It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Paid Disinfo Members In Our Midst?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Ha ha ha. Thanks!

Merry Christmas! [[ Insert all acceptable holiday greetings ]]

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It's mostly people who have nothing else to do with their time and other people ho have a lot of enthusiasm.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kingears

Thanks King.

Stay on top of what you start and be responsible!

The TS message, go after the ball, not the player is a great mandate for all of us, especially me.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Are Paid Disinfo Members In Our Midst?

Paid?

No, I don't think they are paid.
edit on 8-12-2013 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Bedlam

Was your CAC plugged in when you got them?

Turned in my last CAC about 7 years ago. Time flies...

Actually my last CAC was a CAC/+D so to speak...know what I mean?

Yes, the advertising is kind of funny/interesting. Guess they're trying the mainstream route. Why not? With all of the press they've gotten lately might as well try & turn chicken sh#t into chicken salad. Pretty smart actually, but we know Mama didn't raise no dummies...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

leostokes

James Sanders. Susan Lindauer. Both spent time in jail.

Many have simply been executed.

Not necessarily for comments on social media. But opposition to the politicians holding power.

edit on 7-12-2013 by leostokes because: (no reason given)

The Susan Lindauer and James Sanders cases look interesting. Thanks for the post. However, neither has anything to do with people getting arrested for political dissent on FB.

As for "many who have been simply executed": Obviously, if you're talking about the history of the world political dissidents are killed all the time. If we're talking about people being executed for what they say on social media in the U.S. (which was the implication of the post I originally responded to) I'd need to see some evidence of that.

I did find this about the case of Brandon Raub which looks like a legitimate and disturbing example of someone being detained because of what they wrote on social media:
LINK.

Once again, however, the fuzzy line in the sand concerns threats of violence. I see people dancing on and crossing that line on a daily basis and have for years. You can see it on this site. You can see it all over the web. The overwhelming majority of them are not arrested even for that. I have FB "friends" from all across the political spectrum who regularly make all sorts of extreme statements. They're probably being watched but they are not getting arrested.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Ok. Yes my post is out of the theme of the thread. I guess that what I want to say is that if they jail you for writing a book exposing governmental misdeeds then they must have some plan to punish people who speak out against government corruption in social media.

I wonder if NSA monitors FB and is taking names. I wonder why FEMA built all those (so far empty) camps.

My guess is the government is not going to sit idly by while the chorus of opposition continues to grow on FB.

Thanks for replying.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Its a form of trolling.

Trolling comes in many ways, shapes, and forms.
But it is always to the same end. To fool 'the readers' that you are someone you are not. It could be for example; a complete tool, a person with very poor english skills, a racist, a woman-hater, whatever you can imagine - to stir up comments and emotion.

On ATS the "paid shill"-troll seems to be the most common form of trolling. You write comments in a way that - if youre really good at it - will have 'the readers' believe you are a government shill.

And once you are accused - you sit there and marvell at your creation.
"hahaha these fools think Im a government shill, hahahhaha".

Get the idea? There are no paid government undercover agents on these forums. Trust me, they dont have the resources to do that

Its just a conspiracy theory.
edit on 8-12-2013 by alienDNA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I know in my own life there are plenty of people that would prefer I didn't tell the truth about plenty of things because they can't handle the truth and they don't want their ill gains taken from them.

There are facets of society built upon lies. Imagine a Jenga tower where the blocks are sat on ill foundations. If these ill foundations are removed the tower would fall.

Just the same as the lies on which certain facets of society were exposed that which is build upon them would fall.

Imagine how many people who have ill gotten power and influence that do not want these lies exposed. Do they sit idle or are they proactive in their ill ways?

The fact that they acted against the TRUTH being known will only expose them further and gives more weight to the TRUTH being known.

We know now more than we knew before. We now know those that are against the TRUTH and the real nature of certain posters and facets of society.

Which is WIN for the TRUTH.

o o
<
../

edit on 8-12-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Yes, to answer your question. I myself work in the Social Media field, and last year when I was interviewing, I talked to a company who I suspected of being a govt shill.

Here's a link that explains how our govt is looking for a way they don't have to employ real people. (the obvious weak link)
websearch.darpa.mil...
:L:d1&output=xml_no_dtd&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&client=default_fronte nd&proxystylesheet=default_frontend&site=default_collection

The REAL question /reply should be: Now you know, what are you gonna do about it?
Answer: Absolutely Nothing! (just like the pathetic rest of us)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Riffrafter
Yes, the advertising is kind of funny/interesting. Guess they're trying the mainstream route.

I can't wait to see the SCS job advertisements.

"This is Pedro. Pedro lives in Venezuela. He lives a happy life as a cell tower technician. He plays soccer with his friends, has a drink now and then, has a smoking hot girlfriend, belongs to the USP. He's also in the SCS. Pedro's REAL job is to insert this little module into the cell tower's electronics. It doesn't look like much. But it's a complex monitoring device that retransmits traffic to us over a satellite link. Pedro also managed to ride his bike past the local military base and placed a number of ELINT devices that have been reporting the types and number of aircraft by their radar signatures. He also works with Pascal, who works in the Russian Embassy. Between Pedro and Pascal, we know what's going on and when. Pedro will never be featured in a news story. He won't be in a movie. If he's really lucky and skilled, no one will know anything at all about Pedro, and this time next year, we'll rotate him out and back to the States, where he has a wife and two kids in grade school. And that's the way we roll"
edit on 8-12-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well, one thing is for certain. If they're trying to suppress political dissent with online shills they're doing a terrible job. There is rabid dissent all over the net. If they're trying to suppress paranormal beliefs then ditto.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
A secret inside source has informed me that paid posters have been told to start threads asking if people think there are paid posters on different forums. This is done by the paid posters to divert attention away from the fact that they are the paid posters here....

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
There is one incident on ATS that to this day makes me consider seriously the possibility of agencies tasked to cleaning up national security leaks which occur on this site.

A few years ago one of our members posted about discovering via Google images, a remote airfield that had a fleet of military aircraft of a (to this day) unidentified design. Within the first page of posts a member who had just registered the same day posted that they had flown over the field just the day before and gave a there is nothing to see here folks type explanation that for many obvious reasons didn't match the satellite image and was an outright lie. They logged in for another week but never posted on ATS again. An unfortunate aside to this story is that that one post got more stars than almost any other in the 12 page thread, raising questions also about counterfeit starring by agencies.

By the way the general consensus on ATS was that the aircraft were an in service fleet of as yet unknown UAV originally imaged back in 2005.

Back in the mid nineties the public was aware that word mining from audio sources was being done by government projects such as Echelon. Plain text is much easier and probably has a much earlier start than most of us realize. It is not a stretch for me to presume that agencies routinely, with minimal effort automatically crawl every new thread on ATS and instantly receive an email/txt alert when certain names and phrases appear. No need even for manual monitoring. Heck I could probably do that myself with a bit of Java scripting/cursing. A major advantage is that with ATS being in the public domain it is completely legal to monitor and is a probable early vector for leaked material.

PS. I certainly can't fault the OP for posting a thread based on an observation with little evidence. Sometimes evidence is fleeting despite the existence of something. If we don't ask, research and test, then we may never find out.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

hellobruce
A secret inside source has informed me that paid posters have been told to start threads asking if people think there are paid posters on different forums. This is done by the paid posters to divert attention away from the fact that they are the paid posters here....

So I'm being paid without my knowledge

King

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Thank you for your insight
Do you have a link to the thread you speak of? I'm interested in reading the whole post of which you speak.

King
edit on 9/12/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

kingears

hellobruce

So I'm being paid without my knowledge

That is what you were told to say......

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-12-2013 by dainoyfb because: I fixed the link.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I somewhat agree, if you read between the lines, you have to understand that there are lots of scientific folk on board here at ATS, and therefore everything must fall in line with the scientific. Then there is the skeptic who worships at the swamp gas, Venus and Mars and crash test dummies temple, (The single assassin JFK hit worship at a different temple.) With the afore said groups set aside, yes they are here...more than you might think!
edit on 9-12-2013 by laughingdog because: Oh, the normal goofy stuff.

edit on 9-12-2013 by laughingdog because: More goofy stuff discovered.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Specifically the alien/UFO field seems to have a debunker for every believer - Here is what a famous Astronaut said about this issue.

“Yes, there have been ET visitations. There have been crashed craft. There have been material and bodies recovered. There has been a certain amount of reverse engineering that has allowed some of these craft, or some components, to be duplicated. And there is some group of people that may or may not be associated with government at this point that have this knowledge. They have been attempting to conceal this knowledge. People in high level government have very little, if any, valid information about this. It has been the subject of disinformation in order to deflect attention and create confusion so the truth doesn’t come out. ”
― Edgar D. Mitchell, The Way of the Explorer: An Apollo Astronaut's Journey Through the Material and Mystical Worlds

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join