It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Paid Disinfo Members In Our Midst?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Im sure there are disinfo agents here but its kinda unnecessary, theres enough unpaid people on the side of every argument to make them redundant.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kingears

There are definitely disinfo agents on this site. I know because if I write a thread lets say on something like moon artificial structures, the first three pages of the thread im getting vehemently attacked with stupid one line quips and dum rhetorical arguments like pixilation, scale, shadows, overexposure....blha blah...to you disinfo agents out there your not clever enough to beat me, micromorons.
edit on 6-12-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kingears

If there are people, who pay people to troll forums, they are certainly wasting their money.

If there have been such members, I have never encountered them, nor had to deal with them in any fashion related to the T&C or just in general posting.

The more likely answer is that we have an influx of people who are new to this line of thinking and believe anything the MSM tell them, so they come here to debunk. Most however, end up changing their tune if they stay here long enough.

~Tenth

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

kingears
This is an observation more than anything, and i obviously do not have any solid proof.

The short answer to, "are there paid disinfo agents on ATS" is probably yes.

(a unified shocked and horrified gasp arises from the crowd)

I say this because I can remember at least three occasions where they were caught.

One was a member who worked for a contractor under the employ of the Defense Intelligence Agency. He admitted guilt because he ended up really liking ATS.

Another was a key instigator in the whole "Project Serpo" fiasco.

And yet another was involved in some UFO madness, posting from a library down the street from a defense contractor, who also later admitted guilt because he ended up liking ATS.

Does it bother me? No.

Should it bother you? No.

Should you change the way you post? No.

Why? Because they need your help. Just like anyone else doing their job, it's their job. And the more we (ATS) treat them the same as anyone else (whomever they are) and continue pushing our subjects… they may come around.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

olaru12
Yes there are disinfo agents and you can spot them a mile away.

I rest my case. THIS is what I'm talking about.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Hooray we turned two disinfo agents to the ATS cause
deny ignorance indeed

Pat on the back due to the owners/mods and members I think. *pat pat*

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hmm what just happened here then

The thread just went all bizarre, anyone else notice this?

King

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

*Tin foil hat on*
What If a mod infiltrated ATS? If found out will we duff em up?

link   

One was a member who worked for a contractor under the employ of the Defense Intelligence Agency. He admitted guilt because he ended up really liking ATS.

Another was a key instigator in the whole "Project Serpo" fiasco.

And yet another was involved in some UFO madness, posting from a library down the street from a defense contractor, who also later admitted guilt because he ended up liking ATS.

Seems more likely to me that these guys were just regular members trolling.

one wanted to seem important by claiming to be DIA (like a DIA would admit to being paid to be on ATS)

the other might have been getting paid by a private individual to investigate something (not exact the same as being a disinfo agent)

as for the last one, pretty must the same as number one.

I am assuming that they never gave you proof they were DIA?
edit on 6-12-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

link   

I was checking your profile for your thread,something along the lines of the cycle of atsers or something but couldn't find it....it makes sense to me and i wanted it posted.
It would be perfect for this thread.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

kingears
Hmm what just happened here then

The thread just went all bizarre, anyone else notice this?

King

That happens sometimes, its just a glitch nothing to worry about, "they" would not make it so obvious, nor would "they" care about this thread.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

You make a valid point, and I have witnessed this first hand at another conspiracy site. Logical, intelligent thinking is greeted with "shill" or "troll". Its creeping in here more and more though.

King

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Paid disinfo - probably not
Obsessive debunkers - without a doubt.

Another thing I've encountered a few times is that I've suspecting people having numerous accounts, that I am 100% convinced. Also, I guess if one account writes something ludicrous, the same person can jump on with a witty post
to score easy stars. I know it's childish but I do think it happens.
Either way, it shouldn't really affect the site, people are here with all sorts of agendas whether they know it or not.
edit on 31pm33pmFri, 06 Dec 2013 15:54:05 -060031 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Thank you for popping in on my thread, good to get the site owners opinion

It just seems like we've had an influx recently. Maybe I should lay off the coffee for a bit

Again, thanks for the replies guys, I'm trying my best to reply to everyone, but my thumbs can't keep up

King

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I thought as much, but hey you never know

King

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I find it entertaining that the site owner says yes and other members choose to argue. Who knows, right?

I rather enjoy the shills except when they purposely derail threads and are successful in getting them shut down.

link   
In an active thread it's easy to post 50 some odd posts in an hour (depending on your typing speed). And if you multitask like me, knocking off a hundred or two posts a day is not hard, while getting a regular days work in. ATS makes spreadsheets and data charts less boring.

Or are those data charts and spreadsheets all about you and your threads?

link   
I don't know if it's true or not.

From my time in the political forums sometimes opposition to a point of view can become pretty heated. That doesn't make the other poster a disinfo agent though. The only ones I ever really suspect are the those who immediate refute a point with a huge post from a talking points website, lots of links, and obscure data that appears to be right at their fingertips.

As far as being online a lot, I usually log into ATS when I start my computer and leave it that way all day. Easier to post that way if something interesting goes by.

But hey, if someone want's to pay me that's cool.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Yes. They are. This is not up for debate.

There are plenty of them on here.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I'm the same, my status is online permanently as I use my phone and it keeps me logged in. I rarely post from my PC as I'd have to switch it on, wait 5 mins for it to boot up, yada yada yada. Phone is so much easier, well until I want to copy and paste things, then I want to tear my hair out, however persistence pays off.....eventually

I was purely concentrating on the length of time to post ratio of some of the newer members.

King
edit on 6/12/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join