It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Adventure on Mars is Over...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I don't know, Arken did receive msm attention. link

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
IP's usually change every time you connect to the internet so it would be difficult for them to ban your ip, have you paid for a static IP?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Well, your IP stays the same for a period of time.
When you connect to your router, you get an IP from your router e.g. 192.168.1.2, 192.168.1.3 and so on. If you want to change your real IP you would have to unplug your router for a few minutes and you should get a new IP when you plug it back in (if you have dynamic IP address). You can verify this by going into your router config.

If you don't know your router's IP, you can get it by opening cmd and typing ipconfig and where it says "default gateway", type that into your browser address bar and you can access your router config.

Be careful not to change anything if you don't know what you're doing, though. You might check out the blocked sites while you're in there, in case someone got in there and added nasa.gov to the blocked sites.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Hello Arken! This thread contains many good suggestions to resolve your issue, but a troubleshooting priority list should be established. These have already been mentioned, but here's my suggested order:

1) Try to access the sites using your normal internet connection, but from a different computer, like a friend's laptop. This is important because it will establish if the problem is with your PC.

2) If it works with a different computer, then you are not blocked, banned, or otherwise. Now you can focus on cleaning up whatever is gumming up those sites on your PC.

3) If it does NOT work with another computer, you need to test by connecting through a proxy server from your PC. There are many public HTTP proxies available, and tons of info on the interwebz about how to connect through a proxy.

4) If connecting through a proxy server does not work, it definitely has to be your PC. There's no way that NASA can tell it's you if you are connecting through a proxy.

5) If connecting through a proxy server works, then it may be time to contact your ISP and tell them you are having trouble with a specific domain.

Hope this helps. Best of luck. Don't give up! Your threads on Mars rock! (Yes, that was a pun. No, I am not always this funny.)
edit on 12/7/2013 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Sorry to say Arken, those were always rocks.

edit on 7-12-2013 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

2 real simple things to start with before you spend a lot of time with suggested methods.
Malware can mess around with your host file and also modify your TCP/IP stack to redirect you elsewhere...

with notepad, open c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
The only entry in there should be your local address 127.0.0.1, remove anything else.

from the command line (run as administrator if vista,7 or 8) :
netsh winsock reset
and then reboot your machine.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
In the case where you may have been firewalled by NASA , it would be against your WAN IP assigned to your router.

You could contact your ISP and tell them that you are being targeted by someone trying to break in to your computer, and have them assign you a new WAN IP. This has worked for me. Even though you may not be paying for a dedicated IP, the DHCP servers in the ISP will continue to lease you the same address.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

HomerinNC
Why would you have been banned???

You know, maybe he DID stumble onto something!!!!

edit on 12/7/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

This is what got him banned! If you look REAL HARD, you can see a rock that looks a lot like an alien! And who's to say that aliens don't exist..!
Haha...!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Seriously,lets be logical....do you look at rocks at the beach the same way you do rocks on mars?
If you saw a strange rock at the beach....would you still say its an Iguana or a clue to the truth??

Get real.
I give credit to Nasa for this if its true...your rock threads are not helping people,most can spot idiocy when they see it.

edit on 8-12-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Even links on Google Mars don't work....
WTH?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

have you tried hotspot shield and ixquick or a dongal arken

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Arken
WTH?

Arken, in both this thread and the other thread you started, many people have put forward a lot of good suggestions on starting to solve your problem... but you dont appear to be actually bothering to do any of them.

Some kind of martyr trip for you?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

geobro
reply to post by Arken

have you tried hotspot shield and ixquick or a dongal arken

I've tried to use some device to hide my IP..... and it works.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

alfa1

Arken
WTH?

Arken, in both this thread and the other thread you started, many people have put forward a lot of good suggestions on starting to solve your problem... but you dont appear to be actually bothering to do any of them.

Some kind of martyr trip for you?

Not at all.

I've follow some interesting advices, but they don't work.
There is nothing wrong on my PC.

I've used some devices to hide my IP... and they works...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Wow Arken you done ticked someone off!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

that is what i use in the uk if i go on tpbay or get videos on you tube that are blocked which happens quite a lot glad you are getting through now sorry i cannot be of more help but i am a bit of a computer dafty .

but i am learning one day at a time here

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Afraid you're about to be McKinnon'd?

That guy did access some interesting files that were largely ignored by the public.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It seems they really were blocking your IP. You must be striking a chord with them. Not to mention your threads are excellent.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
how many E-mails a day did you send them?
100? 200? but then they should have just put you on the spam list??

you will have to find a new planet or some thing!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

buddha
how many E-mails a day did you send them?
100? 200? but then they should have just put you on the spam list??

you will have to find a new planet or some thing!

Never send one email to' NASA. Never.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join