It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Paid Disinfo Members In Our Midst?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Yes I remember said members threads, mostly sourced from BIN. I realise there are going to be operatives working both sides of an argument, but the ones "debunking" stand out more imo.

King

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

chr0naut
reply to post by kingears

Please, where may I apply for payment?

It sounds like a really great job and I'm sure that I would have the requite skills.

Contact beezer, he knows someone in HR

King

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I was paid a generous sum at one point to post a thread about the truth in a matter, but nobody would listen, nobody cared.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Nope wasn't BIN, so there must be others.

The site I was talking about is natural news.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

What thread? and who payed you?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Ah ok, the member i was referencing just reposted BIN stories. This is after we were all informed that BIN was no longer deemed a credible source by ATS. They never linked BIN directly, but it was obvious that the stories were coming from there. I think most ended up in the hoax bin after they were shot down in flames on pretty much every thread.

King

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

boymonkey74

What thread? and who payed you?

Indeed, please elaborate on this if you will. Or are you just pulling our legs?

King

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

For argument's sake . . . as a hypothetical . . .

I'm curious . . . are there NON-contrarian perspectives that you support?

Maybe I'm still sleepy, but I don't recall any.

I kind of doubt that you're a paid disinfo agent. And I don't know how one would objectively discern and detect the difference between a chronic obsessive RAD fostered contrarian stance vs a paid disinfo agent stance.

Would it be an order of DEGREE of intensity of contrarian obsessiveness?

Would it be an order of percentage of such topics which were NOT responded to with abject fierce and reflexive contrarian posts and perspectives? i.e. 0-0.0001% (paid agent) vs say 5-15% (RAD fostered compulsive contrarian)?

It's an interesting academic sort of psychological question.

Off the top of my head, I'd think that paid disinfo agents would be slightly to moderately LESS intense and less knee-jerk immediately fiercely contrarian.

On the other hand, probably a good percentage of paid disinfo agents WOULD ALSO BE RAD fostered compulsive, reflexive contrarian in their personality, psycho-dynamics, motivations, drivenness etc.

Still, there's nothing quite like a JOB to take the edge off of a passionate, internal motivation.

On the other hand . . . a very diligent . . . perhaps money hungry worker in a context of generous bonuses . . . could theoretically behave very much like a RAD fostered compulsive contrarian.

And . . . there's the issue of such individuals' original, dyed-in-the-wool liberal globalist politics. One would THINK that the hiring policies and strategies would weed out any but such TRUE BELIEVER GLOBALISTS.

And, I think TRUE BELIEVER GLOBALISTS (TBG's hereafter) would behave very much like RAD fostered compulsive contrarians. There's more than a few DYED-IN-THE-WOOL atheists hereon who behave similarly. They are likely RAD fostered compulsive contrarians, too.

IF a TBG is an intense globalist, then they WOULD BEHAVE very much like a rabid . . . what . . . a rabid Muslim or other rabid extrinsic religionist. Some of the rabid atheists hereon behave like that.

What an interesting puzzle to try and unravel.

Alas, I don't have sufficient interest to dedicate sufficient time and energy to get very far with it--if that's even possible from such a practical distance. I'd think that one would need a lot more than observable posted variables to make much progress on the sorting out--e.g. ISP's and some very sophisticated statistics on word choices, pattern recognition software, ISP kinds of stats, comparisons with similar posters etc.

I do believe that ATS MUST have some of the higher percentages of paid trolls around. It's logical as the largest alternative, 'conspiracy' site around. I think that

www.FREEREPUBLIC.COM...

would be similar as the largest opposition to such site. And, some of the trollish behaviors are similar even though the average politics of the majority of the members are opposite.

There, some of the paid trolls seem to have wormed their way into the confidence of the founder early on. That's logical as a strategy . . . if I were the supervisor of paid trolls, I'd have insured that such would be the case early on with rising stars of such sites. Sometimes, it seems like the same is true of ATS. In the early years, some of the mods seemed to fit that category.

I mostly don't think we can remotely reliably tell from the average members' position. I don't think it would be easy for the management to tell. There's just toooo many seriously confounding complex issues.

But it WOULD somewhat nicely explain some very chronic behavior on the part of some hereon. LOL.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
With the many thousands of members on this site, it would almost surprise me if there wasn't at least ONE paid disinformant who is a frequent poster, and most likely formally associated with the spookocracy (the real government), but I seriously doubt it is or has ever been a major occurrence here, if at all, though I could be wrong.

Too many people aren't aware of the existence of identical, or very similar, MENTALITIES as the dogmatic enforcers of the existing corrupt-as-hell political world. Such people are too often ASSUMED to be paid shills when they're merely ordinary slobs unconsciously doing the Big Brother propaganda machine work FOR the (real) government. It's simply yet another freebie that the spookocracy gets. The parallel is how those in the "mainstream" media, and particularly on TV, are not formally associated with the government, or however often, but they have the same entirely prosaic, narrow-minded attitude/outlook/personality that sufficiently spreads the lies FOR the government. Plausible deniability personified. Liberal versus conservative, Democrat or Republican makes absolutely ZERO difference. It's all an illusion. 9/11, anyone?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

If you are online you are susceptible to rubbing elbows with the paid shills. Watch the highly touchy subjects and see for yourself. Not just here but on any discussion forum.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

We LOVE you so much Sky, miss your outstanding threads so very much. You must be writing books now or something. (Your sense of humor is dry and devil may care. )

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

DelMarvel

Trubeeleever
So if the media are banned from voicing their hatred of new reforms, and if people on facebook get arrested for saying the same things, ...

Who gets arrested for saying things on Facebook?

I see all kinds of extreme comments on FB all the time and none of my friends have been arrested.

Do you have a link to what you're talking about?

Take your pick from this lot, apologies for the laziness of my reply, I'm out christmas shopping for the kids at the moment and the Mrs is demanding my full attention

There have been many cases of people arrested for voicing their opinion on social media sites.

King

edit on 7/12/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Disinfo Members are usually polite and very crude. Sometimes hard to detect.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Can someone post the link for the application ? I want to apply for the job. Might as well get paid since I am on here every day anyway.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Aazadan
The fact is there is classified information posted openly on this website, part of the game though is that it's not flagged as such, it's simply another random opinion.

Perfect observation. If this site were being monitored ... the owners know it. Fact.

Any other government activity, uncovered by the membership of this site (and I'm sure it would be), would be one of the darkest black-eyes of embarrassment of all time. WHY would the government pay anyone, ask anyone, encourage anyone ... to have anything to do with a conspiracy website. Try and imagine the flood of new members if such a revelation were made public in the MSM. If the government had a problem with this site today, they wouldn't wait for tomorrow to shut it down.

As for monitoring this site, why would TPTB have to 'plant' anyone for that? They could intercept every keystroke before it was posted and assign an analyst to specific requirements without any direct interaction whatsoever.

I've lost count of the accusations against me. It's just hurt feelings and the subsequent name calling IMO.

-Cheers

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

as have i (lost count that is). and now that were on that subject, allow me to apologize for jumping on you in my flood thread. hopefully you understand how frustrating it is to be told a subject isn't scientifically validated and when validation is offered, it's totally ignored in lieu of regurgitating the same worn out 500 year old papal view, which pre-dated archaeology, geology and pretty much every other science. you were not the first to do that, just one in a long chain and i, regrettably, spewed my vitriol about it in your direction. i sincerely hope you'll forgive me for that.

edit on 7-12-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
ATS' motto is: Deny Ignorance. We are supposed to debunk nonsense, not just have a circle jerk that reinforces ignorance. Of course what is nonsense is in the eye of the beholder. No one should expect to come here with their theories and expect everyone to agree with them. If you come and post a known hoax expect someone to trounce you for it. If you come posting something that hasn't been proven a hoax but most people don't buy it, they will call you out on it.

Conspiracies exist in this world and it's good to discuss them, it's good to inform others, it's even better to prove them. One of my favorite quotes is:

Keep an open mind just not so open that your brain falls out.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Seven smilies for you. No apologies necessary ... ever.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

i like that last bit. heard it one time in a song.
i have noticed, however, that one of the problems with democratic agreement (everyone agrees the poster is incorrect, for example) is that everyone agreed galileo was wrong too. mob rule is one of the worst culprits of inhumanity and injustice and is notorious for hiding the truth or squelching it entirely. agreeing to disagree is much better than -- we don't agree therefore your voice will be silenced, shouted down, stamped out, banned, and any variation on that theme. the usa was supposed to protect the rights of the lone voice in the wilderness, not make it a popularity contest whether they had any rights or not.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Skyfloating
I was paid a generous sum at one point to post a thread about the truth in a matter, but nobody would listen, nobody cared.

hmm...interesting admission there, sky....care to elaborate?
my 2 cents on the subject...
all of us need to trust in something or someone, or you would devolve into madness. there are people out there that want to confuse and frustrate others to the point, that they no longer believe any side(s) to the argument, and drop any type of further activity. it's important for all of us to take sometime each day and be alone and separated from any type of distraction....to simply think. to be in a constant connection with a device or person, you could lose touch with who you actually are, and what are your core beliefs....this is my brief amateurish wandering into the esoteric.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join