It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Paid Disinfo Members In Our Midst?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kingears

Yeah, I have no doubt there's one or maybe two drones here who's on a payroll paid to keep tabs on public opinions and to spread some disinformation and to counter anything his bosses don't like. There may be a few more overly zealous life challenged folks who do largely the same thing but without getting paid, they either have a personal agenda or have a vested interest in it.
I haunt some other boards and they fall into that category. Its interesting that the more pro government they are, the more they take it upon themselves to debunk and decry anything remotely conspiracy based. They also never miss a chance to try to pit people against one another be it based on race, sexual preference, economic class, immigrant status, religion, and now generational age.
One particular guy, very pro Obama, very pro government, very anti conspiracy anything fell off the boards during the government # down.
Others are new to the boards and try to incite any kind of fight they can and its pretty obvious they are not who they claim to be. These clumsy people aren't paid shills. Its the ones who seem to be very fast to counter argument and have large informational resources at their disposal. These are the ones you have to question.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Dont have to pay people to spread disinfo-

You simply infect them with MEMEs and turn them loose

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

undo
reply to post by Kali74

i have noticed, however, that one of the problems with democratic agreement (everyone agrees the poster is incorrect, for example) is that everyone agreed Galileo was wrong too. mob rule is one of the worst culprits of inhumanity and injustice and is notorious for hiding the truth or squelching it entirely.

Agreeing to disagree is much better than -- we don't agree therefore your voice will be silenced, shouted down, stamped out, banned, and any variation on that theme. the usa was supposed to protect the rights of the lone voice in the wilderness, not make it a popularity contest whether they had any rights or not

Worth repeating, imho.

INDEED. INDEED.

However, The globalist oligarchy want only robotized automaton serfs and slaves in their great tyrannical machine.

60+ years of increasingly sophisticated psych-ops and mass communications propaganda "shaping" of beliefs and behaviors has become . . . incredibly effective and entrenched.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

undo
reply to post by Kali74

i like that last bit. heard it one time in a song.
i have noticed, however, that one of the problems with democratic agreement (everyone agrees the poster is incorrect, for example) is that everyone agreed galileo was wrong too. mob rule is one of the worst culprits of inhumanity and injustice and is notorious for hiding the truth or squelching it entirely. agreeing to disagree is much better than -- we don't agree therefore your voice will be silenced, shouted down, stamped out, banned, and any variation on that theme. the usa was supposed to protect the rights of the lone voice in the wilderness, not make it a popularity contest whether they had any rights or not.

I resented debunking (vetting, fact checking, a type of peer review) for a long time too, I was unable to see the value of it. I was right because goddamn it, I was right. After a while though I began to see that I was having to suspend logic to continue with some theories or events. There are whether we like it or not absolutes in this world. Like we know that no matter how many times you throw a ball into the air it is going to fall down completely regardless of how much we want it to float.

Galileo is both a good and bad example. There was nothing democratic about why he was declared wrong or a heretic, it was theocratic... it challenged religious law, that we were the center of the universe. No other scientists were allowed to see his research. Luckily for us (though it would have happened eventually anyway) he refused to shut up and then was jailed for it which made other scientists wonder wtf... eventually there was no denying the truth of it.

You are not being silenced, you are being disagreed with. It's not a popularity contest, your theory (haven't seen it) just isn't proving true and won't if you are unjustifiably suspending other facts. Theories can't be proven because we feel they are correct.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

yeah well some folks don't fact check their own debunking. they repeat the party line. ad nauseum.
this happens everywhere, not just in science. i realize science wouldn't advance if they didn't maintain some basic truths about their fields, but to do so even in the face of other or newer evidence, is not science. the history of science is like a merry-go-round. one set of know it alls, replaced the other set of know it alls and now nobody knows anything but them just like the former set of know it als. it's frankly, frustrating.

for example, the higher critic, frederick wolfe contended that the ancient greeks couldn't write when it was said that their epics, annals and other histories were written. so all that data was catalogued under non-historical. 40 years later, following the advent of archaeology, it was determined the ancient greeks could write afterall. when questioned if grecian histories were going to be resurrected in historical texts, the answer was:

what you want to go back to believing in fairies?

a strawman argument won the day.

so here we are, thousands years later, and many ancient texts tossed in the trash heap under the premise that it's all myth, and even in the face of countless archaeological discoveries proving these things and people and places existed, and even in the face of science proving the impossible events are actually possible with science,
and it's still called myth. not just the bible, either. all of it. every ancient text is called myth. every single one.

so a debunker is sometimes not a paid shil. sometimes it's just a person who bought the democratic party line, that if more than 50% agree, than we have a winner .. of course, more than 50% can be manipulated into depriving someone of their rights, liberty and pursuit of happiness. this is not how the country is supposed to be run. it was meant to follow "do unto others as you would have them do unto you", and naturally none of us want to be voted out of existence so, it worked really well. much superior to mob rule.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

VoidHawk
Many recently left and came back with new names, anyone who knows their writing style can spot them.

I think many of us who have been around for a while have seen this happen repeatedly for years.

Nothing new.
edit on 7-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Look at what's next to the ATS location on the Internet Map. Funny coincidence

Of course there are Disinfo agents on this forum and many others such as godlikeproductions etc. The thing is I don't think they are all paid by the government or corporations, but rather attempt to use this site and others as a mouthpiece for whatever agenda they are pushing.

This new Atheist movement I've been seeing for example, forget the religious threads, I am finding this garbage everywhere. Just the other day they were ranting on the Paul Walker thread about how if God existed he must be great for letting him die etc. like really? It's getting a bit ridiculous at this point, I don't care what your beliefs are just stop pushing it every opportunity you get, you guys are starting to put these other religious bigot's to shame.
edit on 7-12-2013 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

And sometimes you are just simply wrong but can't accept it.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Konduit
Look at what's next to the ATS location on the Internet Map. Funny coincidence

The "Internet Map" is semantic-based. Meaning every time the "NSA" is mentioned in our millions of posts, and linked-to, the semantic connection strengthens. No surprise.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I know when I signed on I posted like a mating rabbit but with time and a step back I started to review my stance on what I posted back to, too many were wasted replies to troll / and or idiots.

Imagine that, troll or idiots on here...No way!!!

And yes I suspect in the political forums there's a certain influx of paid folk hoping to sway opinion and lobby but you expect to get that.

So yes OP you are right but at the end of the day its just not worth bothering about, the ATS folks in general weed them out one by one by the way the post. Just enjoy the site and forget about the paid lot, more fool the person who' paying them.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by undo

And sometimes you are just simply wrong but can't accept it.

yes it does happen. there are times when everyone is wrong. that's my point, precisely my point.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

kingears

daryllyn
reply to post by FlyersFan

In my case, I"m stuck home with chronic illness so ATS helps me keep my mind off my health issues. I'm sure I"m not the only chronically ill person on the planet to use the internet to keep their mind off how yukky they feel.

I hear you on that, FF. ATS is a great distraction, especially on the really bad days.

OP... I didn't have time to read the whole thread, so I don't know if I'm repeating anything that has already been said.

I have been accused of being a shill several times, and all I can say, is that if I am, I'd like to know where in the hell my paycheck is! It would come in handy about right now, that's for sure. Personally, I think a lot of time, that accusation is thrown around when someone isn't doing well in a debate and they use that in an attempt to discredit the other person.

With that being said, it is possible some are among the ranks here, IF (a big if) there is, I doubt there are as many as some would like to believe.

Do not worry about repeating similar opinions, another is always welcome in my world.
I think you are right in that some members use the term as a defence mechanism as they feel uncomfortable and probably at times intellectually inferior.

Hope you feel better soon

Just wanted to say thank you for wishing me well. Sometimes, when a person has a chronic illness (especially an invisible one like mine), people tend to forget and eventually, no one asks you how you are feeling and no one wishes you well any longer. So thank you for that. I certainly appreciate it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have lots shill work to do..

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

DrumsRfun

Its very normal for newer members in their excitement to post like crazy in the beginning.
I did it when I first signed up until I learned....my opinion doesn't NEED to be heard for EVERY topic and to try to post quality....not quantity.

But then again,I'm a disinfo agent. (ats staff....my check is late,whats going on??)

edit on 6-12-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

You just showed your not one lol. Check does not come from Ats lol. Comes from government via some spaghetti named company lol.

I believe there are some but some are not new, they have been here long time. Easy to spot, they are negative or pessimistic and live to show up and say prove it or produce an alien and I might believe you, might.

Some are otherwise respected members but live to argue against certain subjects period.

I mean if I don't believe in something why would I go in and disrupt a thread on a subject i don't believe in or care about. Normal people don't do this. But paid disinformation people do. There is no reason otherwise to go in and derail threads.

I personally think mods should stop them from doing this, seriously, you don't believe in ET, we get it, go post somewhere else where you do believe and actually post something positive. Lol

The Bot

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

You are most welcome. I have a chronic knee condition caused from my time in the army and if you didn't know me very well, you wouldn't even realise I had it because i just get on with my life, even if it does cause me pain and discomfort I try not to show it.

To everyone else who has contributed i thank you and i am somewhat overwhelmed by all the replies. I will try my best to read through all the replies that have been posted during my absence, (i was halfway down page 7 earlier)

King
edit on 7/12/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

daryllyn

kingears

daryllyn
reply to post by FlyersFan

In my case, I"m stuck home with chronic illness so ATS helps me keep my mind off my health issues. I'm sure I"m not the only chronically ill person on the planet to use the internet to keep their mind off how yukky they feel.

I hear you on that, FF. ATS is a great distraction, especially on the really bad days.

OP... I didn't have time to read the whole thread, so I don't know if I'm repeating anything that has already been said.

I have been accused of being a shill several times, and all I can say, is that if I am, I'd like to know where in the hell my paycheck is! It would come in handy about right now, that's for sure. Personally, I think a lot of time, that accusation is thrown around when someone isn't doing well in a debate and they use that in an attempt to discredit the other person.

With that being said, it is possible some are among the ranks here, IF (a big if) there is, I doubt there are as many as some would like to believe.

Do not worry about repeating similar opinions, another is always welcome in my world.
I think you are right in that some members use the term as a defence mechanism as they feel uncomfortable and probably at times intellectually inferior.

Hope you feel better soon

Just wanted to say thank you for wishing me well. Sometimes, when a person has a chronic illness (especially an invisible one like mine), people tend to forget and eventually, no one asks you how you are feeling and no one wishes you well any longer. So thank you for that. I certainly appreciate it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have lots shill work to do..

I too hope you are doing well. I went through similar in my life, ten years of which was living hell. You know it's all in your mind because we don't know what it is or what to do about it lol. It was hell. Could I ask what you suffer with, I understand if you don't want to share or if you did you could message me. Even with different ailments it is always nice to have someone to talk to that understands.

May God bless with peace, sleep and rest and then ease of pain and energy to burn.

The Bot

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The answer is absolutely YES. But this is a diverse group of people you are referencing. Some are paid directly by the government. Some are paid by private contractors working for the government. Some are private contractors getting paid anonymously by a third party. And finally there are corporate entities paid to work this site for various reasons. Advertising revenue is not overlooked.

Disinformation is a multi-faceted technique for manipulating the human psyche. A lot of disinformation is put forth to see how people react to certain potential scenarios. On sites like this, targets include groups of people and individuals. I would call it fishing before I would call it brainwashing.

You live in an age where humans and their ideas are commodities. Mostly people are paid to research and profile people who post, shunting that information to other agencies who then process personalities into intelligence and threat categories. Remember you live in a country whose government considers every single citizen to be a potential deadly threat to our power structure. This includes children and the handicapped. Our government has openly stated that it does not believe privacy is a right and that TOTAL SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is the ultimate goal of intelligence.

This site draws out deeply held personal beliefs. That includes religious, political,and social beliefs. People expose their rudimentary psychological state in one post. A profile can begin. The more posts and replies one makes, the faster a complex psychological profile can be created. This is the kind of site that intelligence types thrive on (literally) because it does not present the kind of inherent social 'restraints' present on social media like facebook.

A lot of the people involved represent a maturing new generation of contractors who have allegiance to nothing but the dollar. And money, after all, is why this site exists at all.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

kingears

Indeed, please elaborate on this if you will. Or are you just pulling our legs?

King

I was pulling your leg, but also meant to say that being paid to write something need not always involve FALSE information, it can also involve a certain angle someone is interested in promoting.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I figured as much, however you would say that if you were a disinfo agent

I agree with your point about it not just being false information that should be regarded as disinformation. They want us chasing our own tails so nothing is ever truly resolved.

King

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

kingears

however you would say that if you were a disinfo agent

Exactly. If I were a disinfo agent, Id say I am not. Thats why I said I am. Because Im not.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Good old reverse psychology

At least my original question has been well and truly answered, I am not alone in my observations. Mission complete

King

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join