It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

December 6....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
On this date, in 1941, Japan attacked pearl harbor.

Many believe the U.S. "forced" Japan to attack by cutting oil and scrap metal supplies to Japan.

I see it differently. Japan invaded Manchuria in 1931-the real start of WWII, in my opinion- and the U.S. was involved well before '41. The U.S. had marines in China, often referred to as "China Marines". They also supplied fighter aircraft and pilots that flew under Chinese "colors".

My main point is Japan chose to attack Pearl Harbor. The key here is "chose". The exercise of "choice".

In other words, a conscious decision was made. When that oil and metal was cut off from Japan, they could have and probably did, assess their chances of success against China without those critical supplies.

They had the option of ceasing their operations is China, perhaps sue for peace or a settlement.

They also assessed their chances of expanding the war, massively, starting with taking out the U.S. Navy's Pacific Fleet. Also, taking on the English, the "Koreans", Indo-China, and other Asian nations.

They weren't "forced". It would have been much easier to end the was with "China" than expand the war leading with an attack on the U.S..

They made their "choice".

It was the wrong one.

It was the wrong one.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

Actually the attack occured December 7 1941, a Sunday morning.

edit on 6-12-2013 by grubblesnert because: .......

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
how things change now the u.s has japans back against china and in the future i can see war ahead as china will not back down over disputed land but i hope i am wrong

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Hmm, must be more tired than I thought.

Of course, the seventh...

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

Hmm. I don't doubt the possibility of that war happening. I am more inclined to believe that war would be motivated by internal issues, such as the very serious financial situation they are now in-most don't know much about it and certainly the media ignores it-rather than claiming an island of two.

Those land claims would be the "excuse" not the reason for it. IMO.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It was the seventh. My birthday...at least I wasn't born on 9/11

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Correct. I was having a "senior moment". Happy birthday.

top topics

join