It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Paid Disinfo Members In Our Midst?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

lovebeck

I am glad someone had the gall to bring this up.

Thanks, I did wince as I hit post for fear of being flamed, but I'm glad i posted now as it seems a lot of fellow members hold the same view or have made the same observation. Thanks for posting

King

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Cito
I do paid posting work as well as use AdSense and amazon ads to make extra money.

Here's list of companies that pay forum posters
wfhreporter.com...

Not too bad extra income while on disability, paid to my PayPal

Thanks for this, I wasn't even aware of there being companies like this. Sometimes I feel so naive, but this is why I come to ATS, to learn

King

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

mattsawaufo
......You have alot of growing up to do if you not realize how many liars there are everywhere.

Wow thanks for the err.......insult.

Enjoy your day.

King

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kingears

I count on it, not just paid shills, but paid observers, and other interested parties of nefarious affiliations, most definitely there's more going on here than meets the eye, and more than the innocuous postings of the membership, and you know for sure sometimes when you hit a nerve by how the information you're presenting is responded to. There's much to learn here in reading between the lines between the lines.

Even SO says they're here, and he knows not only who's who, but who's watching, from where and which threads, it's built right into the forum software he uses, the capability of observing the observers and what they're observing.

There are OCD debunkers also, from groups like the JREF forum, places like that. Few are actually "paid" to post, but a person doesn't have to be getting paid to be a government "shill" on a mission, depending on their own special interests and who and what they kowtow to ie: who's ass they are really kissing, even if only in their own mind, because those particular types of asses have no compassion and a complete disregard for the mutual best interests of humanity, so I think they're on a fools errand, who've already received their "reward" which ain't much, even if the occasional one among them actually gets paid for what they say and do here.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

It comes out of military spending--has that declined at all since the financial crisis in 2008?

We have had the site owner admitting to their existence, a link to a company that hires paid forum posters and a link to a Harvard Law professor (who happens to be on the NSA oversight committee) recommending such. Further denial of the facts presented really highlights your failure to comprehend and/or retain information.

Maybe if the TPTB paid more we would not have such inept disinfo clowns?.

ETA: Or hire me to train them; The overlords know my resume, and I'm broke as #
edit on 8-12-2013 by cartenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

kingears

lovebeck

Thanks, I did wince as I hit post for fear of being flamed, but I'm glad i posted now as it seems a lot of fellow members hold the same view or have made the same observation. Thanks for posting

King

Well my worry is that YOU are a disinfo clown, who else but the Clown Prince himself would utilise a username as Kingears, when we know Charles will never hold the throne?

Sorry, I'm Australian and pro-republic (for the UK), you have to read that with a bit of snide sarcasm.

Been watching the Ashes? LOL

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

cartenz

kingears

lovebeck

King

Well my worry is that YOU are a disinfo clown, who else but the Clown Prince himself would utilise a username as Kingears, when we know Charles will never hold the throne?

Sorry, I'm Australian and pro-republic (for the UK), you have to read that with a bit of snide sarcasm.

Been watching the Ashes? LOL

Maybe i am
no I'm really not, I don't get as much time as I'd like to post on here as it is because of family commitments. I am a bit of a clown and my user name is a mickey take of myself as I have sticky out ears and was bullied at school because of it. My counter was humour and its worked ever since.

I'm not a massive fan but we appear to be getting a good ass whipping from you guys this time, swings and roundabouts as they say.

King
edit on 8/12/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

No love lost--you seem like a "good chap", and I do like the chutzpah it took to start this thread--Its an annoyance I had felt nearly a decade before I registered here. I came for a specific reason, but I stayed for everything; Even the shills.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Agent008
I have noticed a lot of new members in the last few months, I'm sure most are honest enough but could be one or two shills mixed in there. I don't think it really maters ATS members can ignore the one post in a thread that is ment to derail it. We got this bring on the shills and trolls!

Surly the enemy of the shills and trolls is facts? The problem we have here on ATS is large number of members who ignore facts/evidence that conflict with their belief and thus the person who presents the fact is labelled a shill or troll.

What happens when new members come along with the very same facts/evidence......hmmmmm

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Have YOU proof they misinform ?

(post by cartenz removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Psychology is applied Biology; Biology is applied Chemistry...

What is the ISSUE????????????

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

As I clearly stated in the OP, i have no solid proof and it is an observation I have made.

This is an observation more than anything, and i obviously do not have any solid proof.
However In the last couple of months I have noticed an increasing number of new members who, given the length of time they have been here, have an incredible amount of posts (500+ within a month of signing up). Many of these seem to be here to debunk conspiracy topics, Are these just regular people with nothing better to do than spend A LOT of time here, or as the thread title suggests, paid government workers who's task is to misinform?

I was asking a question of my fellow members, to which they have responded wonderfully. Many agree, some do not, but I'd say the majority agree to some extent.

King

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
hmmmm I think I found out who they are....these guys...

(post by cartenz removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

The Google name wasn't even know until 2006 and was called googleplex. Before that it was known as just PageRank, and then by Backrub far from what now "google" is as you can see.

We can discuss this anyway you want and denying ignorance and learning history is one of the best aspects of ATS.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

marg6043
reply to post by cartenz

The Google name wasn't even know until 2006 and was called googleplex. Before that it was known as just PageRank, and then by Backrub far from what now "google" is as you can see.

But that's wrong...you can see a detailed timeline of Google's history here. The Google name goes back to 1997. In 2006 the search engine was quite similar to its present-day incarnation. It even had Google Maps, Google Calendar, Google Trends, etc.

marg6043
We can discuss this anyway you want and denying ignorance and learning history is one of the best aspects of ATS.

I agree with you on that one.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by opopanax

Google began in January 1996 as a research project by Larry Page and Sergey Brin when they were both PhD students at Stanford University in Stanford, California.[26]

While conventional search engines ranked results by counting how many times the search terms appeared on the page, the two theorized about a better system that analyzed the relationships between websites.[27] They called this new technology PageRank; it determined a website's relevance by the number of pages, and the importance of those pages, that linked back to the original site.[28][29]

A small search engine called "RankDex" from IDD Information Services designed by Robin Li was, since 1996, already exploring a similar strategy for site-scoring and page ranking.[30] The technology in RankDex would be patented[31] and used later when Li founded Baidu in China.[32][33]

Page and Brin originally nicknamed their new search engine "BackRub", because the system checked backlinks to estimate the importance of a site.[34][35][36] Eventually, they changed the name to Google, originating from a misspelling of the word "googol",[37][38] the number one followed by one hundred zeros, which was picked to signify that the search engine was intended to provide large quantities of information.[39] Originally, Google ran under Stanford University's website, with the domains google.stanford.edu and z.stanford.edu.[40][41]

The domain name for Google was registered on September 15, 1997,[42] and the company was incorporated on September 4, 1998. It was based in a friend's (Susan Wojcicki[26]) garage in Menlo Park, California. Craig Silverstein, a fellow PhD student at Stanford, was hired as the first employee.[26][43][44]

In May 2011, the number of monthly unique visitors to Google surpassed one billion for the first time, an 8.4 percent increase from May 2010 (931 million).[45] In January 2013, Google announced it had earned $50 billion in annual revenue for the year of 2012. This marked the first time the company had reached this feat, topping their 2011 total of $38 billion.[46]

en.wikipedia.org...

They started with the name of PageRank, then BackRub, and then to Googol as a misspelling name of Google, but back in 1996 it was another engine call RanDex with the same type of technology it seems like it was trying to copy the original PageRank from Larry Page and Sergey Brin research project, now like everything else it starts in one way and then metamorphosed into something else but the Google name came after.

Yes, is interesting to find out how research projects starts and become the trends of today.

edit on 8-12-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yes, it is interesting. The Google name/brand was very well-established by 2006, though, so I'm not sure why you are/were asserting otherwise.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by opopanax

I know it was already well established in 2006, that I posted originally, but it actually started to be know by 2004. My point is not how but when it became the brand name we have grown to know today, that is how all this started, I was told to Deny ignorance and that is what I did, I have been a personal computer user since 1996, so I remember how used to be before all the new and impressive gadgets and technology we have today, back then google and many of other impressive technologies and the internet as we know now, were just a dream.

I am done, I hope the information help some.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join