It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Paid Disinfo Members In Our Midst?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Skyfloating

kingears

however you would say that if you were a disinfo agent

Exactly. If I were a disinfo agent, Id say I am not. Thats why I said I am. Because Im not.

No need to pay those that willingly are born to make sure things stay the same, forever...

Most souls have no idea what governs the choices they make !!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Okay...give me your name rank and IP#

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

kingears
Take your pick from this lot...............

There have been many cases of people arrested for voicing their opinion on social media sites.

What I'm seeing from what you've posted are a handful of people arrested for threats or perceived threats of violence and in one case for a crime they confessed to online.

The kid in England telling offensive jokes about dead children and the guy in the U.S. found in contempt for complaining about his divorce trial seem wrong but hardly constitute "many cases." And the quote I was responding to was:

Trubeeleever

So if the media are banned from voicing their hatred of new reforms, and if people on facebook get arrested for saying the same things,

Where is there a case of someone in the U.S. getting arrested for "voicing hatred of new reforms" in social media or anywhere else?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kingears

Yes it happens in many instances depending what topic is the one that is in full gear at any given time, the boards seems to get an influx of new members, some are just interested in learning and sharing, but is a small group that are behind agendas.

It happens.

The last influx was during the ACA opening of their controversial site, as an example, other times are when presidential elections are near or major bills are to be debated in congress.

For some reason political issues are the hottest ones, this days.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

could also be ATS popping up on google when a breaking or new worthy event is happening... As a thread becomes popular on ATS it will be more likely to pop up in google searches on the same topic... Prompting someone who finds it to join and state their opinon...

Could explain why certain issues get such a strong reponse both negative and postive... and some dont.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

DelMarvel

kingears
Take your pick from this lot...............

There have been many cases of people arrested for voicing their opinion on social media sites.

What I'm seeing from what you've posted are a handful of people arrested for threats or perceived threats of violence and in one case for a crime they confessed to online.

The kid in England telling offensive jokes about dead children and the guy in the U.S. found in contempt for complaining about his divorce trial seem wrong but hardly constitute "many cases." And the quote I was responding to was

Trubeeleever

So if the media are banned from voicing their hatred of new reforms, and if people on facebook get arrested for saying the same things,

Where is there a case of someone in the U.S. getting arrested for "voicing hatred of new reforms" in social media or anywhere else?

If you delve deeper and research instances of people being jailed for comments made on social media I think you'll find that it is "many cases." You want specific political dissent jailings and whilst this hasn't happened to my knowledge in the US it has in the Arab world.

Tue, Nov 19 07:26 AM EST

DUBAI/KUWAIT (Reuters) - A United Arab Emirates court has jailed a man for two years for tweeting about a political trial and Kuwait handed a five-year prison term to a Kuwaiti Twitter user for insulting the Prophet Mohammad, activists and a lawyer said on Tuesday.

Link

Yes this is not a political dissenter that was jailed but a religious one, but it goes to show freedom of speech is slowly being eroded. I don't think it will be long until this is happening in the US, UK and other "democratic" nations.

King

edit on 7/12/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

You should already know this

King

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

marg6043

For some reason political issues are the hottest ones, this days.

I think this is because more people are becoming aware of the treacherous actions of our elected government officials and are finding places like this where they can converse with similarly minded people and voice their discontent. The other side of the coin is that the government is trying to stop the seeds of revolution being sown anyway they can so they hire people to praise the good work of the government.

King

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

I am not a google fan so I completely forgot about their search engine results, but remember back in 2003 when I became a lurker of this site and then a member later on, google was no even around until 2004 and still we had the same type of influx depending what topic was popular in ATS.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Yes that could be one of the main reasons, people are more aware this days of what is going on in Washington and the disappointment of voters when it comes to elected officials is growing with every election year.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

Konduit
Look at what's next to the ATS location on the Internet Map. Funny coincidence

The "Internet Map" is semantic-based. Meaning every time the "NSA" is mentioned in our millions of posts, and linked-to, the semantic connection strengthens. No surprise.

Maybe it has something to do with the NSA advertising on the site?

I don't see their ads as often, but for a while they seemed to blanket the pages I was reading...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

NSA ads what the hell are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Ad's are not picked by ATS. google looks at your viewing history and sends you them.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Goldcurrent
This place has had paid shills for years. I frequent the sight much less because of it. I think more along the lines (when logging in) of "what shillery is taking place on ATS today?"

The topics that are shouted down the loudest tend to be the ones I keep my eye on and deduce the truth may be buried in the supposed 'crazy' indeed.

Those topics that get the most attention by posts that shout them down are noteworthy clues that these topics may be close to the truth.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I've been checking this webpage out for a very long time. Occasionally, I like to debunk posts that are border line schizophrenic. Your topic isn't new, people have been pondering the idea of disinformation agents on here forever for the 5 years I've been on the website, and every time someone says it was worse than before.

I think the website's viewership has grown dramatically. This website has gone from being not mainstream at all, to a mainstream conspiracy website that occasionally even has high end advertising.

I think Government views this website constantly. It really is a portal into the fringe views of society. I don't think Government will ever worry about a site like this exposing something big enough to have to pay someone to downplay it.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

If you delve deeper and research instances of people being jailed for comments made on social media I think you'll find that it is "many cases." You want specific political dissent jailings and whilst this hasn't happened to my knowledge in the US it has in the Arab world.

James Sanders. Susan Lindauer. Both spent time in jail.

Many have simply been executed.

Not necessarily for comments on social media. But opposition to the politicians holding power.

edit on 7-12-2013 by leostokes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

AlphaHawk

Why is it always "debunkers" that are accused of being paid disinfo?

What? You think it's not possible for other conspiracy forums and websites to send people here to spread their BS?

I've seen a member here who starts threads who almost exclusively uses an extremely questionable website as a source, I'm talking 40-50 out of 60 threads.

Tell me that isn't someone with an agenda??
edit on 6-12-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

Indeed. Opposition to the truth is widespread.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Skyfloating
I was paid a generous sum at one point to post a thread about the truth in a matter, but nobody would listen, nobody cared.

Lies are worth a lot more than truth.

Those in top positions of responsibility on 9/11 publicly supporting the official story received promotions.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You also get trolls, and people spreading dis-info for their own personal agendas, no need to pay those.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hello ATS, I'm a new member and this is my first comment. I was reading this thread and wanted to add some thoughts. Now I mention I'm a newcomer and am almost certain that I am going to make an error or two when it comes to protocol and etiquette in this forum. I'll try and stay out of hot water as I have a feeling that I will find out in no uncertain terms when I misstep.

Anyways here goes nothing,

If it is ok to mention youtube here what I wanted to share is this thing called "shill fever" that is spreading like wildfire over there. Amongst the "truther" community there is allot of suspicion and paranoia going on with accusations flying over who is and who isn't a "shill" or paid spokesperson or supporter. I have seen content originators call out for producing a well made video or simply getting too many views with their first few uploads. Sometimes the "S" word comes out after a failed debate. I have seen double, triple teams of comment "gangs" join in the mayhem. There are people making attack videos on other "truthers" and it's truly a funny byproduct of the perilous conspiracy game.

My way of dealing with the question is to judge for myself whether someone is genuine and never take anyone else's word for anything, trust no one, but give all a chance. I have been fooled many times, but can't be ruled by fear of making a mistake or two. In the end I will make up my own mind on who's for real and, until that status is corrupted, I learn from and participate in, their offerings.

It is my feeling that paid agents are mostly active military types not freelancers. The NDAA includes large monetary provisions for cyber defence which would include funds for cointelpro activities. Also noted is the recent changes to G+ have brought in a new influx of trolls and the like.

Thanks for allowing me to share and be a part of the forum.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join