It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Paid Disinfo Members In Our Midst?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
People disagree on this site..
Some folks see a false flag or conspiracy in every single while others don't.
I am one of the people that does not.
If this site is about denying ignorance then you need both sides of the equation.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'll say what I always say in these threads. What would be the point? For one the general public doesn't listen to the conspiracy community. Secondly, we do more to discredit ourselves than any disinfo agent could. Even if someone on this site discovered a real conspiracy it would be drowned out by dozens of other theories with the craziest being the most popular and nobody outside of this site would care one way or the other. If anyone are the disinfo agents it's the ones that claim "triangles" on the Sun are stargates and that the planes on 9/11 were holograms. These people do more to discredit conspiracy theorists as a whole than any number of "debunkers" ever could.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

undo
reply to post by VoidHawk

yeah i love anything to do with:

ancient history
anything related to ancient history
any alternative views on ancient history
any classical views on ancient history
anything to do with natural medicine
ancient high technology

so i'm guilty of latching on to the topics of that nature. of course, i don't have a standard view of any of it. mainstream, i am not.

are you referring to ET topics ?

Ah, ancient history data. I had to jump in (I'm almost off the clock and have to catch up with the Colonel and his "secretary" for drinks over at the disinfo officers club, so this will be quick). Check out the second link in my signature if you've never visited that thread. You may find yourself falling in love with a guy who has created one of the most interesting single-person websites on this ole web.

As for this topic (yes, I'll hurry, give me a minute, grab my coat, will you O'Malley?) if there are disinfo folks walking the cyberhalls, we should welcome them with open arms. They will be some of the people who push us to prove our points - I'm in the midst of a thread I've been having to drag uphill since it started but it's finally settling on level ground - and then we have to pick up our game. No problem with any of that myself. OK, gotta run or I'll be late for the "war stories" as we call them.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I say most definitely yes! In a way, wouldn't they be crazy and stupid not to? (After putting ethics, truth and justice out of the way of course).

Except I'd also say they're few and far between (except at election time when they come out of the woodwork again). They can be because they know they just have to throw a wrench in the works and others will pick it up and run with it. And half the battle plan is to divide and conquer, so just starting a fight works to derail any meaningful discussion, and perpetuates the fighting and hating amongst ourselves that works so well for them.

But I'm pretty sure that not all "disinfo agents" know they are or would consider themselves as such. Some people receive and "share" the party talking points and believe they are posting the truth and correcting disinfo... only to find out too late it wasn't what it seemed (if they find out at all)... they were just spreading propaganda and misinformation.

I don't think it matters though in the end. One, because I can't know what is in someone else's heart and what their true intentions are, and I'd much rather assume they are sincere and of good intentions (even if I disagree); Two, we're engaging in a battle of ideas fought with words, so no matter what the intentions of the other, I still must counter their ideas and words with my ideas and words.

It's so simple and yet not.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

daryllyn
reply to post by FlyersFan

In my case, I"m stuck home with chronic illness so ATS helps me keep my mind off my health issues. I'm sure I"m not the only chronically ill person on the planet to use the internet to keep their mind off how yukky they feel.

I hear you on that, FF. ATS is a great distraction, especially on the really bad days.

OP... I didn't have time to read the whole thread, so I don't know if I'm repeating anything that has already been said.

I have been accused of being a shill several times, and all I can say, is that if I am, I'd like to know where in the hell my paycheck is! It would come in handy about right now, that's for sure. Personally, I think a lot of time, that accusation is thrown around when someone isn't doing well in a debate and they use that in an attempt to discredit the other person.

With that being said, it is possible some are among the ranks here, IF (a big if) there is, I doubt there are as many as some would like to believe.

Do not worry about repeating similar opinions, another is always welcome in my world.
I think you are right in that some members use the term as a defence mechanism as they feel uncomfortable and probably at times intellectually inferior.

Hope you feel better soon

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Cass Sunstein has admitted as much.
This isn't even a subject open for debate anymore.
We have to fight our own government to find the truth and to get it out.
What a shameful situation.

Almost 200 years ago the Rothschilds made a great deal of money by simply having the first person to tell the English the lie that Napoleon had won the battle of Waterloo.
The MO and the goals remain the same.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kingears

Interesting post.

Disinfo members is always a possibility. Hell... i would be surprised if ATS wasn't monitored by the government, seeing how much info passes on this site daily.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I find it funny how I was called delusional for thinking there are "disinfo" agents using this site by a member who has since vanished from the thread after I questioned the defensive nature of their posts, hmm I wonder

King
edit on 6/12/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

Thank you

That was is my reasoning as well. They want total control of information. They cannot have that yet, so they muddy the waters.

King

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Xcalibur254
I'll say what I always say in these threads. What would be the point? For one the general public doesn't listen to the conspiracy community. Secondly, we do more to discredit ourselves than any disinfo agent could. Even if someone on this site discovered a real conspiracy it would be drowned out by dozens of other theories with the craziest being the most popular and nobody outside of this site would care one way or the other. If anyone are the disinfo agents it's the ones that claim "triangles" on the Sun are stargates and that the planes on 9/11 were holograms. These people do more to discredit conspiracy theorists as a whole than any number of "debunkers" ever could.

No better way to discredit us as lunatics than to make more and more ridiculous conspiracy theories. Who do you think really puts these out in the public domain?

King

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

kingears
I find it funny how I was called delusional for thinking there are "disinfo" agents using this site by a member who has since vanished from the thread after I questioned the defensive nature of their posts, hmm I wonder

King

the thread is interesting, but that comment was a low blow. Please read about Joe McCarthy. No, no, not the baseball manager, the Senator. He'd say stuff like that.

No, not him! The other one. The Senator. But wait a minute, this guy was pretty good!
edit on 6-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Boadicea
I say most definitely yes! In a way, wouldn't they be crazy and stupid not to? (After putting ethics, truth and justice out of the way of course).

Except I'd also say they're few and far between (except at election time when they come out of the woodwork again). They can be because they know they just have to throw a wrench in the works and others will pick it up and run with it. And half the battle plan is to divide and conquer, so just starting a fight works to derail any meaningful discussion, and perpetuates the fighting and hating amongst ourselves that works so well for them.

But I'm pretty sure that not all "disinfo agents" know they are or would consider themselves as such. Some people receive and "share" the party talking points and believe they are posting the truth and correcting disinfo... only to find out too late it wasn't what it seemed (if they find out at all)... they were just spreading propaganda and misinformation.

I don't think it matters though in the end. One, because I can't know what is in someone else's heart and what their true intentions are, and I'd much rather assume they are sincere and of good intentions (even if I disagree); Two, we're engaging in a battle of ideas fought with words, so no matter what the intentions of the other, I still must counter their ideas and words with my ideas and words.

It's so simple and yet not.

THIS!!!!

It's a learning curve trying to spot 'them'. Lots of hit and run, slightly snarky posts, never any evidence of any research, simply parroting the company (CIA) line... and definitely evidence in the more active threads of an alter-ego or accomplice. I think they come out the most on the 9-11, aliens, and political threads. I wouldn't even see the need for them on other issues, except maybe the medical ones. (Read G. Edward Griffin to bullet-proof yourself on that score)

It's a subtle education in graduate-level sheep-washing techniques, courtesy of people who really should consider putting their talents to work in other endeavors.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Aleister

kingears

King

the thread is interesting, but that comment was a low blow. Please read about Joe McCarthy. No, no, not the baseball manager, the Senator. He'd say stuff like that.

No, not him! The other one. The Senator. But wait a minute, this guy was pretty good!
edit on 6-12-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

I just found their behaviour strange, and similar to what has been discussed in this thread. Compared to a politician. Ouch

King

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Right good people its time for me to hit the hay. I am always logged in so apologies if I do not reply to your posts until tomorrow. I am not being ignorant, I need my beauty sleep

Night all, King

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I wish I could get paid to be a disinformation agent! It stinks to spend all day spreading disinformation as a hobby and not make a dime from it.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kingears

Whoops, no, I didn't want you to feel bad. But you may have made the poster you alluded to feel like they are now under suspicion. So my apologies, and (I'm coming, dudes, just a minute, I've just got to derail this one thread and I'll be right with you) I think you've already proven your point as one of the top folks here has already says that disinfo agents are probably here. Just not kosher to point fingers and label anyone, imnho, but I'm just another poster too. As I said, bring on the disinfo, it makes us stronger and gives them some good conversation to take home to the wife and kids.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord
I say this because I can remember at least three occasions where they were caught.

One was a member who worked for a contractor under the employ of the Defense Intelligence Agency. He admitted guilt because he ended up really liking ATS.

Another was a key instigator in the whole "Project Serpo" fiasco.

And yet another was involved in some UFO madness, posting from a library down the street from a defense contractor, who also later admitted guilt because he ended up liking ATS.

I don't know the details so correct me if I'm wrong but don't at least two of those cases involve posters who were proponents of theories rather than skeptics or debunkers?

That seems totally plausible to me and there seems to be some real evidence of that happening in the past at least in the UFO field.

But someone being paid to argue against the more outlandish conspiracy theories makes far less sense and that's usually the circumstance when charges of "shill" or "disinfo" are made.

edit on 6-12-2013 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I think we all can agree that it is common knowledge that the powers that be do actually use disinfo 'agents' and spread false flag rumors. This much has been agreed upon, no? Having said that, ATS in my humble opinion would be near the top of such web sites for such things due to its content and rather large (and active) user base, this is something I think most would also agree upon. Now, with regards to personal opinion, I personally believe there are some here, and one or 2 rather well known members at that. I would not be entirely shocked to see they had infiltrated the staff as well.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Disinfo agents?

I don't know.

Anal cavaties that think they are experts because they click on the first link on a Google search?

You betcha.

It doesn't matter though.

Barely anybody here does any real research or uses links anymore.

But everybody is an expert.

I used to give a damn, I used to put forth serious research time and effort for correct information. Now people come in and basically trash threads by bombarding them with "know it all expert opinions" and 30 second Google popular searches, and people eat up the BS.

Deny Ignorance has seemed to turned into Enbrace Ignorance.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Of course we're not alone. Very silly and naive of those who think we are. That's not to say that the "disinfo" term doesn't get thrown haphazardly around, though, because it does.

Ratio? Who knows? Honeypot isn't too farfetched either, however, for those that have done their homework and understand history.

edit on 6-12-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join