It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America "The Hated"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'm glad I'm hated by the "world!"

Just to let the "world" know where I stand, it's not with the "world."

Let it be known that the "world" hated the Son and He who sent the Son before it hated me.

Go to Hell "World!"

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
A lot of people here are starving and lacking health care... too bad we couldn't fix/improve our domestic problems before we begin "fixing" the problems elsewhere in the world.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
So there you have it, I vote close the dam door, lets start taking care of ourselves and F&%# the rest of the world becaue they dont appreciate what my tax dollars pay for anyway.

I wasn't going to weigh into this, but I just wanted to say that your tax dollars don't do sh*t for me, k? Go whine to Israel or something. Be more specific in you posts. Just dont make generalisations that sound like you feed and clothe the whole world. There are countries out there with higher standards of living than the US, did you know? Maybe it is some of your own people who would like to see our tax dollars.

edit: typo

[edit on 19-11-2004 by cargo]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   
To put usa�s problems short : You have helped the wrong ones and attacked the wrong ones..And attitude towards worlds common peace and prosperity is way out of line. Instead of giving israel and army you should have helped the palestinians. Instead of attacking iraq your should have studied your own problems inside usa. Instead bragging about your usage of money to un and red cross you should look where the money is really coming. European banks and banks around the world are pumping money to usa because your economy would crash without foreign loans. The problems is that bush has furged up your economy so bad that investors aren�t assured your ability to pay back your debts. There were many solutions to many problems but now when bush was re-elected (by the people or by the government?) the world has given up. It can be readed between the lines at every news that comes considering usa. Too little , too late. The main problem usa has is it�s blindness to it�s own f�ckups..I sincerely hope that something comes and saves your nation but only thing i can imagine is a bullet to bush forehead.
-ap

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
PUHLEASE!!

The US had payed NOTHING to the UN EVER!

They are the only county to have been cited for using international terror by the Worl Court! ANd Reagen just laughed at the rest of the world.. and declared May 1st (the day after the world court ruling... LAW DAY just to rub salt in the wounds!!!)

And its the US and Israel that regularly oppose any sort of resolution concerning the Palestinians..

The new world created the 3rd world.. thats about the only thing the US has given the planet...

No the US want the planet to themselves, other people/countries are just a nuicance and in their way! Google the Grand Area...

Edit: saw something funny..

Viet-nam proxy war against soviets?!?!

No the it was a war to protect the south (Yank puppet govt) from its own popular uprising while blaming the north and any other commie on the planet for invading. Same as Nicaragua.. oh the commies were coming... NO THEY WEREN'T!!

CIA was asked to find liks with Hanoi and either Moscow OR Peking but could find niether so it had to make up evidence... remember the WMDs?

[edit on 19/11/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by aape
To put usa�s problems short : You have helped the wrong ones and attacked the wrong ones

And according to Americans they've helped the right ones and attacked the right ones......

The problem is, we the people, have a mind.

In a mind, there is + and -, positive and negative, love and hate, good and bad.

One can't exist without the other. You can't have bad without good, or good without bad.

So there will always be an endless discussion about America being the? good one or the? bad one, Russia being the? good one or the? bad one, Iraq being the? good one or the? bad one, even you being the? good one or the? bad one.

Anyway the answer is America is A good one AND A bad one, Russia is A good one AND A bad one...........

Another problem is, people think they are their minds, they identify themselves with their minds. So when your mind is convinced of the fact that America is good, and it receives a fact of america being bad, what will happen???

or it just ignores the bad fact by letting it become nothing according to all the good things.

or it will deny the bad fact

or it switches from thinking america is good to bad

or maybe something else inside realizes it's just #ed up and it won't want to take a stand in believing america is good or bad, and will realize that everything is good and bad, it only depends on the way you look at it.
(What is it that realizes this??)

And according to history (by those who've written it) we can see that to no matter who, most/all? countries have done good and bad things.

When you deny this you're fooling yourself, you know that don't you.

So once in a while you're country is good, and once in a while you're country is bad, now it's good, now it's bad. Now it's good, now it's bad, now it's good, hey you know what, it just IS man, you're country just is, just like you are, and I am. You only make it good or bad the moment you start thinking.

The mind is a dualistic thing, it's discussion is endless, stop having a judgement about something, eh, read the bible..... (and by posting this, I judged, and there is only one thing in a man that judges and that is your mind)

this gets me to the most disturbing part of America (to me):

What false god do you worship in america??

GWB is talking a lot about a god, but I guess that isn't the one which said Thy shalt not kill and thy shalt not judge.....

you know, Adam and Eve ate the apple of knowledge, since then they knew what good and bad is, God forbid them.... getting the picture??

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Just one responce adressing the World Court ruling... just one.. please..

How do go about explaining how the the US IS THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD to have the World Court find them guilty of INTERNATIONAL TERROR?!?!? Go on i dare you "America is great" folks to try to explain that to me... oh and explain how kind and considerate Reagans reaction was to WORLD OPINION!

The only thing the US is doing is poiting at the rest of us and laughing... thats why the rest of the planet is pissed off! You dont really need a degree in international politics to "get it".

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Actually, I don't think the majority of the world hates The United States. Its simply the age old case of the squeeky wheel getting the grease. Much like the view that Kerry would be voted in one would get when seeing all the hyped up media and protest and thinking they represent the majority.

Sadly, the reason all of the Arab Countries hate us is the differing of religion. Like it or not the influence of religion plays a big part in whether the Arab communities hate you or not. If they see you as weak in resolve and easily converted by force or by population exchange, then they have no beef with you. The single number one reason The US is hated by these people is that it is a beacon for the idea of freedom and liberty..something that threatens their ruling ideology.

Civilians in control of their own lives and wealth scare the hell out of dictators because the example is very dangerous to them. They spew out propaganda and cut their population off from any information to the contrary. Many people hate the US simply because they have been taught it as a social norm. Many people hate the US because what has been taken from them by their leaders has been attributed to the US. In that case, who could blame them? If my son lay starving and sick and my government told me the US was the cause, I hate them with a passion I could not imagine at this point. I really pity those who9 have had that hate instilled in them for no more than a political agenda by the suffering of the people they love. I cannot blame them for how they feel. It would be nice to think that one day, they would know the truth and be released from their oppression but the reality, as always, is cold and harsh.

Don't get me wrong. There are as many bad people in the US as there is anywhere else and probably more. We have people who kill their own children and spouses, rob, rape, and torture. We have businessmen who stab hard working people in the back to get a promotion and chalk it up to a "dog eat dog" world and simply passify their conscious by saying they are only playing by those rules.

We have leaders who threaten to take food and medicine away from the sick, disabled, and elderly and blame it on the lack of taxes paid by those putting in 10 and 12 hour days to survive..all the while bying influence from huge slush funds and satisfying their own lustful desires.

Yeah, we have a lot of bad people and any one of those reasons is a good reason to dislike it here if your a victim. You cannot blame people who suffer for being disallusioned with us.

From that we can derive that there is no quick fix and likely no long term one either. Its the way it is and likely the way it will stay.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep

Sadly, the reason all of the Arab Countries hate us is the differing of religion.

NO! Get your facts straight!

It's the US "invasion" of Saudi Arabia (where Mecca is!) that really gets to them!

Just look at te utter drivvel this topic has conjured up! Not one ounce of reason or truth...

And still no attepms to explain away Reagans reaction to the World Court... maybe because YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN IT AWAY?!?!

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Another reason for the dislike of American is their inablility to even see WHY they are hated... some actually think the US has NEVER DONE ANY WRONG, the others don;t even realize there are other countries out there let alone how many bombs the US has dropped on them!

No wonder the rest of the planet thinks you stink.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   

as mentioned by Corinthas
Viet-nam proxy war against soviets?!?!

No the it was a war to protect the south (Yank puppet govt) from its own popular uprising while blaming the north and any other commie on the planet for invading. Same as Nicaragua.. oh the commies were coming... NO THEY WEREN'T!!

Talk about someone needing to get their facts straight....wow.
Taken Vietnam War 101 have ya?

seekerof

[edit on 19-11-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I did a bit of reading on the subject.

The US needed to protect the south from the south NOT the north! It kinda sucks when your puppet goverment (Diem) is about to be brought down by the locals... what do you do? Shoot the locals and blame the north!

Kissingers line : "Everything that flies on anything that moves" especialy when takan in context (talking about cambodian peasants) really shows you what the US is up to... killing poor brown people armed with sticks.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Best joke was that american people didn�t know that planes which were going to bomb n-korea actually bombed neutral cambodzea because the kissingers treaty. And that launched the mass murders around cambodzea by red khemeris..another cross to us to bear..
-ap

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas

Originally posted by astrocreep

Sadly, the reason all of the Arab Countries hate us is the differing of religion.

NO! Get your facts straight!

It's the US "invasion" of Saudi Arabia (where Mecca is!) that really gets to them!

Just look at te utter drivvel this topic has conjured up! Not one ounce of reason or truth...

And still no attepms to explain away Reagans reaction to the World Court... maybe because YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN IT AWAY?!?!

If you had bothered to read the rest of my post I think you would see that I also think the issue is more complex than that. I said it was the biggest reason not the only reason. I also admit there are bad things about and bad people in and in control of the US. For you to ignore that there is devestation caused by tyrannical leaders and blamed on the US and that many of the bombs dropped on these people were the deirect result of that leader's actions is very one-sided.

It is evident you are wrought with hatred yourself and I would caution you to harness your rage so you do not overstep your bounds. I can and do accept your opinion of my post and I guess of me. I accpet that you think my reasoning is drivel and thats okay.

I am, however, very much allowed and encouraged to have an opinion and to present both sides of the coin. I understand the thought of religious control of a population is something you all would rather keep under wraps but to deny ignorance is to look at it from all sides. I admit the US does things that are less than admirable and very freely but to expect the rest of us to ignore the actions of dictators that lead to these events is something that will not go without debate.

One sylable words in all caps with exclamations do very little to explain it away. You are welcome to respond but I would suggest reading the new rules of this forum before lashing out.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It may be a bit more complex for you, but in interviews Bin Laden (and surely he is a good guide to the fundametalist hate twoard the US) has REPEATEDLY stated that the biggest thorn in his side is US presence in Saudi... and of course the support of Israel.

But if its more complex for you thats OK...

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Most of the world does not hate Americans but they hate the Government. Especially the current Government.I agree with the person who said that the reason why middle eastern countrys hate the US is because of relgion they also hate the US because you support there worst enemy Isreal. Personally I think that the US holds a double standard when it comes to Isreal and I think that thats the main reason why the Arab nations hates the US.Also I would like to put in that America had a very big part in the African slave trade and that they were probably in the biggest demand for African slaves they also put Native Americans into slavery as well and also exterminated there civilization. But I think most of you knew that.IMO I think that the world would be better off with only one religion or no religions at all. So lets just get rid of all the Jews,Moslems,Christians,Hindus, not the Buddist cause they are cool but every other freaking religion and we should all be good. Peace and love to you all.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I did a bit of reading on the subject.
The US needed to protect the south

What reading: Ho Chi Min's Guide to Yankee Agression?

I love revisionist historians
Seriously now, you need to get a grip and please check facts before you go off :shk:

Like the U.N Budget:

The final U.N. budget for 2002-2003 was $2.967 billion.

The U.N. regular budget is financed by member states, with the United States paying 22% and Japan 20%.

Budget

And please give a link to this world court opinion you keep going on about.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by aape
To put usa�s problems short : You have helped the wrong ones and attacked the wrong ones..And attitude towards worlds common peace and prosperity is way out of line.Common peace, we dont have any problems in our regions, maybe if someone over in the region would get their heads out of their ass' they could take care of the problems in their own regions by themselves instead of always calling for daddy. Instead of giving israel and army you should have helped the palestinians. Instead of attacking iraq your should have studied your own problems inside usa. We should help a corrupt government that pockets the millions of dollars gien to them instead of setting up a infrastructure like the Israelis did with money loaned to them?Instead bragging about your usage of money to un and red cross you should look where the money is really coming. European banks and banks around the world are pumping money to usa because your economy would crash without foreign loans. The problems is that bush has furged up your economy so bad that investors aren�t assured your ability to pay back your debts.What investors are these??? Last time I checked we still have the worlds best economy. Like it or not diversifying your funds throughout international locations is actually good business, not every penny needs to be on one continent, its aclled good business. There were many solutions to many problems but now when bush was re-elected (by the people or by the government?) the world has given up. It can be readed between the lines at every news that comes considering usa. Too little , too late. The main problem usa has is it�s blindness to it�s own f�ckups..I sincerely hope that something comes and saves your nation but only thing i can imagine is a bullet to bush forehead.You know that Americans voted for Bush which means he was the choice of the people, so blame the goernment all you want but 60 million people also believe in his policies and quite frankly if the world dont like it to bad. Has America made mistakes, sure no one nation is perfect. Do we own up to them, yep any American will tell you what he/she thinks were mistakes throughout our history. Will we make more in the future, yep, sure will.
-ap

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

It may be a bit more complex for you, but in interviews Bin Laden (and surely he is a good guide to the fundametalist hate twoard the US) has REPEATEDLY stated that the biggest thorn in his side is US presence in Saudi... and of course the support of Israel.

But if its more complex for you thats OK...

First off, you should be fined a nickel everytime you repeat anything Bin Laden says.

Secondly, I'm glad its okay to take a broader view of the world than through the eyes of an insane murderer. What Bin Laden says is nothing more than an example of the kinds of propaganda I spoke of in my first post on this topic. He claims one thing and blames someone else to hide his true agenda from the masses. Or do you think a man of his caliber is above such things?

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Just one responce adressing the World Court ruling... just one.. please..

How do go about explaining how the the US IS THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD to have the World Court find them guilty of INTERNATIONAL TERROR?!?!? Go on i dare you "America is great" folks to try to explain that to me... oh and explain how kind and considerate Reagans reaction was to WORLD OPINION!

The only thing the US is doing is poiting at the rest of us and laughing... thats why the rest of the planet is pissed off! You dont really need a degree in international politics to "get it".

Fine Here you want a response:

I disagree, the United States of America was never found guilty of terrorism.
The United States of America was found guilt of:
On June 27, 1986, the Court found that:
� The United States of America, by training, arming, equipping, financing and supplying the Contra forces or otherwise encouraging, supporting and aiding military and paramilitary activities in and against Nicaragua, has acted, against the Republic of Nicaragua, in breach of its obligation under customary international law not to intervene in the affairs of another State.
� The United States of America, by certain attacks on Nicaraguan territory in 1983-1984, namely attacks on Puerto Sandino on September 13 and October 14 1983, an attack on Corinto on October 10 1983; an attack on Potosi Naval Base on January 4 and 5 1984, an attack on San Juan del Sur on March 7 1984; attacks on patrol boats at Puerto Sandino on March 28 and 30 1984; and an attack on San Juan del Norte on April 9 1984; and further by those acts of intervention referred to [above] which involve the use of force, has acted, against the Republic of Nicaragua, in breach of its obligation under customary international law not to use force against another State.
� The United States of America, by directing or authorizing over Rights of Nicaraguan territory, and by the acts imputable to the United States referred to [above], has acted, against the Republic of Nicaragua, in breach of its obligation under customary international law not to violate the sovereignty of another State.
� By laying mines in the internal or territorial waters of the Republic of Nicaragua during the first months of 1984, the United States of America has acted, against the Republic of Nicaragua, in breach of its obligations under customary international law not to use force against another State, not to intervene in its affairs, not to violate its sovereignty and not to interrupt peaceful maritime commerce.
� The United States of America, by the attacks on Nicaraguan territory referred to [above], and by declaring a general embargo on trade with Nicaragua on May 1 1985, has acted in breach of its obligations under Article XIX of the Treaty of Friendship, Commerce and Navigation between the Parties signed at Managua on January 21, 1956.
� The United States of America, by producing in 1983 a manual entitled 'Operaciones sicol�gicas en guerra de guerrillas', and disseminating it to Contra forces, has encouraged the commission by them of acts contrary to general principles of humanitarian law; but does not find a basis for concluding that any such acts which may have been committed are imputable to the United States of America as acts of the United States of America.

Only one small problem with the judgment. Nicaragua could not plead a case under a ruling body that they have never subscribed to.
I agree with the Japanese judge, Oda, that the application of the violated statues is not valid in regards to Nicaragua. Their standing as a signatories for the Optional Clause is invalid. They never submitted their ratification to the League of Nations. Judge Oda is so impressed with this fact that he leads with it in his opening remarks. (1) If they did not file for coverage under the jurisdiction of the World Court, they cannot be a plaintiff.

The USA did not participate in the proceeding as a statement of dissent. This dissent stemmed from Nicaragua�s violation of the same laws that the USA were being charged with. Nicaragua and Cuba supplied weapon to overthrow the Government of El Salvador. This is an act of war and El Salvador requested the help of the USA. This request allowed the USA to act in defense of the injured party. Notice ��does not find a basis for concluding that any such acts which may have been committed are imputable to the United States of America as acts of the United States of America.�(1) This was he opinion of Judge Schwebel. (3)

So the next time you want to scream about a World Court decision, I suggest that you actually spend time reading the courts opinion (both majority and minority). The USA was found guilty of violating the sovereignty of a nation that was violating the sovereignty of another nation. By that logic every country involved in World War I guilty as well.

(1) en.wikipedia.org...
(2) www.icj-cij.org...
(3) www.icj-cij.org...

[edit on 19-11-2004 by Imperium Americana]

[edit on 19-11-2004 by Imperium Americana]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join