It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geoengineered Snow Storms Wreaking Havoc around the Globe

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

WonderBoi
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

You keep talking "water" but WATER IS A CHEMICAL. H20 What the heck do you need water droplets for? 2 Parts Hydrogen, 1 Part Oxygen = Water. Do you think 1 molecule of H20 is enough to form a cloud, or even a drop of water???? hahahaha

How many molecules in a drop of water?

How big is a drop? "A drop" is not a precise measurement. It depends on a number of factors. If you measure how big the drops of water are you're talking about, (in millilitre) then you could figure out the number of molecules based on the fact that Avogadro's number of water molecules have a volume of about 18 milliliters. Avogadro's number is 6.022 * 1023 (particles) per mole One drop:average volume about 0.05 ml = 0.05 g Molar mass of water 18.01 g/mol Meaning: about 1.7*1021 molecules in a drop of water: don't start counting them!
I'm sure that doesn't help with your confusion.

----------------------------------Next Topic------------------------------------

I've used both H2O and "water" interchangeably in this thread, so don't go making it sound like I have no idea what H2O is.

HOWEVER, I'm not going to use "hydrogen and oxygen" interchangeably with "H2O" or "water", because when most people speak of hydrogen and oxygen in the atmosphere, it is usually about free molecules of hydrogen and oxygen -- NOT water (one of the chemically bonded forms of hydrogen and oxygen).

In fact, elemental hydrogen (hydrogen by itself) makes up a very tiny portion of the atmosphere. A very, very tiny part.

That's why I have no idea why you insisted on telling us that clouds were molecules of hydrogen and oxygen, rather than saying they were molecules of H2O (water). Water is very different that its two component elements.

It is MUCH more accurate to say a cloud is made of molecules of liquid water droplets or frozen water crystals than to say it is made of hydrogen and oxygen molecules. While water is technically hydrogen and oxygen, the stuff in clouds is water, and behaves as water, NOT as elemental hydrogen and oxygen molecules.

As for the rest of your post quoted above, that's a fun fact, but why are you telling us this? And why on Earth would you believe that I think one water molecule is enough to make a cloud or a drop (whatever the vague definition of a "drop" is size-wise). Do you think I'm 6 years old?

Plus, you do realize that you are making my argument for me (and ruining yours). For water to be visible (such as in a cloud) it needs to have a certain density. That density of molecules in a visible cloud facilitates the nucleating of the water droplets onto the cloud seeding "seeds" of silver iodide (or salt). In the case of regular clear air, the H2O molecules are much more sparse, because they are in their gaseous form rather than their form in clouds -- where H2O is either in its liquid or frozen form. In this sparse gaseous for, the nucleating required for cloud seeding cannot take place.

edit on 1/2/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It was -43 in International Falls, MN last night, or this morning. Brrr...ouch. I called home to check on everyone and they are staying warm. Whether or not "they" can create these conditions I don't know. I personally think it's just weather and the media, namely The Weather Channel, reports it and makes it into the "storm of the century" or something. Now they are naming winter storms, but I suppose it's their business and they have to make money off it somehow. Then you also have all the older folks who do nothing but talk about weather, so I suppose it pays.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

WonderBoi
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

You keep talking "water" but WATER IS A CHEMICAL. H20 What the heck do you need water droplets for? 2 Parts Hydrogen, 1 Part Oxygen = Water. Do you think 1 molecule of H20 is enough to form a cloud, or even a drop of water???? hahahaha

Oh -- and by the way, you can't just mix 2 hydrogen molecules and one oxygen molecule together to make water (H2O). it isn't that easy. You also need to inject some energy into that system before the molecules bond, and the amount of energy required to make water that way does not naturally happen (for all practical intents and purposes) up in the atmosphere. Besides, there is very little free elemental hydrogen in the atmosphere to begin with.

Again, I may be misunderstanding what you are implying, but it seems you are implying that the water in clouds somehow can form naturally from the elemental hydrogen molecules and oxygen molecules floating around in the atmosphere and magically bonding together. That is NOT where clouds come from.

Water clouds condense from WATER vapor in the atmosphere, NOT from separate molecules of elemental hydrogen and oxygen in the atmosphere. That's why when I talk about a cloud, I talk about WATER (H2O) -- not separate molecules of hydrogen and oxygen, because that is not very relevant.

Like I said, I could be misinterpreting what you are trying to say, but you keep trying to "baffle us with Bullcrap" so much that I'm not sure what you are implying anymore.

edit on 1/2/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

LOL, and I'm sure a record year of earthquakes and volcanoes had nothing to do with it, nor the fact that 70% of the Earth is not measured (Oceans). For every the sky is falling Global warming link I can show you one that says it's getting cooler. Most of the Liberal warming ones have proven to be from scientists PAID to come up with that result!

In other words.....Junk science!!!

Germany shows cooling for most of this decade.
Models that were used in the past are proving to be highly inaccurate and Earth is more likely to stay in a cooling period!!!

notrickszone.com...
edit on 0pmEThursdayv2813 by LaElvis because: added y to ever

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Some people have a hard time reading...so here's an illustration:
1 Molecule of Water (2 Parts Hydrogen, 1 Part Oxygen)

So is it fun derailing a thread?

We all know what makes up water as we learned that in basic science in school, but what does this have to do with geoengineered snowstorms which is what this thread is about?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I can see the problem. Wonder is actively trying to not understand cloud seeding, but cannot get past the facts that prove him wrong. This will go on as long as he is fed. He is a troll.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

network dude
I can see the problem. Wonder is actively trying to not understand cloud seeding, but cannot get past the facts that prove him wrong. This will go on as long as he is fed. He is a troll.

I think the problem was that the Boy Blunder thought you could magic up some clouds just by sprinkling some fairy dust because there's already water vapour in the atmosphere.

The huge, trumpeting, mammoth of an elephant in the room is of course relative humidity.

What he failed to (or refused to) take into account is the fact that there's an abundance of cloud condensation nuclei in the atmosphere already and an abundance of ice nuclei in aircraft exhaust at cruising altitude. You don't need to spray anything extra to create clouds - you just need high relative humidity

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mrthumpy

I know, but this was all explained to him multiple times, in multiple threads. He is trolling.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Quite possibly. Or it could be that he thinks he's actually on to something but like Korg his limited understanding of the subject is letting him down badly.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Limited understanding? I think that's being kind after claiming that we can tell for a fact there is silver iodide in contrails because they are grey. That's when the troll alert lit up for me.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

waynos

Limited understanding? I think that's being kind after claiming that we can tell for a fact there is silver iodide in contrails because they are grey. That's when the troll alert lit up for me.

To be fair though I don't think he actually came out and said that, it did seem to be what he was inferring though.

And yes, I was being extremely kind

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Thing is, I would love a proper conversation. I have actually learned things about GE I didn't know before thanks to reading links provided by believers, even if they don't quite say what the person linking it seems to think. But when someone is so ignorant of the most basic of facts, whilst being simultaneously arrogant about how dumb they think everyone else is, nothing productive is ever going to come out of it, sadly.

Because I always try to take account of new information and modify my view where appropriate, it simply does not compute with me when I witness a person that has clearly and blatantly been shown to be clinging to a misconception, continue to cling to it for all they are worth. At that stage I know truth seeking is the LAST thing on their mind, way below argument winning.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

waynos

Thing is, I would love a proper conversation. I have actually learned things about GE I didn't know before thanks to reading links provided by believers, even if they don't quite say what the person linking it seems to think. But when someone is so ignorant of the most basic of facts, whilst being simultaneously arrogant about how dumb they think everyone else is, nothing productive is ever going to come out of it, sadly.

Because I always try to take account of new information and modify my view where appropriate, it simply does not compute with me when I witness a person that has clearly and blatantly been shown to be clinging to a misconception, continue to cling to it for all they are worth. At that stage I know truth seeking is the LAST thing on their mind, way below argument winning.

I know what you mean. I'm having a conversation on facebook with someone who is quite clearly lying through their teeth but they think they're so much smarter than everyone else that they can get away with it.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Hope it's not a Facebook chemtrail page, they are rabid, at least this place has a police force, lol

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

waynos

Hope it's not a Facebook chemtrail page, they are rabid, at least this place has a police force, lol

Yeah. Been blocked from more of them than I've had hot dinners! Add this one to that list now.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join