

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

funbox

indeed you was " "ing some random fallacy used by believers, are you now saying hubble cant resolve the surface of the moon? and the flag?.. from the picture I linked, looks like the moon, corpernicus crater.. the question I ask is why are there no higher resolution images ?

funBOx

I have here a link that explains perfectly:
Link

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

indeed, the resolution to see small objects is too small for the scope, but you stated it cant resolve the surface of the moon, that surface would include craters rocks , mountain ranges , all surface features... resolved?.. pedantic I know , but theres ten times worst than me on this site

the trouble with language see

funBox

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

The phrasing was not the most accurate, I grant you that, but it still can't resolve the flag like most people claim it should.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

fair play, I guess if looking for flags ,satalites would be the best option..

shadows and flags

o btw did you notice that weird looking drawbridge and the L-shaped anomaly on the hubble attempt at capturing that perfect image ?

*enhanced funBox resolution to follow*

what resolution it has,

chundleBox

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

JameSimon
I know ATS is a forum about conspiracy theories. There is no denying that there are some strange forces working on our world to keep us "in check" and that we must not trust everything we are provided with. However, it seriously enfuriates me that some people seem to embrace ignorance instead if denying it. For example, there is no denying that we went to the Moon, math and pictures prove it. Even though some people are misinformed and try to do so with others, the evidence is irrefutable. Also, I can't also believe how some members of this forum are not banned for spreading misinformation about the evolution of species, which is also a verifiable fact. Most of the topics are filled with people pro-evolution giving valid arguments and criationist people repeating and ignoring those arguments which, most of the time, are actually verifiable and observable.

Just my 2 cents.

So you want to restrict people and their views? If we all thought the same....that would be extremely boring.

On the subject of creation-we really have no clue. Haven't found that missing link yet, only theories. As for genetics, seems like most people groups came from a handful of people.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

ChuckNasty

JameSimon

Just my 2 cents.

So you want to restrict people and their views? If we all thought the same....that would be extremely boring.

On the subject of creation-we really have no clue. Haven't found that missing link yet, only theories. As for genetics, seems like most people groups came from a handful of people.

I'm trying to achieve that people are entitled to their opinion but must debate them with arguments, not logical fallacies.

Regarding creation, we have theories. Regarding the missing link, we won't find it since the missing link is progressive, we are not discussing pokemon's here. Genetics? Yes, there was a big genetic bottleneck caused by an ELE (extinction level event) and we are all descendants from an "handful" of people.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

JameSimon
I know ATS is a forum about conspiracy theories.

I have been here for a time: at least long enough to have observed the various forums on the site, and I have had cause to wonder if such a statement is actually true.
edit on 7-12-2013 by MamaLeonne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

MamaLeonne

JameSimon
I know ATS is a forum about conspiracy theories.

I have been here for a time: at least long enough to have observed the various forums on the site, and I have had cause to wonder if such a statement is actually true.
edit on 7-12-2013 by MamaLeonne because: (no reason given)

It was a long time ago when about all you had were the UFO and political topics, but not anymore. He's obviously never been to the sports or automotive topics. The OP also needs to realize that people don't "have" to debate anything. If they want to stick with their point of view, that's their prerogative. Doesn't make them stupid anymore then him sticking to his point of view.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

JameSimon

ChuckNasty

JameSimon

Just my 2 cents.

I'm trying to achieve that people are entitled to their opinion but must debate them with arguments, not logical fallacies.
We all don't think the same, so each person's logic will be different. Most facts can be seen in more than one way also. So your dreamland fantasy, all Spock like, threads will be a something you will never see anywhere on internet forums.

Regarding creation, we have theories. Regarding the missing link, we won't find it since the missing link is progressive, we are not discussing pokemon's here. Genetics? Yes, there was a big genetic bottleneck caused by an ELE (extinction level event) and we are all descendants from an "handful" of people.

Pokemon's have been discussed here... Those others things you mentioned are theories. We won't ever get a no-# answer on creation, missing link, Extinction level event.

We all have the freedom of choice here.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I 100% concur that the modern neodarwin synthesis of evolution
and genetics is an indisputable fact.

However on the other hand, it's 100% reasonable that we may
be members of a perfect or near-perfect simulation, or one
of an infinite number of layers of reality.

For all we know or could ever prove, we may all maybe be
resting on the back of a giant cosmic turtle, who is lurking
beneath the plank distance of physics.

Do I think that's likely?

No.

But there are limits to the reach of knowledge.

Now, I concur, that people who have not studied the
evidence for evolution and ignorantly throw rocks
at it because it's inconvenient for their point of view
don't have a leg to stand on.

I don't mind anyone arguing *anything* so long as they
have studied the other person's data.

That's why I spent decades studying religion and the
bible and church history for example. I can credibly
discuss that subject all I want and not just be throwing
rocks without a basis.

KPB

top topics