It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Paid Disinfo Members In Our Midst?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Jeebuz--reading the comments its quite obvious, but yet still so many choose to deny what the site owner already admitted.

Going by the discourse on this thread alone I would say 80% of ATS users are disifo agents, 10% are functionally retarded, 9% are insane and 1% are apathetic.

Those that are really do need to earn their keep better.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

hellobruce

kingears

hellobruce
A secret inside source has informed me that paid posters have been told to start threads asking if people think there are paid posters on different forums. This is done by the paid posters to divert attention away from the fact that they are the paid posters here....

So I'm being paid without my knowledge

That is what you were told to say......

I have a handler unbeknownst to me also

King

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

dainoyfb
reply to post by kingears

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-12-2013 by dainoyfb because: I fixed the link.

Thank you, I will have read through that when I get a chance

King

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

binaryangel
Jeebuz--reading the comments its quite obvious, but yet still so many choose to deny what the site owner already admitted.

Going by the discourse on this thread alone I would say 80% of ATS users are disifo agents, 10% are functionally retarded, 9% are insane and 1% are apathetic.

Those that are really do need to earn their keep better.

Which category do I fit into then?

King

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kingears

Do I really need to tell you what you already know?

My point was not directed at anyone, a generalization on the thread without any extrinsic information from the greater ATS discussion.

But, I normally just lurk here, but I calls it how I sees it

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by binaryangel

Sorry, I was just trying to be humourous

I'm the same. More of a Lurker than a poster. I'd been lurking for many years before finally signing up in 2011, I'm glad I did though

King

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Is 16 posts a day too much? I don't think so, an active member of the community can achieve that in 1 or 2 hours tops.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I haven't read the replies so I apologize if someone has already suggested this: There probably aren't PAID members in our midst... but there probably are trolling members from official organizations in our midst, who do what they do out of passion instead of marching orders.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Were are my cheques then been on here since Nov 2008 and not one cent who do I make a complaint to

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Of course there are disinfo agents here. Both paid and unpaid. Even the admins have acknowledged this in a few different threads.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hi!

I was reading this forum for some months/years without being registered, then in some topic someone said that on other topics he created there was more info about the subject of the topic.
Then I registered to be able to look at the profile of the guy, and find the other topics about that.
With that I became one of those 500 new members, but I'm not paid to come here.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have noticed this in the anti-Obama care posts. Now I agree there's many things to discuss and a ton of problems but it seems like there is a group of posters who don't post to discuss things but just use it as a tea party commercial.

The main poster will re-post some negative new story and the same group will quickly agree with his statements. This is all done with little jabs and one liners. No substantive discussion or debate is done. Any alternative views are quickly ignored.

(Though I'm sure the right and left both have their social media posters, the right seems to have a group who tends to take more direct payments.)

ATS has been taken over by a group of Tea party bullies - there's very little debate or discussion anymore.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

You know what they say about opinions, right?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

kingears
This is an observation more than anything, and i obviously do not have any solid proof.

The short answer to, "are there paid disinfo agents on ATS" is probably yes.

(a unified shocked and horrified gasp arises from the crowd)

I say this because I can remember at least three occasions where they were caught.

One was a member who worked for a contractor under the employ of the Defense Intelligence Agency. He admitted guilt because he ended up really liking ATS.

Another was a key instigator in the whole "Project Serpo" fiasco.

And yet another was involved in some UFO madness, posting from a library down the street from a defense contractor, who also later admitted guilt because he ended up liking ATS.

Does it bother me? No.

Should it bother you? No.

Should you change the way you post? No.

Why? Because they need your help. Just like anyone else doing their job, it's their job. And the more we (ATS) treat them the same as anyone else (whomever they are) and continue pushing our subjects… they may come around.

And they liked it so much that they decided to stay, and then after they'd hung around a while and proved their mettle, some of them were made Mods, and now, even to this day, they lurk happily ever after.. The end.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Because someone else mentioned it...have you ever made a known shill a mod? Granted a self-admitted and proven shill moderator status?

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

It's my opinion, one of the surest signs of desperation and symptoms of delusion is when someone throws the "Disinfo Agent" card.

It's my opinion anyone pointing fingers and calling anyone "Disinfo Agent", needs take a deep breath, hold it for a long time, and step away from Conspiracy Theory sites for at least one solid 7-day week.

On the contrary, they do exist. Like I've stated previously on this thread, I was once a moderator of a site that included conspiracy theory and political discourse among other subjects. In that position, I encountered both politically and privately paid posters. I will agree that simply assuming that someone is a disinfo agent as a means to refute an argument is fallacious but don't think for one second that forums are meaningless to a variety of interests in both the public and private sectors. That is simply ignoring the millions if not billions of dollars being spent in marketing/public relations.

All one has to do is go to twitter sometime and see all the sock puppets that exist there where within seconds of each other a series of accounts will tweet something verbatim without it being a retweet. Companies will hire freelance writers to write reviews on websites and there's even been a case of false accounts on facebook for the purpose of sock puppeting. Bloggers, forums, facebook, twitter, and even those little reviews on Amazon are hit with paid individuals. Crowdcloud is just one of the entities that hires writers to write specific things: www.cloudcrowd.com...

All in the name of public relations. Information spread and control is the name of the game for both marketers and PR firms alike. If you don't think your government also has an interest in these same things, then I really don't know what to say. How could they not want to either stir up or quiet down the mass of public opinion when that really is a politician's job? Likewise, how could they not be concerned about what information gets shared on a public forum should it happen to trample on something that could damage national security?

We are in the information age, after all, and with the guise of anonymity, it makes all these things possible and likely. However, I agree that to simply discredit another's view point on the basis of believing them to be a "paid shill" is not the correct way to go about things. Even if one suspects a poster as being a paid poster, it's far better to beat them with logic than accusation which may have no merit.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank you. On another site, where I moderated, we encountered the same. We did have a former intelligence agent as a moderator/administrator but, ironically enough, he was the one that actually spotted them. I'll echo the fact that we were not given any notice by any agency that so-so was working for intelligence agency. We were never privy to that and found ours through accident. Where that site differed is that we were ordered by the owner of the site to keep hands off because he didn't want to step on any toes.

I also agree that it should not bother or deter people from stating exactly what they mean and keeping up a healthy discourse. If we all turn around and fear that a government employee could be eavesdropping on our conversations, then free speech is essentially chilled. Democracy inherently requires a free and open discourse.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord
Another was a key instigator in the whole "Project Serpo" fiasco.

Thank you for all of that, SO. Wish you would address Roswell, btw, more in-depth sometimes, ahem.

Now, as to the above, would you please elaborate or point me/us in the right direction? I would truly appreciate it.

By 'whom' and 'why' would such a person be paid in your opinion? Thanks.

edit on 9-12-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
With the billions the USA spends on military and secret services, having payed agents on a popular conspiracy site like ATS would be an opportunity stupid to pass on, considering how low the investment is and how some people are still oblivious that this is a fact.

Oh and, it's not just here.

Whatever the subject, whatever if it's true or not...
Pretty much every "mainstream" forums have been infiltrated to skew the opinion of the people.

GMO's
Chemtrails
Government policies
Israel/Palestine
Wars
Global Warming
Bank Frauds
Aliens, name it.

If it's bad for the majority and good for the rich minority, don't worry, they got it covered with lies and deceit.
They WILL try to forge a public opinion that is good for THEM.

The investment is minimal and, hell, some people still think they're aren't any payed posters online!
Golden

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

For that post I think I should have gotten at least one star, for courage and bravery, because he has this super GIANT ban hammer and it's huge and he's pretty big -> you were too fearful to even give me a star for saying it, cowards.. jk! no I don't need stars that bad, but it left me with a creepy feeling and I felt the need to express myself openly and freely and I can't let fear get in the way of what's right, honest and straightforward.

Truth to power!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join