It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Harry Reid claims his insurance went up $4500 !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

While making a rebuttal to a CNN report about being the only top official to make his staff buy from the ObamaCare exchange, Harry stated that his own insurance has gone up $4500.

Ahead of any research, I say Harry might be "Fibbing" just a little here.

He is 74 years old and must have Medicare ?

I don't know if Medicare supplements cost that much, or even if Harry is somehow not participating.

And I bet he collects Social Security too.

Can anyone make any sense out of this statement by Mr. Reid ?

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nv, denied a CNN report saying that he was the only top congressional leader to exempt “some of his staff from having to buy insurance through the law's new exchanges.”

GOP House Speaker John Boehner, House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell have all directed their staffs to join the exchange, CNN has reported, citing their aides.

"And I will also note that there are 150,000 million different families that get their health care through their employees," Reid said. "So should all federal employees, although under Obamacare, my insurance costs me about $4,500 more that it did before. Yes, because it is age-related and it wasn’t like that before.”

Nevada's Harry Reid says 'CNN is wrong' on health care report

I will LOL anyway !!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
All of them should have to sign up for it. Why should the tax payers give them insurance for free or next to nothing when we have to pay for it.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Maybe the government started valuing the different policies differently. The upper management of many government funded organizations have different insurances. The premiums were spread out amongst all workers so it appears that the upper managements insurance is the same because the price is the same. It is not.

People don't know that, I wouldn't know it if I did not know someone who was getting this better insurance. I talked to him about it. He ran the organization so he was very much aware that the upper salaried people had different insurance. I was looking for health insurance for my employees and one of the perks of some companies was that I would get a superior policy for myself. The employee's premiums would cover the difference. Knowing what to ask other businessmen is the clue to knowing what is going on. One little difference in the number on the card makes a world of difference. This must go on all over. Employees mistakenly think everyone has the same insurance. Funny how we assume things that are not real.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Reid's words:

“The only people complaining are those who don’t like the Obamacare.

Yeah, like the millions who have already lost their current plans plus those that have to pay 60% more than what their original policy charged them.
Not to mention come the new year, how many more will be affected then?

When will the people of Nevada ever vote this guy out????
Just vote for the 'other' guy PLEASE!!!
[*Same goes for Pelosi too*]

edit on 6-12-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

buster2010
All of them should have to sign up for it. Why should the tax payers give them insurance for free or next to nothing when we have to pay for it.

I think we still will pay.

Like most other large employers, the federal government contributes a portion to the premiums of its employees. In fact, like many employers, the federal government pays most of the premiums for its workers; an average of 72 percent on Capitol Hill. The law didn’t account for the continued employer contribution for these federal workers who would now be buying their insurance on the exchanges. The exchanges were designed to help people without health insurance and people with overly expensive health insurance. It became clear that without their employer contribution, members and their staffers would essentially be getting a cut in pay and benefits equal to thousands of dollars. Even Grassley, the provision’s author, had said the government should continue to contribute to lawmakers’ and staffers’ premiums. What the Obama administration has done is ruled that the congressional workers will continue to receive the employer contribution to help them buy their insurance on the exchange.

source

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

buster2010

The tax payers are going to be paying for this crap one way or another, with or without the AHA.
So, let's just scrap this mess of a joke, at least until they take their time to wrinkle out the issues, which at the moment, will take a lot of ironing!!

Oh the irony in the name...'Affordable Healthcare Act'
What in the hell is so affordable, when it's costing people more in the long run?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I meant if we have to pay for our insurance then they should have to pay for theirs. And the government shouldn't pay anymore than the average small company. Working for the government shouldn't mean a free ride.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Wow mine didn't change except they dropped the lifetime cap. Now my insurance doesn't max out on me now. Obamacare is working for me so far.

top topics

join