It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Your Face Says About Your Personality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I found this information interesting, and it seems to fit me to a tee.

Take a look and see if you agree with the personality it describes for your face:
positivemed.com...

The description for myself from the list of choices:

1. Forehead: a flat forehead shows I think before taking action.

2. Eyebrows: thin eyebrows show a lack of confidence. This was true when I was growing up, but no longer applies. Also, the thin eyebrows didn't happen until I contracted hypo-thyroid disease.

3. Eyes: close together shows smart at dealing with any situation and make use of things to my advantage.

4. Nose: small shows I tend to work smarter, not harder. I'm efficient, but not a perfectionist. Often shy and timid.

5. Mouth: thin lips show great determination, and good at making decisions, love space and privacy.

6. Chin: Strong... usually stubborn and independent. Makes wise decisions.

7. Teeth: Inward slanting show quickness to grab opportunities, Tenacious.

Check it out! Tell us about yourself. Did it hit the mark with you?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Yeah well...i did see similarities with people i know and one or so that i might resemble.

Thats a very small list ya got there, would you care to share more? im sure its alot longer...
really sure. Baiting the fishies and all.

Good times...good times.

Cheers lol

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I wonder if anyone has used any similar systems to identify/justify/rationalize perceptions/prejudices about:

Jews
Blacks
etc?

Hmmm.

Right.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Changed my mind about that, have a nice day!
edit on 6-12-2013 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

sled735
I found this information interesting, and it seems to fit me to a tee.

Take a look and see if you agree with the personality it describes for your face:
positivemed.com...

The description for myself from the list of choices:

1. Forehead: a flat forehead shows I think before taking action.

2. Eyebrows: thin eyebrows show a lack of confidence. This was true when I was growing up, but no longer applies. Also, the thin eyebrows didn't happen until I contracted hypo-thyroid disease.

3. Eyes: close together shows smart at dealing with any situation and make use of things to my advantage.

4. Nose: small shows I tend to work smarter, not harder. I'm efficient, but not a perfectionist. Often shy and timid.

5. Mouth: thin lips show great determination, and good at making decisions, love space and privacy.

6. Chin: Strong... usually stubborn and independent. Makes wise decisions.

7. Teeth: Inward slanting show quickness to grab opportunities, Tenacious.

Check it out! Tell us about yourself. Did it hit the mark with you?

Not only did it get just about every aspect wrong, it didn't even have complete choices to pick from.

But these things are usually always fun to peruse.
Thanks!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Really? I'm surprised; it got all mine right.

Yeah, just a fun thing to check out.

They don't say anything about how "they" arrived at the conclusion for the choices they listed.
I agree there aren't enough, but then, I doubt this was done by any big national laboratory, or wherever it is they do these type of studies.

edit on 12/7/2013 by sled735 because: typo

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Not even close. I usually never match up to these kind of things though.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Ahhh yes...the wonderful "science" of physiognomy.

I don't know....I'll need a little more scientific evidence before accepting this.

And on top of that, even if it was science-fact is it's morally acceptable to classify people based on their appearance?

Peace

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

There has never been a positive link established, between a persons natural (unaltered) appearance, and their psychology. The fact that various mental illnesses can strike people with every and any combination of facial features, would seem to attest to the probability that the entire idea is hookum and little else, but that has not stopped various persons down the ages, from thinking there is more to a face than meets the eye.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Wow! What a serious crowd we have here so far.

I posted this in the Chat forum as just a little fun thing to do to see if anyone agrees with what it says about them.

If I wanted to get all serious and post a more detailed test/results, where the questioning of said test was going to take over the thread, I would have posted in one of the Science forums.

Lighten up People! Have some fun. Stop taking everything so seriously. Geeze!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I am sorry about that....

I guess my pointy chin would explain the attitude of my post. It's not my fault!!!

Peace
edit on 7-12-2013 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Lmfao very little if any correlation to personality traits and physical characteristics these days, imo.

top topics

join