It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Paid Disinfo Members In Our Midst?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
answer to your question...

most definetly .. there's a mega thread of a guy on there that states such ..

and yes.. he was paid to be a dis-info agent of a corporation for another site dealing with Israel

kingears
This is an observation more than anything, and i obviously do not have any solid proof. However In the last couple of months I have noticed an increasing number of new members who, given the length of time they have been here, have an incredible amount of posts (500+ within a month of signing up). Many of these seem to be here to debunk conspiracy topics, Are these just regular people with nothing better to do than spend A LOT of time here, or as the thread title suggests, paid government workers who's task is to misinform?

I would screenshot some members mini profiles and cover up any identifiable aspects as an example. However I fear this is against the T&Cs of the site so I won't for now, unless asked to.

Am I alone in this observation?

Thank you for your time

Mods: Please move to the appropriate forum if needs be, but i figured skunk works was a good place for this.

King

edit on 6/12/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
definitely. i will never forget when the repubs decided to put sarah palin on the ticket for vp.
you shoulda seen all the new posters. it was an onslaught. all of it negative.

and every time the pope says "hello", we get a positive recounting of it

and every 20 seconds i think, there's another thread about how christians suck or jesus never existed
or if you believe in a higher power, ufos, extra-terrestrials or paranorma stuff, you're a moron

and we frequently get very awesome ancient history threads which are populated by awesome posters but also frequented by many of the same debunkers, saying the same negative stuff, often without reading more than the title.

whatever you do, don't post pics of stuff you see on other planets, unless you have nerves of steel and are in a good mood to begin with. hehe.

so yeah, there's probably a quite a few, some are seasonal, many are political, and a great deal of them are all over any subject relating to secret technology. that's another area you want to avoid posting on unless you're in a great mood and aren't easily offended.

this is a good place to learn how not to wear your ego on your sleeve, but it can also give you an inferiority complex if you don't have something positive to offset it.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

kingears
Are these just regular people with nothing better to do than spend A LOT of time here, or as the thread title suggests, paid government workers who's task is to misinform?

In my case, I"m stuck home with chronic illness so ATS helps me keep my mind off my health issues. I'm sure I"m not the only chronically ill person on the planet to use the internet to keep their mind off how yukky they feel.

boymonkey74
I wish someone would pay me to be on ATS all the time

Oh man ... me too! That'd be great!!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Yes. And we finally got a good dental plan and a matching 401k!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Dammit...you got a dental plan??
Do I smell funny or something??

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

yep, me too, sorry to hear you're not feeling well. hugs and best wishes for a speedy recovery

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

beezzer

beeeezzzzer

you're terminally cute, ya know that?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

beezzer

A union job?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

LDragonFire

beezzer

A union job?

No, gone corporate.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

DrumsRfun
reply to post by beezzer

Give Shillington & Associates a call, I'll tell HR and give you a good reference.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

DrumsRfun
reply to post by kingears

Its very normal for newer members in their excitement to post like crazy in the beginning.
I did it when I first signed up until I learned....my opinion doesn't NEED to be heard for EVERY topic and to try to post quality....not quantity.

But then again,I'm a disinfo agent. (ats staff....my check is late,whats going on??)

edit on 6-12-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

A rare confession!

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I wish I could get payed for spreading facts, logic and common sense but, no dice. It seems nobody cares what people at ATS think.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

FlyersFan

kingears
Are these just regular people with nothing better to do than spend A LOT of time here, or as the thread title suggests, paid government workers who's task is to misinform?

In my case, I"m stuck home with chronic illness so ATS helps me keep my mind off my health issues. I'm sure I"m not the only chronically ill person on the planet to use the internet to keep their mind off how yukky they feel

Then you have what I would say is a legitimate reason for being an ATS fiend
Maybe my use of the term "regular people" was not the best choice of words, but I sympathise with your situation and commend you on keeping an active mind. No better place to do so in my opinion
. I wish you good health.

PS - I know the written word can be taken the wrong way, and I mean no offence with the above post

King

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

beezzer

DrumsRfun
reply to post by beezzer

Give Shillington & Associates a call, I'll tell HR and give you a good reference.

Beezer you crack me up, love your sense of humour

King

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

MrSpad
I wish I could get payed for spreading facts, logic and common sense but, no dice. It seems nobody cares what people at ATS think.

Alas I'm perceived as a conspiracy nutter by family and friends for frequenting good 'ole ATS

But there are occasions when I at least make them sit up and think logically about things and question the MSM take on things. Baby steps.

King

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This place has had paid shills for years. I frequent the sight much less because of it. I think more along the lines (when logging in) of "what shillery is taking place on ATS today?"

The topics that are shouted down the loudest tend to be the ones I keep my eye on and deduce the truth may be buried in the supposed 'crazy' indeed.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

I take the same approach, people dismiss things far too quickly nowadays. Shame.

King

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

kingears
Am I alone in this observation?

No your not.
In fact this thread is the kind of thing they post in order to give themselves the chance to tell everyone how "delusional" we all are for even thinking such a think.

For anyone interested I'd say observation is key!
Certain members have certain subjects that they specialize in, they're always there when a thread of that subject comes up, usually within seconds!, and they wont leave the thread until its dead!
They often work in pairs, this enables them to steer the subject in their desired direction.

Many recently left and came back with new names, anyone who knows their writing style can spot them.

For those who think it's delusional, I have to ask how you explain the increasing number of job vacancies for this very role?

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

In my case, I"m stuck home with chronic illness so ATS helps me keep my mind off my health issues. I'm sure I"m not the only chronically ill person on the planet to use the internet to keep their mind off how yukky they feel.

I hear you on that, FF. ATS is a great distraction, especially on the really bad days.

OP... I didn't have time to read the whole thread, so I don't know if I'm repeating anything that has already been said.

I have been accused of being a shill several times, and all I can say, is that if I am, I'd like to know where in the hell my paycheck is! It would come in handy about right now, that's for sure. Personally, I think a lot of time, that accusation is thrown around when someone isn't doing well in a debate and they use that in an attempt to discredit the other person.

With that being said, it is possible some are among the ranks here, IF (a big if) there is, I doubt there are as many as some would like to believe.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

yeah i love anything to do with:

ancient history
anything related to ancient history
any alternative views on ancient history
any classical views on ancient history
anything to do with natural medicine
ancient high technology

so i'm guilty of latching on to the topics of that nature. of course, i don't have a standard view of any of it. mainstream, i am not.

are you referring to ET topics ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join