It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Paid Disinfo Members In Our Midst?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I would assume there are PAID members of the Law Enforcement and Intelligence communities who trawl this site, among many.

If they are paid to trawl these sites, then I assume it would also be part of their agenda to put out fires during times of mass public paranoia. Certain events like the Boston Bombings would elicit a multitude of agents working O/T just to try and control the conflicting facts as interpreted by people like Alex Jones.

However it's no secret that people like you and I voice our inner most concerns on this public forum, needless to say government monitors would use the feedback obtained from this site to moderate the next "Sales Pitch" for whatever product they need to sell to you next.

I'm just watching TV in Australia now and I see the no.1 salesman himself is pitching new NSA reforms as I type this.

So if the media are banned from voicing their hatred of new reforms, and if people on facebook get arrested for saying the same things, then how do TPTB know that the public despises everything they do and does not believe anything they say. They need a pressure release valve to remain open so as to gauge the amount steam which needs to be vented.

We are the pulse of current affairs.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kingears

Why is it always "debunkers" that are accused of being paid disinfo?

What? You think it's not possible for other conspiracy forums and websites to send people here to spread their BS?

I've seen a member here who starts threads who almost exclusively uses an extremely questionable website as a source, I'm talking 40-50 out of 60 threads.

Tell me that isn't someone with an agenda??
edit on 6-12-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

I've seen a member here who starts threads who almost exclusively uses an extremely questionable website as a source, I'm talking 40-50 out of 60 threads.

Tell me that isn't someone with an agenda??

haha yeah I've seen a few threads like that. Lets just say I wont be buying any survival equipment soon just because someone says FESA is doing exercises..

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I can't chime in about this specific forum but what I do know is that on another forum that will not be named, while I was a moderator there, had a certain poster who always used proxies and posted on specific politically charged threads with a very in-line opinion. He screwed up one night and forgot to proxy. IP went back to Langley, VA. And that occurred 9-10 years ago, btw.

Ever since then, I've viewed posters on forums in a different light. He was slightly obvious in that he got our attention in the first place because of the way he posted and more. He had a tendency to soap box and like I said, his opinions were very in-line with the Bush Administration. We were ordered to not touch him with a 10 ft pole by the site owner who simply did not want to invite trouble. Like I said, that was on one forum but I still look for the patterns that I saw in that one guy we knew for sure was atypical in posters wherever I go--especially on conspiracy forums. There was also another poster there that was being paid to read the forums by a wealthy European. I'd heard about that from the site administrator and other moderators and thought they were being silly. Changed my mind after having to moderate his employee and receiving an email from his boss, himself. He apologized for his employee's rudeness, blaming his youth, and stated that the young man wasn't really supposed to post himself but what could he (the boss) do? That was kind of creepy, too.

Overall, most posters, at least from what I could tell there, were actually regular people with an interest and willingness to share their opinion. The number of curious posters was minute in comparison but, then again, this was 9-10 years ago. I can only imagine that this has increased as internet use has increased but I bet it's still a very small number and it's most likely not all government.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Not sure about the new member thing but there are definitely paid disinfo agents on sites like this.
There was actually a thread about a year ago warning about some body of the E.U. advertising for people to counter anti E.U. topics on the internet.
So all you nah sayers,do you think they wouldn't work on the biggest conspiracy website online which has a huge political forum?
No doubt Israel and various other countries has a similar set of paid agents

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

kingears
Hmm what just happened here then

The thread just went all bizarre, anyone else notice this?

King

It's a bug in the forum. If you post the last post on a page, you sometimes get the blank page o' doom on the refresh. You often have to exit the thread and reenter.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

woo, off i go to read read read. ty!
this looks fascinating. i had no idea the venus statues were depicting the first use of woven fabric
i was too freaked out by the fact they looked like they had pigs feet and lizard skin lol

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well, there are definitely people in the 'community' that post here occasionally. I don't know about being paid disinfo agents, though.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Soon after finding this site a few years ago I saw a video by Johnny Anonymous who quoted a thread in which the thread starter brought to light that some politiican was calling upon the government to insert people into chat rooms similar to ATS for the purpose of "undermining the factual basis and logic' of threads and posts.

Not long after that, I began to notice that the first few posters of most new threads were always negative to the claim/assertions made by the thread starter. It is particularly the case in UFO and government conspiracy threads.

I invite the reader to take note of how many threads they notice where this is the case.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Speculation abounds. It is hard to say factually or with any certainty but wisdom tells me this is highly probable. Then again some people here have a chip on their shoulders about certain groups and tend to be "serial debunkers". I think you can tell from a persons posting history and not the post count. If a person post nothing other than news articles for instance supporting a particular stance or issue and never responds to debate this is possibly an indicator of a mockingbird type infiltration/dissemination.

Then again trolling is a form of cyber warfare these days and some people seem to only derail threads and hinder discussion. Some people I have suspected of being shills I will check their post history and discover they screw around in OT stuff all of the time which probably is not conducive to running an op. Logically I think if anyone was here and paid by the government specifically they would be working very hard to network and infiltrate a mod position to have further control. Which is funny to me because certain discussions seem to always disappear no matter how vocal people are about having them or how civilized the discourse remains .

Just look to cases where the FBI and NSA have infiltrated online credit card theft rings to get an idea of some of the infiltration tactics. The best way would be for someone to become a mod and send things to the hoax bin or delete threads and generally possess an authoritative presence that would hinder discussion of truly controlled info in my opinion. They wouldn't need to run the site just be able to steer it.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The problem with threads like this is that they trample on the ability of people who are here for legitimate purposes to disagree with anything, discourse normally needs two sides, and in most cases three. However, when you start to single out people because you think X is a Paid Disinfo Artist, based solely on your own subjective reasoning, it becomes a problem, and contributes to the thread in question or topic in question becoming muddied with a lot of inane stupidity.

It was for a time, and I know Tenth and Skeptic remember it, cool to come onto a thread and accuse anyone that disagreed of being a shill or a disinfo agent without proof, but to get others thinking that they were and to not pay attention to them, which prompted the rule: NO calling other members either of those things.

You know there probably are people paid to be here, so what, if they wanna let them, the problem again arises if you make a subjective comment based not in fact, but in your own desire for it to be true.

Once that claim is made it's over for any thread..

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

The GUT
Of course we're not alone. Very silly and naive of those who think we are. That's not to say that the "disinfo" term doesn't get thrown haphazardly around, though, because it does.

Ratio? Who knows? Honeypot isn't too farfetched either, however, for those that have done their homework and understand history.

edit on 6-12-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

So much truth, had to quote.

I'm on the fence on most every topic, since I try to balance intuition with reason/logic. My personal experiences have had much to do with discarding some logic. But intuition only points me in directions without many answers, just more questions. BOTH are valid and using 100% of either is foolish IMO. The 100% rational minds on ATS tend to annoy me since they only try to discredit any new concept or theory (typical debunker/skeptic), since they also tend to interpret every topic as an attempt at conveying fact.

Nietzsche I think said there are no facts, just interpretations. And then Bill Cooper goes on to say that if you could prove anything, just one thing, that you should fight to prove it with your life, since there are so few unprovable things in this reality.

I think IMHO the human soul is the most precious commodity there is. When collective consciousness is applied effectively it changes the entire universe. ATS discusses radical theories, and reaches tons of souls. So why wouldn't the superpowers of the world be interested?

Is your answer logical? intuitive? or both?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Please, where may I apply for payment?

It sounds like a really great job and I'm sure that I would have the requite skills.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

It occurs to me that the site owner must be getting paid!

How deep does the rabbit hole go??

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

learnatic

Soon after finding this site a few years ago I saw a video by Johnny Anonymous who quoted a thread in which the thread starter brought to light that some politiican was calling upon the government to insert people into chat rooms similar to ATS for the purpose of "undermining the factual basis and logic' of threads and posts.

Not long after that, I began to notice that the first few posters of most new threads were always negative to the claim/assertions made by the thread starter. It is particularly the case in UFO and government conspiracy threads.

I invite the reader to take note of how many threads they notice where this is the case.

Learnatic
nice reply and no doubt there is much truth in what you say.

I have noticed that trend in UFO forums but the mainstream acceptance of UFO's, alien origins or not, are gaining a lot of traction of late.

So hopefully even if the paid cyber-spooks continue to sabotage UFO threads, their attempts will be in vane.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Trubeeleever

ya also have the problem that out of those who believe people are having bizarre abduction experiences, not all of them believe the ET is from another planet but rather another dimension or spiritual plane. so you have more than one set of beliefs disagreeing on these topics some of who disagree because of their interpretation of ancient texts and some who think the whole thing is just disinfo and some who think it might might be possible and some who think it's just human governments abusing each other's citizens outside the laws governing human experimentation and so on and so on. it's nearly as complicated as religious debates.
edit on 7-12-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

What can government do about conspiracy theories? Among the things it can do,
what should it do? We can readily imagine a series of possible responses. (1)
Government might ban conspiracy theorizing. (2) Government might impose some kind
of tax, financial or otherwise, on those who disseminate such theories. (3) Government
might itself engage in counterspeech, marshaling arguments to discredit conspiracy
theories. (4) Government might formally hire credible private parties to engage in
counterspeech. (5) Government might engage in informal communication with such
parties, encouraging them to help. Each instrument has a distinctive set of potential
effects, or costs and benefits, and each will have a place under imaginable conditions.
However, our main policy idea is that government should engage in cognitive infiltration
of the groups that produce conspiracy theories, which involves a mix of (3), (4) and (5).

Conspiracy Theories by Cass R. Sunstein

They exist, denying that is either ignorant or complicit.

So what is Cass doing with himself these days??

ETA: Ignorant and complicit, because most are too stupid to hide the fact. Your tax dollars at work

edit on 7-12-2013 by cartenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
got carried away playing the clown
edit on 7-12-2013 by Fatmandy because: Have you noticed some independent pizza places do much better pizzas than pizzashed or Domenose? And cheaper! When did £17 become acceptable for a inferior pizza interpretation?

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Trubeeleever
So if the media are banned from voicing their hatred of new reforms, and if people on facebook get arrested for saying the same things, ...

Who gets arrested for saying things on Facebook?

I see all kinds of extreme comments on FB all the time and none of my friends have been arrested.

Do you have a link to what you're talking about?

learnatic

As far as UFOs go what you actually need to worry about is all the misinformation/disinformation being spread by people and organizations with various agendas. That constitutes an overwhelming percentage of what you see or read on the subject in all media. If you're really interested in the truth on the phenomenon the complete skeptics are doing you a favor by helping weed out all the BS.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
While I can't prove who is/isn't a disinfo agent (and honestly, I don't pay enough attention to most poster names to know for certain) I'm certain there are some here. I imagine there's 1 or 2 NSA people that just monitor the site, then I expect there's some people confined mainly to the political sections that are paid for by the Democrats and Republicans as well as someone to push the current administrations agenda. This may all be the same 1 or 2 people.

On top of that I would be very surprised if the military didn't post in the forums about our hardware. The fact is there is classified information posted openly on this website, part of the game though is that it's not flagged as such, it's simply another random opinion. Keeping track of who posts that information, as well as keeping the signal to noise ratio high so that it doesn't stand out is just part of basic secret keeping. To be honest I assume they take it to the next level and leak some classified information themselves just to make that information look less credible in the event another country gets it.

Whoever or whatever is behind the UFO/Abduction phenomena probably keeps tabs on that section as well, that also seems like a section that's prime to have widespread disinfo to make the whole thing look ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join